PDA

View Full Version : Way To Make Exhaust LOUD

Pages : [1] 2

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I just bought my first boat a couple weeks ago, a '92 ProStar 190. I had assumed that since it rumbled pretty good in the driveway when I bought it that it would be aggressive in the water. I am not familiar with inboards so I was hoping it would sound like the thru-hill exhausts I have always heard with the I/Os. Would straight pipes and some tips help at all or is this just never gonna happen?? Apparently most of the guys on here prefer it quiet but NOT me, to each their own, lol. I want it rumbling as much as possible. Also wondering why these boats top out at 45 mph with a V8?? Is there anything I can do about that?? An I/O with this same motor would nail 65 mph all day, not sure what is holding this boat back...

KnoxX2
03-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Think you have the wrong boat!!! Good Luck

Covi
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure if you will ever achevie what you are looking for with a 92, 190. The prop and transmition are going to hold you back

AZDave
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
These boats were designed to pull advanced slalom skiers through a slalom course at speeds up to 36 mph. They are also designed to track and hold speed better than I/O or outboard boats. The boat you have is one of the better examples of a true slalom boat. You would have to get a pretty radical prop on there to approach 50 mph. Also, if you have not noticed, that boat ia a bear in rough water, it was made for glass like conditions. I am guessing that you will be using this for recreation or "Wallying" as we call it. It will still be a damn fun reliable boat for that. Just not a fast top end or loud without spending some $$

WildPeace
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I suggest: 1) a CD with loud engine noises for the sound effect, 2) a video of your boat being pulled down the highway at 65MPH for the visual effect! Not what you want to hear but what you need to hear. It will assist in making your disappointment short lived.

MIskier
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I just bought my first boat a couple weeks ago, a '92 ProStar 190. I had assumed that since it rumbled pretty good in the driveway when I bought it that it would be aggressive in the water. I am not familiar with inboards so I was hoping it would sound like the thru-hill exhausts I have always heard with the I/Os. Would straight pipes and some tips help at all or is this just never gonna happen?? Apparently most of the guys on here prefer it quiet but NOT me, to each their own, lol. I want it rumbling as much as possible. Also wondering why these boats top out at 45 mph with a V8?? Is there anything I can do about that?? An I/O with this same motor would nail 65 mph all day, not sure what is holding this boat back...

You can make the exhausts louder with by removing the mufflers, but you're not going to get something that sounds like an offshore Apba racer if that is what you truly want.

You will never see 65mph out of a direct drive inboard boat, the shaft angle and the inability to change the hull running angle means that regardless of horsepower and prop you just cannot attain those speeds.

A '92 prostar is one of the best ski boat hulls ever produced so my advice is take up slalom skiing or bare footing

FrankSchwab
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Well, it's not likely to be as loud - a ski boat is intended to have someone on a rope 40' behind the boat. Straight open pipes aimed at them would make skiing a little less enjoyable for many; so the exhausts are located low next to the waterline to reduce the noise. My personal opinion on loud pipes is that, if you like the rumble, curve the pipes so they're pointed into the boat (same for a bike - you like the noise? Get custom pipes that point in the direction of your head).

Ski boats aren't as efficient as I/Os for speed. The Prop is angled downwards, losing some power compared to an I/O where you can trim the prop angle for best speed. Also, the ski boat tends to have a lot more drag than an I/O in order to shape the wake appropriately for skiing. Barefoot skiiers go up to 45 or so, so that's the design goal for these boats, and where most of them top out, even with 350 HP on tap.

If you want loud and you want fast, I think you're starting with the wrong platform.

/frank

duckguy
03-04-2011, 11:58 AM
With enough people trying to pass lake restriction times I myself personally would like it if you kept it quiet as to not make us look bad. Thanks

Miss Rita
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
A ProStar will not go faster than 50 mph, ain't gonna happen. I hate to say this, but if you want louder exhaust you can remove the mufflers and have straight pipes. Doesn't make much sense to me though. It's going to be annoying to your passengers and your neighbors after about five minutes. You won't be able to carry on a conversation, and you won't be able to hear your stereo.

Kevin@MWMC
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Straight pipes are not the way to go, unless you just want to hear the exhaust, not carry on a conversation in the boat, make the skier go deaf, and piss off everyone on the lake/river.

Previous owner of my X-2 had straight pipes on the boat, once you got above like 9mph and the exhaust tips got out of the water you could not even talk to the person sitting next to you. Muffler was ordered very quickly to fix the situation. Boat has a beautiful rumble to it and still quiet enough to talk while cruising.

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Welcome to TT!

I don't think you're going to get many responses that will help. These boats just weren't designed to do what you are looking for.

MIskier
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
With enough people trying to pass lake restriction times I myself personally would like it if you kept it quiet as to not make us look bad. Thanks

Agreed,

I have been pulled over by the police while in my buddies '08 197 with 6.0L and stock mufflers, even then they tried telling me that there was no way it was a stock boat...so with that type of mentality of the police and owners associations PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont go and make skiers and MC owners in general look like a bunch of inconsiderate punks.

Jim@BAWS
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
FORGET MY ADVISE...

My only advise is to go seek help immediatly....please

Jim@BAWS

coz
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Question: Why didn't you ask these questions before you bought the boat? :confused:

CruisinGA
03-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Toober Tom? Is that you?

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Like I said Duckguy, to each their own. That's what I love about America, freedom of expression. I will tailor my exhaust to make ME happy, not you or anyone else on the lake who is sensitive and gets upset or offended by a loud boat rumbling by. Enjoy your day, thanks

Mgboyd25
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe you should trade it in on a baja. That sounds like the boat you need

SWeaver
03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Make it wicked loud. That'd be soooo sweet for everybody!

Kevin&Annie
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
What about all the other people that have to motor through the same no wake zone as you? I like a little rumble too, but at some point your choice affects other people. Same goes for people blasting a stereo with all their windows open at a stoplight. Just seems inconsiderate to me. But this is America where you have the freedom to annoy the $h#% out of other people. So, enjoy your new loud and annoying boat. :)

KnoxX2
03-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Like I said Duckguy, to each their own. That's what I love about America, freedom of expression. I will tailor my exhaust to make ME happy, not you or anyone else on the lake who is sensitive and gets upset or offended by a loud boat rumbling by. Enjoy your day, thanks

Good day to you too......... Glad you are in Tulsa8p

silverblueBP
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
We have a guy that brings his race boat out to the lake a couple times a year. Straight pipes out into the air. It sounds cool the first time he runs it. After that, it's just obnoxious and everyone waits for him to leave.

I'm all for loud exhausts, hell, my 66 Mustang has side exit pipes and it's loud. But I don't go for a 4 hr cruise and try to listen to music (no radio anyway). No way I'd be on the lake where I couldn't talk or hear the tunes, that's half the fun!

Keep in mind that you're not the only one on the water and I guarantee that if you have a mechanical problem with a loud obnoxious boat, you'll likely be on your own. Most people are on the water for a good time and to relax.

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
To the people who replied with genuine responses, I appreciate it. To the others who wanted to be smartasses and keyboard warriors, have a great day. Bah hahaha

Chris P
03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
We have a guy that brings his race boat out to the lake a couple times a year. Straight pipes out into the air. It sounds cool the first time he runs it. After that, it's just obnoxious and everyone waits for him to leave.

I'm all for loud exhausts, hell, my 66 Mustang has side exit pipes and it's loud. But I don't go for a 4 hr cruise and try to listen to music (no radio anyway). No way I'd be on the lake where I couldn't talk or hear the tunes, that's half the fun!

Keep in mind that you're not the only one on the water and I guarantee that if you have a mechanical problem with a loud obnoxious boat, you'll likely be on your own. Most people are on the water for a good time and to relax.

I agree completely. We have the same situation on our lake. And....I have seen the boat towed.

I think the OP should have gotten the point by now and it sounds like he bought the wrong boat if he's looking for that type of performance.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
To the people who replied with genuine responses, I appreciate it. To the others who wanted to be smartasses and keyboard warriors, have a great day. Bah hahaha

I like that one. :D

coz
03-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Don't be getting your panties in a pinch, you asked a question to members of an inboard forum something they would never even think of doing. MC's are wakeboard and ski boats.....not Hallett jet/IO boats with Basset headers :D

duckguy
03-04-2011, 01:29 PM
You hooligan are clueless and selfish. You bought this boat to go fast and be obnoxious. Yeah a Baja would of been a way better choice, then you can reflect poorly on the correct type of boater you are and when the associations etc get together they can try to shut you down instead of me and my passion, ya know waterskiing-what you buy an MC for!

captain planet
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe you should trade it in on a baja. That sounds like the boat you need

Yup, a Baja and a Mr. T starter kit! Sounds perfect! :D

shepherd
03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Removing the mufflers will make your boat louder but not faster.
Putting rolled up socks in your pants will make your junk look bigger.

