PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Customizing Cover for a Tower

dave46234
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I have a 2000 205V I'm adding a New Dimension Tower to, and was curious how I should go about re-fitting/customizing my road cover to accomodate. The current road cover is an excellent condition, and would be ideal if there's a way to make cuts and re-stitch to fit.

Any thoughts on all the things I need to do, best way to do them, etc.? Thanks.

k2knapke
03-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm just having my cover sewed to fit a NDT on 2001 205v. I didn't take any pics of me cutting the cover, but i can take some pics once i get my cover back. I did the cutting and showed a neighbor who does some industrial sewing on how i need it hemmed, material added, or velcro applied. Not sure when ill get it back but ill post when i do to help ya out.

dave46234
03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks, that would be great to see the pics. What are you doing to keep the drawstring tight since it needs breaks where the tower will be? Are you just tying off some snaps?

k2knapke
03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
My cover doesn't have a draw string. Just snaps. The fella i bought the boat from had a custom cover made when he bought the boat new. So it's not a MC brand if that explains anything. Should have pics soon.

Jeff d
03-06-2011, 09:06 PM
If the hem for the rope is large enough you could replace it with nylon webbing. Then sew in a flap with Velcro that spans the gap between the two tower legs. Then use a buckle under each flap. I'm not explaining it well but that's the way most of the covers with tower provisions are setup. You unbuckled it to go around the legs.

k2knapke
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I understand what your saying Jeff d, but wouldn't the buckles under the cover wear on the gel coat over time with the cover flopping?