PDA

View Full Version : amount of hours on a used x star

darren57
03-04-2011, 11:32 PM
I found a x star at a master craft dealer. The 2008 x star is fully loaded. it has the 400 hp motor custom wrap, and all the upgraded options. the boat has been used at a wakeboard camp and has been serviced at the dealer every year and winterized there too. my concern is the boat has 550 hours on it. should i shy away from the boat because of hours. it is in good shape but hours scare me. I have heard boats are good for 2000 hours what is your opinons. they are asking 49000 for the boat? any ideas are more then welcome. thanx darren

milehigh970
03-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Man... Never realized my boat has a expiration date or should i say hour.. ;) the motor on average may need a rebuild at 2000 hr range some say, but even that is hard to judge. All in how the boat has been cared for. If it was a camps boat it mechanically was probably maintained cause i would't see them wanting a down tow boat. Probably only drove by a handful of skilled boat operators i would bet aswell. Don't let the hours be something to steer you away... How much a year Will you use it?

vision
03-05-2011, 01:07 AM
If the boat has been well maintained, I would not worry about that level of hours. Certainly it affects the value of the boat. But, I would rather have a boat with greater than average hours but well maintained, than one with low hours and not well maintained.

Considering your location, you will likely get another 15 years before the engine needs to be rebuilt.

My 08 X-star has 420 hours and I am just a private owner.

darren57
03-05-2011, 01:23 AM
thanx every one for your opinions i have never owned a master craft and this is my first boat and its alot of money and I want to do it right. i hadm a 2008 bayliner befor so it was time for an up grade. I will use the boat from the middle of may to the middle of sept.

bcboy
03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Sounds like a great deal....all upgraded options??? I have a 2008 X-star and would not let it go for that price.
Tandem Low profile trailer? Sound System...tower speakers...led lights? Front and rear lights? Fresh water only?
Buy it....you will LOVE it....Pictures will help!!!!

darren57
03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
ya the boat has the rear faceing lights,heated seats,400hp motor,rims,two tower speakes may need to ad more, sub, should be a good boat I am going to be dealing on it tommorow. I don't have a picture right now but will post when I get one of me standing by it. very excited

Jerseydave
03-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Service records? Make sure the oil was changed at least every 50 hours, unless they used synthetic oil.
Do a compression test too.

Sounds like a nice deal....I would not be afraid of the hours as long as it was maintained and cared for. Any x-star flaws were taken care of before 2008 so you should be ok.

darren57
03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Ya I will get that checked out. The dealer has been great they said they would let me talk to the machanic that has done the service on the boat and they said they would take care of any problems I have with the boat for two seasons. I have pictures and will post as soon as I can my phone will not let me up load them yet. It has a custom wrap on it that is kinda different I will post and see what you think. They told me they will take the wrap off and just put decals on for me if I want too

JohnE
03-08-2011, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. It's an 08, so it's been used for 4 seasons? So that is under 140 hours a year? Heck I put about 120 a year on mine and I onluy really get out on weekends and a week or two (if I'm lucky) vacation.

darren57
03-11-2011, 03:21 AM
tell me what you think of the wrap on the boat64967

2RLAKE
03-11-2011, 07:26 AM
i would love to see how it looks head on with the shark teeth ... pretty neat

Mgboyd25
03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Haha that's crazy!
I like the little monster in the back of the boat with the crazy look on his face. Ohh yeah and the hola bikini girl is cool too!

shunra
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
You may already know this, but both Amber Wing and Darin Shapiro have been towed by that boat.

Somewhere I have seen a picture of it from before the wrap was put on, but can't find it now. The Original owner is a member here.

aaron.
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
2008 bayliner to a 2008 xstar, to call that simply an 'upgrade' is a crime. =)

darren57
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for the imput and i did not know that those peopel were pulled in the boat thats cool