Double D
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM

I honestly didn't read that many smartass remarks on here. Just serious people about a passion they have, which is in most cases, "Direct Drive Competition Ski Boats". My brother and I always chuckle when we tell someone its has a V8 with 300 HP and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is: "How fast does it go?" It just tells us that they have not had the opportunity to be educated to the finer aspects of a pure Waterski Boat. Some extra noise I can understand, I even put a louder exhaust on my Avalanche, but it wont help to have a noisier boat when your not aloud on the lake because of it, which is what a few of the comments tried to explain.

I guess a question that nobody asked, so we truly understand you; how did you first learn about your MC 190, and what were your ultimate goals when you bought it?

FrankSchwab
03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
That's what I love about America, freedom of expression.

Ya know, that freedom thing works both ways - you're free to say that you want a loud go-fast boat, and on this open forum I'm free to give you my opinion of that.

Fortunately, I'm a fairly civil person so I tried to give some useful information along with a muted opinion. Others have given more pointed opinions - isn't freedom wonderful?

/frank

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Sounds like Louis Gossett Jr. had it right in officer and a gentleman.................

broncotw
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I agree with the others.... You have purchased a professional competition ski boat.... Your boat was designed and engineered for competition skiing and NOTHING else.... In the brains of the engineers and designers, in regards to speed, the only consideration was the 36MPH mark: How to get a ton of low-end power and enough speed and power to get to 36MPH... Any speed obtained after 36MPH in these competition ski boats is really irrelevant… There is a similar dichotomy in the salt water fishing boat industry: How to make a fishing boat obtain a ton of low-end power and still maintain high top-end speed… In most cases, you can’t do both…. You either get one or the other… In the professional ski boat industry top-end speed is NOT a concern and low-end power is KING.

As for the noise – you are on your own..... Too many opposing opinions here.... I like my “stock mufflers” which allow me to enjoy other aspects of my boat other than speed and engine sound -- such as the stereo and the ability to talk with others in my boat.....

JimN
03-04-2011, 02:22 PM

You could remove the baffles from the stock exhaust and it would basically be straight pipes but it still won't sound like someone in Northern Indiana who's tooling around in his pickup (they're all over the place, there). Also, you bought a tournament ski boat, not a go-fast boat. An I/O has trim adjustment and that removes most of the hull from contact with the water at speed. More wetted surface means it's not going to be as fast. If you decide to make this boat go 65MPH, please don't go that fast when anyone else is on/in the water- these aren't made to go that fast and they handle best at designed-for speeds.

Unless you end up in an area and/or on a lake with nothing but motorheads, you won't make any friends with a really loud exhaust.

JimN
03-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Actually, the Constitution provides freedom of speech, not freedom to disturb others and that's why noise ordinances have been written. If you don't have those where you'll be boating and if nobody else cares, knock yourself out. If people care about noise, you'll get to deal with them on this.

I have to wonder if you mentioned your desire for loud exhaust and high speed to whomever you bought this boat from. If you did and they said it will do what you're asking about, they lied. If you asked about it going 65MPH and they said "Sure", they probably meant "65MPH? Sure, it'll do 65MPH. Once.".

coz
03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
There's laws here in Az that require mufflers or baffles on our lakes and including the colorado river. This is a member of another forum I'm on and this just happened last week in parker (colorado river) and he busted himself up pretty bad and was air lifted to Phoenix for body repairs and when they recovered the boat and put it on the trailer the Parker cop that was there noticed he didn't have baffles and the guy ended up getting a ticket for that...even though it almost killed him he was still breaking the law and got written up.

https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/183075_194551073899980_100000352660321_590033_4668 262_n.jpg
https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/183075_194551077233313_100000352660321_590034_2424 126_n.jpg

The guy's gonna make it but it's going to be a while if at all before he's the same again.

ShawnB
03-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I honestly didn't read that many smartass remarks on here. Just serious people about a passion they have, which is in most cases, "Direct Drive Competition Ski Boats". My brother and I always chuckle when we tell someone its has a V8 with 300 HP and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is: "How fast does it go?" It just tells us that they have not had the opportunity to be educated to the finer aspects of a pure Waterski Boat. Some extra noise I can understand, I even put a louder exhaust on my Avalanche, but it wont help to have a noisier boat when your not aloud on the lake because of it, which is what a few of the comments tried to explain.

I guess a question that nobody asked, so we truly understand you; how did you first learn about your MC 190, and what were your ultimate goals when you bought it?

I always tell them I've never had it over 24 because that's the speed I have in Perfect Pass.

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I always tell them I've never had it over 24 because that's the speed I have in Perfect Pass.

If you put it in neutral you can turn off PP................. :D

03geetee
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I found the boat for you hooligan!

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6811Suck_my_Wake_001.jpg

Take a joke!

JTR

GT500 MC
03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
You can tell it's winter...how does this thread even get 30-some posts??

Love the 'stache 03geetee...

JimN
03-04-2011, 03:01 PM
There's laws here in Az that require mufflers or baffles on our lakes and including the colorado river. The guy's gonna make it but it's going to be a while if at all before he's the same again.

Back in the late '60s, someone from Campbell Boats was doing high-speed testing on Havasu and died because of his crash. I don't remember how fast he was going but I'm pretty sure he was hauling.

craig3972
03-04-2011, 03:07 PM
back in the day when a lot of guys were testing the boat speed record, they were getting killed in crashes right and left.

If i could have a silent boat with no engine noise I would love it - gotta perfect that electric battery.

Hooligan should have bought a Malivette!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
back in the day when a lot of guys were testing the boat speed record, they were getting killed in crashes right and left.

If i could have a silent boat with no engine noise I would love it - gotta perfect that electric battery.

I don't no about no noise. I love the rumble of an inboard in stock form. I wouldn't trade my set-up for electric to save my soul, but I am was always annoyed by the guy down the lake from my brothers dock who had a Ski Nautique that took the mufflers out. Finally he saw the light and bought a MasterCraft and left the exhaust alone.

G-Star
03-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Corbu? Automoboat? :D

03geetee
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
You can tell it's winter...how does this thread even get 30-some posts??

Love the 'stache 03geetee...

Porno stache FTMFW!!!

JTR

Double D
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Same guy. Definitely didn't know what he was buying.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39765

Sounds like the kid selling it didn't know either.....

coz
03-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Back in the late '60s, someone from Campbell Boats was doing high-speed testing on Havasu and died because of his crash. I don't remember how fast he was going but I'm pretty sure he was hauling.

It's probably safe to say Havasu see's 4 deaths a year due to speed. I'm not a fan of the loud go fasts (even though my first boat was one back in the 70's-early 80's). And....I'm also not a fan of those damn wakeboard boats with their tunes cranked so loud I can feel the thump in my chest and can't hear a thing....I guess I'm turning into an ol fuddy duddy :D

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Hahahaha, what sensitive group we have here, bunch of pussies. Reflecting bad on us fellow MC owners, are we a tribe now?? Get a life, I guess I should take my lift kit and flowmasters off my truck because that reflects on ALL Chevy owners as well, get a grip. I was simply asking about making my boat a little louder and raising the top speed 10 mph...thanks for all the "up in arms" answers. I have a guy on the line as we speak to work a trade, for a '79 Taylor jet boat with a big block, that way I can go be obnoxiously loud and and reflect poorly on all my fellow jet boat owners. Geez, what an ******* I am, bah hahahahahaha

broncotw
03-04-2011, 03:38 PM
We ARE a tribe!!!

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Your parents were related right??

captain planet
03-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Wasn't there a commercial for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qk_eeOPo68

:D

coz
03-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Hahahaha, what sensitive group we have here, bunch of pussies.

Now that's not very nice....no one was calling you names :confused: but then I see you're from OK so that explains a lot :rolleyes:

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Sorry, couldn't quite make out your words there, that gay Texas longhorn avatar kept distracting me, bah haha. Boomer Sooner baby...

ttu
03-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Now that's not very nice....no one was calling you names :confused: but then I see you're from OK so that explains a lot :rolleyes:

easy there cuz!!!

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 03:44 PM
And I see your too pu$$y to list where YOU are from, haha, you guys are making my day. Keep 'em coming...I absolutely LOVE all the bada$$ guys who run their mouth online all day,,,same guys that would have not ONE dAmN word to say to someone's FACE... every one is safe to get cocky from the safety of their keyboards on here, niiiice. Bah hahaha

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry, couldn't quite make out your words there, that gay Texas longhorn avatar kept distracting me, bah haha. Boomer Sooner baby...

You have to actually graduate high school first..................

duckguy
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow hooligan is a real winner

Double D
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Your parents were related right??

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

coz
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
And I see your too pu$$y to list where YOU are from

Every here knows I'm a native Californian now in Arizona :banana:

Double D
03-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow hooligan is a real winner

You mean WINER!?? Or was that Weiner??

Whatever...., I just hope he gets the boat he wants. Then we can all be happy again...:D

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't talk back to me, I could be YOUR dad, but hell, any of the guys on here could, your mom DID get around. Are those YOUR lips on your avatar or do they belong to your cross-dressing boyfriend??

shepherd
03-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Same guy. Definitely didn't know what he was buying.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39765

Sounds like the kid selling it didn't know either.....

Oh yeah... the silver button on the throttle will make your boat louder.

duckguy
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Weiner...haha

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Is that the best you got?? Weiner, and "whiner" has an "h" in it spelling champ. I didn't even have to graduate from high school in little ol' backwards Oklahoma to know that...

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey duckguy, I see you like that "weiner" comment... maybe you have some latent repressed homosexual tendencies you wanna divulge here on the forum, we ARE a tribe, remember?? Youu can come out of the closet now, you obviously have an affinity for phalic innuendos...

Hooligan80
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Aflac salesman huh?? What a pu$$y job, you are just another white collar office dweeb sitting in his gay JC Penney suit and typing your bs propaganda from the saftey of your laptop...go eat your yogurt and granola bar lunch and gossip with your female co-workers at the water cooler

MIskier
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey duckguy, I see you like that "weiner" comment... maybe you have some latent repressed homosexual tendencies you wanna divulge here on the forum, we ARE a tribe, remember?? Youu can come out of the closet now, you obviously have an affinity for phalic innuendos...

Dude you should really cool it you're just making yourself look worse, and just giving the admins a good reason to ban you for the way you are acting. Just some friendly advice.

Sodar
03-04-2011, 04:12 PM
For those reporting this thread, I see it and have sent Mr. Hooligan a PM regarding his behavior. If he continues, a mandatory vacation from TeamTalk awaits. He controls his future here.

Kevin&Annie
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow, this went downhill fast.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
For those reporting this thread, I see it and have sent Mr. Hooligan a PM regarding his behavior. If he continues, a mandatory vacation from TeamTalk awaits. He controls his future here.

Mod1

On behalf of all but 1 TT member, may I extend a collective thank you.

east tx skier
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Even money says he goes out with loud pipes.

:popcorn:

captain planet
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow, I think we all need to take a zanex (or however you spell it) and a beer and relax. It's Friday for crying out loud, not Monday.

Sodar
03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I think we need to unban Maristar210, just to show Hooligan who the real a-hole of this site is!! :)

east tx skier
03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow, I think we all need to take a zanex (or however you spell it) and a beer and relax. It's Friday for crying out loud, not Monday.

All of us? Okay, you're the doctor! :)

east tx skier
03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I think we need to unban Maristar210, just to show Hooligan who the real a-hole of this site is!! :)

I don't think you need our help to unban him. This thread is like dangling meat in front of a wild animal for him.

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Even money says he goes out with loud pipes.

I'm just glad for a change the A-hole is not from Texas this time...............:D

ttu
03-04-2011, 04:27 PM

come on capt, it's xanax. ooppps. just read it off my prescription bottle. :rolleyes: i am ready for that beer!:toast:

captain planet
03-04-2011, 04:27 PM

maristar 210 is banned? :(

Who am I going to tease about the horrible wolverines now? :rolleyes:

Double D
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
On behalf of all but 1 TT member, may I extend a collective thank you.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

captain planet
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
come on capt, it's xanax. ooppps. just read it off my prescription bottle. :rolleyes: i am ready for that beer!:toast:

Oh, that's right...the x sounds like the z in this case. Do we really need the letter 'x' for anything other than 'x marks the spot'?:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Oh, that's right...the x sounds like the z in this case. Do we really need the letter 'x' for anything other than 'x marks the spot'?:rolleyes:

X-Star??????????

east tx skier
03-04-2011, 04:36 PM
X-Star??????????

I think that was his point.

pram
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Hell I would take the silent master off and use a SDR35 4" PVC Pipe. You can use flexible hose couplers to join them to the exhaust manifolds

As for the speed, you need to take a file to the back of the boat on the trailing edge to remove the lip. Seriously. That lip forces the front of the boat down and the back of the boat up as speed increases thus increasing the "WET" surface of the boat. Probably only 1/8 - 3/16 is required to be removed. This will allow the boat to stay nose up and more easily walk across the water.

The other thing that you can do is file the rudder to take away the right hand pull. This will cause a power loss in the water and by filing it back to a neutral position you will remove this power robbing feature

TX.X-30 fan
Ex-wife????

thatsmrmastercraft

I know. I thought about east t_ skier, but it was too much to type as I was on the phone at the time.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Ex-wife????

No thanks, I already have one. :rolleyes:

ski/hunt
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Tooooo funny you could see his attitude roll downhill when he realized he had bought the wrong toy------HaHaHa I hate it when I buy something and find out it wont do anything I want it to--no wonder he started lashing out, went keyboard commando---HaHa

Sell your boat to someone who knows what it was built for and will appreciate it the way it is---then do your homework, as you clearly didn't on this purchase, and go buy yourself a baja eliminator. Oh ya then go hang out with your type on their forum----don't forget the sock for your shorts I believe it's required to drive that kind waste on the water!!

duckguy
03-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Hooligan, this is the most immature dumb conversation ever, with every passing word you look dumber and dumber. To keep with the immature theme. I would happily provide you my location and tell you to your face your a complete moron with no sense or class to speak of.

ttu
03-04-2011, 04:57 PM
No thanks, I already have one. :rolleyes:

damm you have one to. let's toast to that!:D

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Get a couple of diesel stacks and run them straight up through the engine box. That is what I would do. Also as far as inboards not going over 50? Here is one. I think it hit almost 60!:D

duckguy
03-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Here's one too http://www.barefootcentral.info/rig_of_the_month.htm

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 05:03 PM
PS if anyone wants to annoy with loud pipes check out an old CC setup. No pvc but copper pipes around 30" long in place of the muflers. The sound was really nice but my buddies did say it sounded like a Nascar coming down the river. I have learned since in some arenas/forums you have concede a few things for all to get along. No diiference in loud pipes and tower speakers imo....;)

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Nice post weiner! :D:D:DHere's one too http://www.barefootcentral.info/rig_of_the_month.htm

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
damm you have one to. let's toast to that!:D

This should do.:toast:

josepcedwards
03-04-2011, 05:10 PM
So ummm.. from the looks of it........ I would just leave the exhaust alone.

flipper
03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I like how he talks about people's locations like he has the sack, or the money now that the dumb chit bought the wrong boat, to go head to head with a grown man. Wait till you get a whisker or two on your wee wee before you come back huh buddy?

André
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Wow!
10 pages!
C'mon Spring!!!:)

Table Rocker
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=64800&stc=1&d=1299275898You have to love that Rolls Royce V12 sitting in there.

captain planet
03-04-2011, 05:19 PM

precisely.......

Although I still don't have a use for them as the engine is in the wrong spot.........and it isn't fast enough or loud enough. 8p

coz
03-04-2011, 05:21 PM
No diiference in loud pipes and tower speakers imo....;)

That's what I said in an earlier post on this thread....kinda :D

I'm not a fan of the loud go fasts (even though my first boat was one back in the 70's-early 80's). And....I'm also not a fan of those damn wakeboard boats with their tunes cranked so loud I can feel the thump in my chest and can't hear a thing....I guess I'm turning into an ol fuddy duddy

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Ha! I read as much as I could! :DThat's what I said in an earlier post on this thread....kinda :D

etduc
03-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I honestly, thought this was a joke thread.

I'll be on Broken Bow, about every other weekend. Bring your tube by, I'll give you a tow.

Bunch of good guys here. Just a little testy, cause it's near quittin' time.

medicmoose
03-04-2011, 05:53 PM
And I see your too pu$$y to list where YOU are from, haha, you guys are making my day. Keep 'em coming...I absolutely LOVE all the bada$$ guys who run their mouth online all day,,,same guys that would have not ONE dAmN word to say to someone's FACE... every one is safe to get cocky from the safety of their keyboards on here, niiiice. Bah hahaha

Hmmmm...where's that dictionary of mine? What's that word I need to look up again....oh right, irony is the word I was looking for!

JohnnyB
03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow...thanks for all the entertainment. I'm sorry I missed out on Houligan earlier in the thread. No reason to ban him, I think he's p!$$ed because he threw a bunch of money at a boat that won't be of any use to him and will disappear on his own as soon as its sold. Or he'll learn to use it for what it was designed for and become one of the tribe :rolleyes:

That being said, I do have to point out a few things:

I bought my MC because it can go 42mph with very little wake and I can hold onto 100ft line and skim along behind it on my bare feet :D

Mr. Houligan's story changed from wanting 65mph to "just an extra 10mph".

Mr. Houligan never told us his intended use, we just assumed????

Mr. Houligan could be Toober Tom!

You're right -- we're all getting stir crazy posting this many replies to a post in a day. Is it ski season yet?

Dooker
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Houligan ill show ya how ta make yer bote lowd. I like u. u yuse yer nudle like i do. dont take no guff off the guys here who arnt inteli, inteli,... smrt like we is.

shepherd
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Let's get tribal on that mutha...........................

pram
03-04-2011, 06:06 PM
You guys are all haters, the man has a legitimate couple of questions and I am the only one to give him real answers

wow what a group of haters you guys have turned into

brucemac
03-04-2011, 06:07 PM
lol...............

craig3972
03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Jeez this things got legs...
I am going to go home and shovel the snow off my walk sidewalk.... no wonder i am so pissy LOL!

snork
03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Hahahaha, what sensitive group we have here, bunch of pussies. Reflecting bad on us fellow MC owners, are we a tribe now?? Get a life, I guess I should take my lift kit and flowmasters off my truck because that reflects on ALL Chevy owners as well, get a grip. I was simply asking about making my boat a little louder and raising the top speed 10 mph...thanks for all the "up in arms" answers. I have a guy on the line as we speak to work a trade, for a '79 Taylor jet boat with a big block, that way I can go be obnoxiously loud and and reflect poorly on all my fellow jet boat owners. Geez, what an ******* I am, bah hahahahahaha

Blaaa...Blaa...Blaa...Blaaaa...Blaa...Bla...blabla bla :D

Slinkyredfoot
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
You guys are all haters, the man has a legitimate couple of questions and I am the only one to give him real answers

Hey Pram, I know a girl that I can hire to give you a big hug, seems you may need some love. :D

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM

:asshat:.......

pram
03-04-2011, 06:48 PM
:banned:

*#$&*(^%$#@&^$#@&*$^#()$*&#&*^!%@!#

M-Funf
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
PS if anyone wants to annoy with loud pipes check out an old CC setup. No pvc but copper pipes around 30" long in place of the muflers. The sound was really nice but my buddies did say it sounded like a Nascar coming down the river. I have learned since in some arenas/forums you have concede a few things for all to get along. No diiference in loud pipes and tower speakers imo....;)

That's what I've got on my old boat...Here's an old (bad) pic. 3" diameter coming off the manifold, goes up to 4" diameter after that. Cu pipe. No mufflers. Nice sound, but LOUD...

pram
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
:asshat:.......

.... . -.-- / -.-. --- -.-. -.- / ... ..- -.-. -.- . .-. --..-- / .-.. .. -.-. -.- / -- . / .-- .... . .-. . / .. / .--. . .

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
.... . -.-- / -.-. --- -.-. -.- / ... ..- -.-. -.- . .-. --..-- / .-.. .. -.-. -.- / -- . / .-- .... . .-. . / .. / .--. . .

.. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. --- - / -... . / .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .... . .-.. .--. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. - .... / - .... .- - / ..-. . - .. ... .... --..-- / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. ... / -.- .. -. -.- -.-- ..--.. ..--..

pram
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
-- --- ... - / -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. ... / .- .-. . / .- / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / -.- .. -. -.- -.-- / .. - .----. ... / -.-. --- .-.. -.. / .. -. / - .... . / .-- .. -. - . .-. / .- -. -.. / .-- . / .... .- ...- . / - --- / .... .- ...- . / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / - --- / -.. --- / -... . ... .. -.. . ... / ... . .-.. .-.. / -- --- --- ... . / -.-. --- -.-. -.- / .... . .- - . .-. ...

M-Funf
03-04-2011, 06:57 PM
.. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. --- - / -... . / .- -... .-.. . / - --- / .... . .-.. .--. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. - .... / - .... .- - / ..-. . - .. ... .... --..-- / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. ... / -.- .. -. -.- -.-- ..--.. ..--..

:lol: .

pram
03-04-2011, 06:58 PM

.-- .... .- - / .- -... --- ..- - / -.- .- - .... -.-- ..--.. / .. ... / ... .... . / -... ..- ... -.-- / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / -. .. --. .... - ..--..

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
-- --- ... - / -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. ... / .- .-. . / .- / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / -.- .. -. -.- -.-- / .. - .----. ... / -.-. --- .-.. -.. / .. -. / - .... . / .-- .. -. - . .-. / .- -. -.. / .-- . / .... .- ...- . / - --- / .... .- ...- . / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / - --- / -.. --- / -... . ... .. -.. . ... / ... . .-.. .-.. / -- --- --- ... . / -.-. --- -.-. -.- / .... . .- - . .-. ...

:D:D............

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2011, 07:04 PM
.-- .... .- - / .- -... --- ..- - / -.- .- - .... -.-- ..--.. / .. ... / ... .... . / -... ..- ... -.-- / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / -. .. --. .... - ..--..

-. --- / ... .... . / .. ... / ..-. .-. . . / -... ..- - / ... - .- -.-- / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / -- -.-- / -... . . .-. ? ? ?

pram
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
:tiphat:

pacifico?

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
W T ?! I gave some solid my bro!:DYou guys are all haters, the man has a legitimate couple of questions and I am the only one to give him real answers

Maristar210
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I take a week off and you guys let a "Donzi forum" reject in here?

Sir you make your exhaust loud by first having sex with your cousin. Two minutes later you get on JEGS.com and order some customizable 3 inch plain exhaust sections. When they arrive you go to walmart, get some cheetos, beer, marlboro's, some anal lube and head on over to automotive for some high heat paint. Stop on the way home to pick up some hog jowels for the wife to cook and then head on out to the pole barn. If its dark be careful as you might trip over the 11 inoperable cars located on the path to the barn. Once you are there you can use some cardboard cut outs to fabricate some new pipes. Make them stick out at least sixteen inches past the transom so you can bend them up at a 45 degree angle for superior loudness. Save the chuncks you cut out of the swim platform in case your have people over for company that might be referred to as Yankees.

Lasty sir. You are in the wrong forum. Please use the emergency exit and grab a free condom on your way out.

milkmania
03-04-2011, 07:31 PM

I will give you $2995.00 for it, sight unseen

read the transom
WORLD RECORD SKI BOAT

doesn't say go-fast boat :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Technically I believe it should be a gaggle of pussies. Carry on.Hahahaha, what sensitive group we have here, bunch of pussies. Reflecting bad on us fellow MC owners, are we a tribe now?? Get a life, I guess I should take my lift kit and flowmasters off my truck because that reflects on ALL Chevy owners as well, get a grip. I was simply asking about making my boat a little louder and raising the top speed 10 mph...thanks for all the "up in arms" answers. I have a guy on the line as we speak to work a trade, for a '79 Taylor jet boat with a big block, that way I can go be obnoxiously loud and and reflect poorly on all my fellow jet boat owners. Geez, what an ******* I am, bah hahahahahaha

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Technically I believe it should be a gaggle of pussies. Carry on.

I chuckled on that one. :D

milkmania
03-04-2011, 07:45 PM

....wait a minute.... don't lump me with this *******

milkmania
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM

I'll be more than glad to swap addresses with you

I'll be in Jenks on Sunday

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I will give you $2995.00 for it, sight unseen

read the transom
WORLD RECORD SKI BOAT

doesn't say go-fast boat :rolleyes:

Pram pays shipping?

milkmania
03-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Pram pays shipping?

no, I'm 2 hours away, and I'll be up that way on Sunday

milkmania
03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
129 posts and 2,331 replies in under 12 hours.... I'm calling bull$hit

coz
03-04-2011, 08:06 PM
easy there cuz!!!

Sorry ttu, heat of the moment comment :o I did spend time there in the early 80's at Fort Sill and realized there's nothing ok about OK to me...those 3 tornadoes I was in while I was there was enough for me :D

Slinkyredfoot
03-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Will this beautiful set make my 79 sound throatier?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I think this would work for loudness
with these

Jeff Lyman
03-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Sounds like were going for a record post in a short time? So I had to post.

After years with dry and open exhaust on offshores I to thought a louder exhaust on my Prostar was in the works from day one. Never did it, now 5 years later glad I did NOTHING infact the MC exhaust sound is about perfect cheers to them.

03geetee
03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Guys...I need some help. I bought a boat that floats and I want one that sinks. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Love JTR

Double D
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Guys...I need some help. I bought a boat that floats and I want one that sinks. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Love JTR

I know a guy you can call. He started this thread....:D:D

ski/hunt
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Hooligan=WANKER

Been waiting all week to find someone worthy of an old favorite term! And he did start it

LakeWorth
03-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Mercy! What an attitude! :eek:

coz
03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
After some thought......maybe he's on to something here :D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM

And you could get rid of tower and tow from the headers.

coz
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
And you could get rid of tower and tow from the headers.

You don't wanna get within 3 feet of those headers. My first boat was a Hallett jet with a 427 and those same Bassett headers and after countless burnt ski ropes and body burns I got the through hull indmar exhaust and it was the best thing to do to that boat IMO.

milkmania
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM

but, will it hit 60?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Nice job, coz. Why the heck didn't I think of that?

milkmania
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Hooligan=WANKER

Been waiting all week to find someone worthy of an old favorite term! And he did start it

ok, you've used the word once today.....
you'll have to wait 24 hours to use it again8p

coz
03-04-2011, 09:43 PM
but, will it hit 60?

It will....as soon as I install the mercruiser outdrive :D

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Nice job, coz. Why the heck didn't I think of that?

Hell, lets get started on some refits!! We need a name for this new company.

Ideas?

bbymgr
03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Hell, lets get started on some refits!! We need a name for this new company.

Ideas?

WankerCraft:D

Hoosier Bob
03-04-2011, 09:50 PM
If it is WankerCraft it should be powered by Rolls or Austin. Did the wanks make anything worth a crap?:D Sorry Pete!WankerCraft:D

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 09:51 PM
WankerCraft:D

TM and I've started on the prototype!!

http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/work.jpg

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
You don't wanna get within 3 feet of those headers. My first boat was a Hallett jet with a 427 and those same Bassett headers and after countless burnt ski ropes and body burns I got the through hull indmar exhaust and it was the best thing to do to that boat IMO.

Its a joke much like hooligan wanting to go 65 in a MC.;)

Jim@BAWS
03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
FORGET MY ADVISE...

My only advise is to go seek help immediatly....please

Jim@BAWS

This went south quickly...and I don't mean TEXAS or Arizona

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
03-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Is that a BIG BLOCK or a REALLY BIG BLOCK????

coz
03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Its a joke much like hooligan wanting to go 65 in a MC.;)

I know :D but come to think of it, my MC has gone 65 to 75 mph.......on the trailer going to the lake or river :D

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Is that a BIG BLOCK or a REALLY BIG BLOCK????

ERBB

Extremely Really Big Block <---- trademark!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I know :D but come to think of it, my MC has gone 65 to 75 mph.......on the trailer going to the lake or river :D

Toshay :D

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Some possibilities:

thatsmrmastercraft
03-04-2011, 10:07 PM
more.............

milkmania
03-04-2011, 10:09 PM
ERBB

Extremely Really Big Block <---- trademark!

REBBLE

Really Extremely Big Block Looking Engine

damn, it's been a long winter :(

milkmania
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
more.............

thought I'd seen everything the internet had to offer:confused:

but, I was wrong:rolleyes:

JLeuck64
03-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Laugh out loud!

TX.X30-FAN... dude I am crying because I am laughing so hard!
Eastie you came in a close second in that department too!
Duck Guy I think you missed out on an opportunity here... could've sold that BF200!
Thanks guys for the chuckles (you too Hooligan).;)

CantRepeat
03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
REBBLE

Really Extremely Big Block Looking Engine

damn, it's been a long winter :(

DIBS! :D :D

coz
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
more.............

That thing would make a great live aboard in a slip in Marina Del Ray :D

duckguy
03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I couldn't sell it to such a tool

east tx skier
03-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I couldn't sell it to such a tool

You may have just offended the toolman with that one.

Kevin&Annie
03-05-2011, 12:07 PM
more.............

ok, this one is just awsome. But maybe we should have educated him on his boat and guided him to what he is really looking for. He went with mastercraft because he knows its a great brand. Thats all.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
ok, this one is just awsome. But maybe we should have educated him on his boat and guided him to what he is really looking for. He went with mastercraft because he knows its a great brand. Thats all.

..........he got what he thought was a deal on a go fast boat and was disappointed in the lack of noise and top end. He got flamed because he was trying to make a perfectly fine MC into an obnoxious noisemaker. When the attempt was made to educate him, it was rebuffed.

Covi
03-05-2011, 12:46 PM

Thats hilarious!!

Kevin&Annie
03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
..........he got what he thought was a deal on a go fast boat and was disappointed in the lack of noise and top end. He got flamed because he was trying to make a perfectly fine MC into an obnoxious noisemaker. When the attempt was made to educate him, it was rebuffed.

True. His responses didnt help. let the dogpile continue. :D

ski/hunt
03-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I wonder if he made the trade??

TX.X-30 fan
03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure he needs more roughage in his diet.............

thatsmrmastercraft
03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I wonder if he made the trade??

For all our sake, I hope so.

03geetee
03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I saw some footage of Hooliganz with his new boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wCtryPVu8&NR=1

Epic!

JTR

Skipper
03-05-2011, 01:21 PM
What the heck? How did I miss out on this thread? Fortunately everyone else was on hand to provide ample sarcastic taunting and humiliation in my absence. Nuts!

ahhudgins
03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I hate when it rains. I just read all 18 pages of this thread! That's about 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back, but it was rather entertaining.

milkmania
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I hate when it rains. I just read all 18 pages of this thread! That's about 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back, but it was rather entertaining.

well, quit lurking and log in...... it's only 5 pages then :rolleyes:

ahhudgins
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
well, quit lurking and log in...... it's only 5 pages then :rolleyes:

Am I on the wrong end of a joke, or just a computer setting? Always logged and it's still 18 pages. There goes another 2 minutes.:D

east tx skier
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Go into user CP and adjust your view settings.

barefoot
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM

Best thing I've learned in a while!

ntidsl
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
From Hooligans profile...do you think this really needed to be said...

<Hooligan80 has not made any friends yet>

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
While I cant say the OP didnt deserve a good tongue lashing for his responses, there certainly seems to be a lot of bad information in this thread. And even more bad attitudes. At least Pram and Bob had a few useful inputs. A few corrections:

-No magic prop will take a 45mph boat and make it a 50mph boat unless the original prop was completely mismatched to the hull and powertrain. There is no magic pill that can make a ski boat faster.

-It is not impossible to make an inboard ski boat run 50+, or even 60+. Its all a question of how much you know, and how much money you want to spend. That big block Sanger is a good example: 55mph @ 5300 RPM. Our Barefoot Nautique ran 55-58mph on the GPS last time it was in the water... with any luck it will be running 60+ this summer.

-Im not sure why theres such an attitude against opening up the exhaust a little. I can appreciate a quiet ski boat for morning sets- but a throaty exhaust note sounds good to these ears too. Ive got a modern ski boat thats louder than normal, thats for sure. Ive also got some classic Correct Crafts with the aforementioned copper in the exhaust. No one will convince me that they dont sound good!

Making an inboard ski boat "fast" is certainly an exercise in futility, especially compared to other light weight I/O and outboard options... but it can be fun nonetheless.

A few fun pictures:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/duals1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/454_assy4.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/JoeinNY_boil.jpg

GT500 MC
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Well-said, well-said TRBenj...that last pic must be a mirage--the cooler lid isn't blowing off.

DemolitionMan
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
While I cant say the OP didnt deserve a good tongue lashing for his responses, there certainly seems to be a lot of bad information in this thread. And even more bad attitudes. At least Pram and Bob had a few useful inputs. A few corrections:

-No magic prop will take a 45mph boat and make it a 50mph boat unless the original prop was completely mismatched to the hull and powertrain. There is no magic pill that can make a ski boat faster.

-It is not impossible to make an inboard ski boat run 50+, or even 60+. Its all a question of how much you know, and how much money you want to spend. That big block Sanger is a good example: 55mph @ 5300 RPM. Our Barefoot Nautique ran 55-58mph on the GPS last time it was in the water... with any luck it will be running 60+ this summer.

-Im not sure why theres such an attitude against opening up the exhaust a little. I can appreciate a quiet ski boat for morning sets- but a throaty exhaust note sounds good to these ears too. Ive got a modern ski boat thats louder than normal, thats for sure. Ive also got some classic Correct Crafts with the aforementioned copper in the exhaust. No one will convince me that they dont sound good!

Making an inboard ski boat "fast" is certainly an exercise in futility, especially compared to other light weight I/O and outboard options... but it can be fun nonetheless.

A few fun pictures:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/duals1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/454_assy4.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/JoeinNY_boil.jpg

That is a nice motor.

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 01:19 PM
The top motor is a small block Ford (351w), the one below it is our freshened big block Chevy (454). The last picture is my buddy's '83 Ski Nautique that is good for 59 and change. I have some cool pictures of it pegging the speedos somewhere. The cooler lid didnt blow off... but about a second before that picture was taken, the cooler was at the observer's feet!

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM

I'm not sure anyone said it was impossible, but rather just insanely stupid. I guess its true what they say about money and the not so bright.

I think you missed some of the sarcasm from Pram and HB........:D

j4rowell
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Loud boats upset my neighbors

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
You can add pitch and hp but without changing the angle of the prop shaft you will only drive the bow into the water. Sarcasm? When am I ever sarcastic?;)-It is not impossible to make an inboard ski boat run 50+, or even 60+. Its all a question of how much you know, and how much money you want to spend. That big block Sanger is a good example: 55mph @ 5300 RPM. Our Barefoot Nautique ran 55-58mph on the GPS last time it was in the water... with any luck it will be running 60+ this summer.

I'm not sure anyone said it was impossible, but rather just insanely stupid. I guess its true what they say about money and the not so bright.

east tx skier
03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
This thread took the direction it did because of Hooligan's response. Reading through the initial responses, they were all polite enough, even though a few were of the "why would you want to do that" or "please don't do that variety." He got snippy, then he got nasty, and, ultimately, he was painted with a target for many to ridicule.

In the end, if an owner wants to make his boat do something like go fast, it's not stupid. It's his boat. I don't like towers on boats, but I'm not about to tell someone it's stupid if he wants to do it to his boat.

j4rowell
03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Aflac salesman huh?? What a pu$$y job, you are just another white collar office dweeb sitting in his gay JC Penney suit and typing your bs propaganda from the saftey of your laptop...go eat your yogurt and granola bar lunch and gossip with your female co-workers at the water cooler

No offense, but that kinda made me laugh a little. A little lol in the air.

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Where are you going to mount your cans Doug?;)This thread took the direction it did because of Hooligan's response. Reading through the initial responses, they were all polite enough, even though a few were of the "why would you want to do that" or "please don't do that variety." He got snippy, then he got nasty, and, ultimately, he was painted with a target for many to ridicule.

In the end, if an owner wants to make his boat do something like go fast, it's not stupid. It's his boat. I don't like towers on boats, but I'm not about to tell someone it's stupid if he wants to do it to his boat.

willowtreexx
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
The top motor is a small block Ford (351w), the one below it is our freshened big block Chevy (454). The last picture is my buddy's '83 Ski Nautique that is good for 59 and change. I have some cool pictures of it pegging the speedos somewhere. The cooler lid didnt blow off... but about a second before that picture was taken, the cooler was at the observer's feet!

what are these boats running with the 454 and howd you get the '83 to run 59? :D cause thats awesome

east tx skier
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Where are you going to mount your cans Doug?;)

Fence post. :)

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I had a 74 CC that was good for 52-54. Different prop as we used more for footing.what are these boats running with the 454 and howd you get the '83 to run 59? :D cause thats awesome

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Where are you going to mount your cans Doug?;)

My guess is Doug's "cans" are mounted right where he wants them..........:D

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Atleast I have some new material to work on! I am tired of the belt buckle.;)My guess is Doug's "cans" are mounted right where he wants them..........:D

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Doug, its easy to see why this thread took a turn for the worse. What a disaster, in every respect.

These quotes seem to be hinting at an impossible task:

You will never see 65mph out of a direct drive inboard boat, the shaft angle and the inability to change the hull running angle means that regardless of horsepower and prop you just cannot attain those speeds.
A ProStar will not go faster than 50 mph, ain't gonna happen.

Pram's post is actually helpful... I have shaved a few inboard hulls to pick up speed.

As for the speed, you need to take a file to the back of the boat on the trailing edge to remove the lip. Seriously. That lip forces the front of the boat down and the back of the boat up as speed increases thus increasing the "WET" surface of the boat. Probably only 1/8 - 3/16 is required to be removed. This will allow the boat to stay nose up and more easily walk across the water.

Bob's post was less helpful, but at least factual and on topic... sorta. CC did use copper in their exhaust systems in the 60's and early 70's and those boats sound pretty good to me. Maybe its partially because I grew up skiing with these boats ripping around the lake?

Call it "insanely stupid" if you want... doesnt bother me much.:D Before passing judgement, you may want to come ski with us- we'll take you for a quick rip across the lake afterwards. Theres nothing quite like the experience of running a 16' classic inboard at 55+.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/Marshall_fl09_3.jpg

As you can see above, not all increases in speed will result in "driving those nose down". MC hulls do run flatter though, so without the proper driveline and/or hull tweaks, that can certainly be a possible result.

As far as money goes, Ive seen a lot more hobbies that are a lot less worthwhile that cost a whole bunch more... seems like youre passing judgement without a lot of background! The relatively inexpensive nature of this hobby is part of what makes it so much fun.

I didnt chime in to start (or continue) a debate- just sharing a small bit of useless knowledge... but knowledge nonetheless.

To the original poster: Seems like you need to grow some thicker skin and grow up a bit. If you think you can manage that, then shoot me a PM and Ill clue you in on another group that might actually encourage you to pull your mufflers and make your boat a little faster.

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I had a 1974 and later CC. The 74 to me sounded awesome but did draw a few complaints from owners on the river where I ski'd at the time. The copper was the best sounding exhaust in a fiberglas boat I have heard. I doubt it would add enough power to make any difference in top speed though. You do understand you just complimented a Canadian right?:DDoug, its easy to see why this thread took a turn for the worse. What a disaster, in every respect.

These quotes seem to be hinting at an impossible task:

Pram's post is actually helpful... I have shaved a few inboard hulls to pick up speed.

Bob's post was less helpful, but at least factual and on topic... sorta. CC did use copper in their exhaust systems in the 60's and early 70's and those boats sound pretty good to me. Maybe its partially because I grew up skiing with these boats ripping around the lake?

Call it "insanely stupid" if you want... doesnt bother me much.:D Before passing judgement, you may want to come ski with us- we'll take you for a quick rip across the lake afterwards. Theres nothing quite like the experience of running a 16' classic inboard at 55+.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/TRBenj/Marshall_fl09_3.jpg

As you can see above, not all increases in speed will result in "driving those nose down". MC hulls do run flatter though, so without the proper driveline and/or hull tweaks, that can certainly be a possible result.

As far as money goes, Ive seen a lot more hobbies that are a lot less worthwhile that cost a whole bunch more... seems like youre passing judgement without a lot of background! The relatively inexpensive nature of this hobby is part of what makes it so much fun.

I didnt chime in to start (or continue) a debate- just sharing a small bit of useless knowledge... but knowledge nonetheless.

To the original poster: Seems like you need to grow some thicker skin and grow up a bit. If you think you can manage that, then shoot me a PM and Ill clue you in on another group that might actually encourage you to pull your mufflers and make your boat a little faster.

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey nice boat it looks like a ball, all I meant was why force the issue with a hull not designed for speed like that. Hey though if that's what floats your boat more power to you. Very nice boat and motor.

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I had a 74 CC that was good for 52-54. Different prop as we used more for footing.
I believe that you believe that... but unless you're counting a pretty healthy 2-4mph current, its probably not quite true. Some early 70's CC's (Ski Nautique with a 351w or a Mustang/Skier with a 302) could touch 50... but most werent quite that strong. To push beyond that mark takes some extra hp.

Willowtree, my buddy has a 351w stroked to 408 thats good for ~500hp. Ive driven it up to ~57, what a crazy ride. Our BFN will have a big block (454) good for a little over 450hp, so with a faster hull, it should push the 60mph mark as well. It was good for 56mph consistently before the latest round of weight loss and upgrades. The smaller 16' boats (like the Mustang pictured above, which is good for 57-58mph) are an absolute riot to drive at high speeds- theyre like oversized jet skis. Shoot me a PM if you want to hear more about the specifics.

DemolitionMan
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Horse Power = MPH

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Bob, I take back any and all comments that may have been complimentary to any neighbor to the north... BLAME CANADA!8p

The copper itself doesnt add any real hp- mostly just noise. Going from 2.5" (common on CC's prior to '71) to 3" exhaust will give a nice boost in speed (and sound) though.

TX, because if its not an inboard ski boat, who cares? 55+ in one of these boats seems way faster than 70+ in a boat meant to go that fast. The whole experience- the exhaust note, bouncing, wet ride- is pretty unique. Its not easy to explain, but once youve experienced it, it makes perfect sense.

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I did not have GPS then for sure. I did have two props. Stock was good for 47-48 but the second prop added a ton. Very soft slalom pull however. My guess is you cannot believe the 52-54 because you did not know I had a Jenson amp and two JBL home speakers I used as a back seat! This surely added 2-3 mph. My 74 was a tournament boat from KY and had no rear seat. People had to sit on the speakers. The wood cabinets did not hold up very well btw. The guy at the marina told me the JBL's alone should give me 5 mph.:DI believe that you believe that... but unless you're counting a pretty healthy 2-4mph current, its probably not quite true. Some early 70's CC's (Ski Nautique with a 351w or a Mustang/Skier with a 302) could touch 50... but most werent quite that strong. To push beyond that mark takes some extra hp.

Willowtree, my buddy has a 351w stroked to 408 thats good for ~500hp. Ive driven it up to ~57, what a crazy ride. Our BFN will have a big block (454) good for a little over 450hp, so with a faster hull, it should push the 60mph mark as well. It was good for 56mph consistently before the latest round of weight loss and upgrades. The smaller 16' boats (like the Mustang pictured above, which is good for 57-58mph) are an absolute riot to drive at high speeds- theyre like oversized jet skis. Shoot me a PM if you want to hear more about the specifics.

Hoosier Bob
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Does anyone on here know how to get my speedo's to run backwards? :confused:

TRBenj
03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Itake it your '74 was a Ski Nautique? 351w?

The best examples of this hull that I have experienced were both good for 49.0 on the GPS... that was in cool air and water, with 3 people in the back seat... so the conditions were optimal! Some hulls are slower (they run more level) and are only good for 45-46. Ive found that the old Airguides are amazingly accurate (sort of surprising), but of course they need to be calibrated first.

Did you have any chrome or go-fast stickers on the boat? Those are always good for a few extra hp. :D

Of note: A friend of mine has a '81 (the same hull was used 70-81) with a stout 351w (~380hp) that is good for 55-56 on any given day. I havent driven it myself (only skied behind it) but its on my to-do list this summer. I hear its a real rocketship.

Slinkyredfoot
03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Cool old boat. I have a neighbor at the lake that owns a boat very similar to this, 1964 CorrectCraft with a V-6 Buick motor. It will hit about 38mph, but the cool think about it is when he starts it, it really does not need to be any louder, it will flat shutter the windows in the house.

Slinkyredfoot
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Does anyone on here know how to get my speedo's to run backwards? :confused:

Remount the pick ups on the front of the boat and face them forward. :D

pram
03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I had a 74 CC that was good for 52-54. Different prop as we used more for footing.

wow was it in a minibike?

cause that would be a lot of cc's for a minibike and I could see it with the right sprockets hitting that kind of speed. did you have any porting done to the motor? enhanced braking for slowing it down?

that is too cool, if you have a pic I would like to see it

mini-bikes rock

pram
03-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I had a 1974 and later CC. The 74 to me sounded awesome but did draw a few complaints from owners on the river where I ski'd at the time. The copper was the best sounding exhaust in a fiberglas boat I have heard. I doubt it would add enough power to make any difference in top speed though. You do understand you just complimented a Canadian right?:D

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / .- -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / ... .... . . .--

broncotw
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Looks as if "Mr. Boomer Sooner Annoying Obnoxious Loud Boat speed seeking Hooligan" has checked out and left our tribe!

Good Bye and Good Riddance!!!

ahhudgins
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Looks as if "Mr. Boomer Sooner Annoying Obnoxious Loud Boat speed seeking Hooligan" has checked out and left our tribe!

Good Bye and Good Riddance!!!

You guys ran him off before we revealed the only proven method to add 10 MPH to any inboard ski boat: Dimpling the hull!

My neighbor has a mid 70s CC with a 302 and it's one of the loudest inboards on the lake. Not sure what type of exhaust he has in it, but it maxed out at 40 MPH (WOT) pulling me barefoot with just one passenger in the boat.

east tx skier
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM

With the way he reacted here, he wouldn't last 5 min. on CCFan, but it should be interesting. :)

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers fan site...........??

Slinkyredfoot
03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers fan site...........??

No the Crying Chokers

MIskier
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM

I dont think anyone said it was not possible either, but the consequences of overpowering a boat are high. You can end up with a boat that has all sorts of dynamic stability issues. This can be seen in everything from small pleasure boats to USCG vessels that were either not properly designed or built

TRBenj
03-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I dont think anyone said it was not possible either, but the consequences of overpowering a boat are high. You can end up with a boat that has all sorts of dynamic stability issues. This can be seen in everything from small pleasure boats to USCG vessels that were either not properly designed or built
"Overpowering" is the key word here... I think these boats can handle quite a bit more power than the stock small blocks put out. Many of these hulls offered big block options, which were almost 100hp more powerful. I have seen some stability issues in some of the smaller boats, but all have been above the 55mph mark- and all were putting out in excess of 150hp greater than stock... so I would say there is some room to grow in most cases. Several people claimed that certain speeds were "impossible" and many others said that trying to do so was "stupid". Just providing a counterpoint.

My neighbor has a mid 70s CC with a 302 and it's one of the loudest inboards on the lake. Not sure what type of exhaust he has in it, but it maxed out at 40 MPH (WOT) pulling me barefoot with just one passenger in the boat.
Sounds about right- my '71 (16' with a 220hp 302) will pull me an indicated 41mph on the speedo. Its good for 45-46 unloaded.

JimN
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
"Overpowering" is the key word here... I think these boats can handle quite a bit more power than the stock small blocks put out. Many of these hulls offered big block options, which were almost 100hp more powerful. I have seen some stability issues in some of the smaller boats, but all have been above the 55mph mark- and all were putting out in excess of 150hp greater than stock... so I would say there is some room to grow in most cases. Several people claimed that certain speeds were "impossible" and many others said that trying to do so was "stupid". Just providing a counterpoint.

Sounds about right- my '71 (16' with a 220hp 302) will pull me an indicated 41mph on the speedo. Its good for 45-46 unloaded.

OK, they had a big block option but that was for low-end torque or pulling more skiers, right? Also, some of the extra power was offset by the added weight.

Bottom line, if speed is a goal, why buy a tournament ski boat that was designed to go 41-47MPH, preferably on calm water? I'm not sure I would want to be in a flat-bottomed boat, in chop, at high speed.

TRBenj
03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
OK, they had a big block option but that was for low-end torque or pulling more skiers, right? Also, some of the extra power was offset by the added weight.
Yes and no. As you know, big blocks were commonly added to barefoot specific models (Barefoot Nautique, Prostar, Tristar) to increase top speed. If holeshot were the only concern, then big block boats would have come with the same size prop as the small blocks... but thats not the case. Every big block boat Ive seen or heard of has come from the factory with a bigger prop designed to let the engine turn at its max RPM. Since the big block can pull a bigger prop the same RPM (relative to a small block), it will top out faster.

Ive yet to modify a ski boat in hopes of increasing top speed that resulted in a decreased holeshot or midrange power... usually all 3 are increased. Win/win/win.

Bottom line, if speed is a goal, why buy a tournament ski boat that was designed to go 41-47MPH, preferably on calm water? I'm not sure I would want to be in a flat-bottomed boat, in chop, at high speed.
Like I said, to each his own. Flat bottom v-drives, jet boats, outboards and i/o's dont interest me in the least. I like purpose built boats that are meant to ski... after all, skiing is the primary goal- and I do a lot of that. I just like to make them a little faster than most. I suspect that if you were ever to take a ride in one of these boats, you might think a little differently!

Table Rocker
03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Bottom line, if speed is a goal, why buy a tournament ski boat that was designed to go 41-47MPH, preferably on calm water? I'm not sure I would want to be in a flat-bottomed boat, in chop, at high speed.It's a bit like a person wanting to get more top speed in a Jeep CJ-5, isn't it? It's just not a very good platform to start with if top speed is your goal.

No matter how many dollars you spend trying to make your loud ProStar go faster, I would think it would be pretty humbling to be blown out of the water by a stock (and quiet) bass boat.

JimN
03-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Like I said, to each his own. Flat bottom v-drives, jet boats, outboards and i/o's dont interest me in the least. I like purpose built boats that are meant to ski... after all, skiing is the primary goal- and I do a lot of that. I just like to make them a little faster than most. I suspect that if you were ever to take a ride in one of these boats, you might think a little differently!

By "these boats", do you mean ski boats in general and MC specifically? I was a boat mechanic for 5 years and MC trained, so I have spent a lot of time in "these boats". I also worked on a lot of other types of boats and that's why I made the comments about making a flat-bottomed boat go faster. A deeper V is more controllable in some cases (unless it's prone to chine-walking) and definitely a smoother ride at higher speeds.

Yes, a big block gives more top end because it's delivering more power and torque but it's still losing some of it because of the added weight and that's not avoidable. Also, a big block with the same prop as a small block will cause more cavitation, which makes it worse, not better.

JimN
03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
It's a bit like a person wanting to get more top speed in a Jeep CJ-5, isn't it? It's just not a very good platform to start with if top speed is your goal.

That's like drag racing- "If it goes straight, it's fun and if it doesn't go straight, it's exciting".

TRBenj
03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
It's a bit like a person wanting to get more top speed in a Jeep CJ-5, isn't it? It's just not a very good platform to start with if top speed is your goal.

No matter how many dollars you spend trying to make your loud ProStar go faster, I would think it would be pretty humbling to be blown out of the water by a stock (and quiet) bass boat.
Personally, I would probably be about as humbled as the bass boat owner would be if he were to try and pull a skier through the course. Like I said, if its not an inboard ski boat, it doesnt matter much... I just want to be a little faster than I was. And maybe a little faster than you.;)

That being said, my buddy's '83 will take a 1200cc Yamaha jetski out of the hole and hold him off on the top end. Its not one of the supercharged ones, but it runs an indicated 62-63... which is apparently closer to a true 57-59mph. Thats impressive, at least to me!

east tx skier
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Also, probably worth mentioning that even if it can go faster than stock, you can still ski behind it.

One of my favorite MasterCrafts, Bret's 94, has a few Han Soloesque special modifications to get LT-1 top end performance out of his TBI.

When I was looking for my next boat a few years ago, had I not bought my current ride, and Bret's boat had been for sale, I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

TRBenj
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
By "these boats", do you mean ski boats in general and MC specifically? I was a boat mechanic for 5 years and MC trained, so I have spent a lot of time in "these boats". I also worked on a lot of other types of boats and that's why I made the comments about making a flat-bottomed boat go faster. A deeper V is more controllable in some cases (unless it's prone to chine-walking) and definitely a smoother ride at higher speeds.

Yes, a big block gives more top end because it's delivering more power and torque but it's still losing some of it because of the added weight and that's not avoidable. Also, a big block with the same prop as a small block will cause more cavitation, which makes it worse, not better.
Im talking ski boats in general. I dont have any specific knowledge of the MC big blocks, but Ive spent some time in my share of Prostars and a few Tristars. I know CC's much better though. I understand your background and do appreciate your point of view.

Im betting youre right about the deep vee vs. flat bottoms. Some of my buddies are starting to see "interesting" behavior a the limit (over 55mph) on their flat bottomed boats. Driving our BFN (v-hull) up to 55+ is akin to sitting on a comfortable couch in comparison!

Yes, the big block comes at a weight penalty (~300 lbs), but in my experience, 1-2 extra people in my boat have little to no effect on top end performance- the running surface of the hull plays a much larger role in determining top speed. If you put those bodies in the back and get the nose of the boat up a little (reducing your wetted surface), the boat will usually speed up, despite the added weight. I still wouldnt want a big block in my slalom tug, due to the effect on the wake though. I dont mind it in my barefoot rig.

Ive driven a few block boats with props made for small blocks... they come out of the hole with some serious authority! There was no cavitation to speak of. After all, we're not talking hug differences in size here (13x14 vs. 13x13 or 13x12) They do over rev a bit at WOT though.

Table Rocker
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I just want to be a little faster than I was. And maybe a little faster than you.;)In my 205 or my CJ-5? j/k
I fully understand where you are coming from and can only say "More power to you!" My perspective is I just want to get across the channel to that little cove so I can ski and I won't be using all the available power from my stock LT-1.

Anything someone wants to do with their own vehicle/money is fine by me. I think the vehicle below is a little silly, but "more power to him."

http://image.jpmagazine.com/f/25499120/154_0910_01_z+1992_jeep_wrangler_yj_race_truck+bur n_out.jpg

captain planet
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
That's like drag racing- "If it goes straight, it's fun and if it doesn't go straight, it's exciting".

Now that was funny.

I can't believe this thread is still breathing. :confused:

M-Funf
03-10-2011, 01:08 PM

I heard once that you don't "drive" a dragster, you "aim" it.

Bouyhead
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Right about now would be a good time for Hooligan to pay us a visit.

CantRepeat
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure I would want to be in a flat-bottomed boat, in chop, at high speed.

Come on Jim, kidneys are cheap to repair these days. 8p

Age Fighter
03-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Right about now would be a good time for Hooligan to pay us a visit.

Hooligan? Who's Hooligan.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

1redTA
03-10-2011, 02:02 PM
sometimes it is nice to have a little quicker boat than the other guys on the lake. I have a line on a lt1 to put in my 81 and it wont be stock just some porting and polishing :-)

TX.X-30 fan
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Also, probably worth mentioning that even if it can go faster than stock, you can still ski behind it.

One of my favorite MasterCrafts, Bret's 94, has a few Han Soloesque special modifications to get LT-1 top end performance out of his TBI.

When I was looking for my next boat a few years ago, had I not bought my current ride, and Bret's boat had been for sale, I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

Star Wars reference........... now this thread is rockin....

TX.X-30 fan
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
That is a slow Yamaha too.

psychobilly
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
hehehe, wow this thread is outta control! lol I reckon he got banned huh....

I ain't gunna touch it. lmao I'm heading to Switzerland.....

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
He was a one day wonder. Last here 3:22 3/4/11

milkmania
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Best thing I've learned in a while!

I guess I set mine 5 years ago or so.... forgot all about it:rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Star Wars reference........... now this thread is rockin....

My backpack's got jets ....

03geetee
03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I love wacking Bass boats in my two cylinder ride from hell....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Fall2010044.jpg

Thing will do GPS verified 67.7 mph with 1/4 tank of fuel and the trim, water ect just right and thats hauling my 220lb ***, I couldnt imagine if my 65lb nephew took it out. Some of the newer skis also get really mad when the 2 stroke wacks them out of the hole and then they cant seem to catch it before they run out of lake lol! Thats when I usually run out of fuel though!

She is an oldie (2000) but I think it is one of Sea Doo's best made PWCs and usually at about 6-7pm on the lake it proves it. Most of the die hard guys who arent interested in wave jumping or donuts come out to drag and she holds her own. Not bad for 142hrs on the original cylinders I say.

JTR

TX.X-30 fan
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I love wacking Bass boats in my two cylinder ride from hell....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Fall2010044.jpg

Thing will do GPS verified 67.7 mph with 1/4 tank of fuel and the trim, water ect just right and thats hauling my 220lb ***, I couldnt imagine if my 65lb nephew took it out. Some of the newer skis also get really mad when the 2 stroke wacks them out of the hole and then they cant seem to catch it before they run out of lake lol! Thats when I usually run out of fuel though!

JTR

Doesn't Kawasaki make some crazy 80+ stuff with minor mods?? I had a turbo Honda that was quick to 64 but that was it, my guess is someone by now has cracked the map.

03geetee
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Doesn't Kawasaki make some crazy 80+ stuff with minor mods?? I had a turbo Honda that was quick to 64 but that was it, my guess is someone by now has cracked the map.

http://www.sea-doo.net/units/2009/2009%20Sea-Doo%20RXP-X%20Watercraft/images/2009%20Sea-Doo%20RXP-X%20Static.jpg

This will give my ski and pretty much anything with a few mods nightmares...

Add some proven parts and this thing is a ballistic missle....yeah its fast if you want to get serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPusQ6UxpEQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MkiieY2M0&feature=related

JTR

MIskier
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Im talking ski boats in general. I dont have any specific knowledge of the MC big blocks, but Ive spent some time in my share of Prostars and a few Tristars. I know CC's much better though. I understand your background and do appreciate your point of view.

Im betting youre right about the deep vee vs. flat bottoms. Some of my buddies are starting to see "interesting" behavior a the limit (over 55mph) on their flat bottomed boats. Driving our BFN (v-hull) up to 55+ is akin to sitting on a comfortable couch in comparison!

Yes, the big block comes at a weight penalty (~300 lbs), but in my experience, 1-2 extra people in my boat have little to no effect on top end performance- the running surface of the hull plays a much larger role in determining top speed. If you put those bodies in the back and get the nose of the boat up a little (reducing your wetted surface), the boat will usually speed up, despite the added weight. I still wouldnt want a big block in my slalom tug, due to the effect on the wake though. I dont mind it in my barefoot rig.

Ive driven a few block boats with props made for small blocks... they come out of the hole with some serious authority! There was no cavitation to speak of. After all, we're not talking hug differences in size here (13x14 vs. 13x13 or 13x12) They do over rev a bit at WOT though.

That not huge 2in difference is actually a huge difference in the way the the prop slips under load. As I said these boats are very susceptible to small changes that can result in bad behavior, in your case only 5-7 mph above stock to speed.

As a Naval Architecture student my professor in small craft design were very careful to point out the very sensitive nature of planing hulls and the ability to greatly affect their behavior with only small changes.

For instance a 2in interceptor (vertical projection at the transom) caused a trim change of 3 degrees on a several hundred foot high speed cat ferry.

CantRepeat
03-10-2011, 08:50 PM
For instance a 2in interceptor (vertical projection at the transom) caused a trim change of 3 degrees on a several hundred foot high speed cat ferry.

Your posting in the wrong forums. We don't have cat ferrys here.:(

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Heck, most of us don't even like cats.

GT500 MC
03-10-2011, 09:50 PM

Or ferrys.

ahhudgins
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Personally, I would probably be about as humbled as the bass boat owner would be if he were to try and pull a skier through the course. Like I said, if its not an inboard ski boat, it doesnt matter much...

That's the whole point the OP didn't understand. My drunk @ss neigbor pulled up beside me in his Bayliner and wanted to race me a few miles to the damn and back. I'm sure his Bayliner will do 50+ WOT. I told him "I'll give you the race to the damn and back. Why don't we put 3 slalom skiers behind out boats and then see which boat can even make it to the damn?" His response: "Whadda want to do all that fur?" My response: "Because I have a SKI boat"

ahhudgins
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Or ferrys.
Is that the same as "Metrosexuals?"

GT500 MC
03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Is that the same as "Metrosexuals?"

Kind of...sure...

ColdTurkey
03-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Hooligan80 has been spotted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5MFbC0ifA&feature=related

MIskier
03-10-2011, 10:52 PM

My point was that it takes very little to change a planing hull a great deal.

CantRepeat
03-11-2011, 06:46 AM

Cats tend to pee in boats and as one TT user reported, ain't to good!!:mad: