PDA

View Full Version : X-35 owners out there with any reviews???

EWood1326
03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey new to the site and just sold my supra and switching over to MC and am looking at the x35 and the x45 I know the rep of the 45 but not much on the 35. The lakes I frequent where I am at we can get some good chop and like the idea of the deeper v and I also love the back step up on the 35. So if any 35 owners are out there please give me some opinoins and some pics please share

KnoxX2
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Bump......

TallRedRider
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
There does not seem to be a lot of 35 owners around.

I have test driven one, if that helps.

I like it a ton. The wake was awesome. The fridge was more than I could get over, however.

Where are you located...a guy came to look at my boat was selling a 2008 Supra to get a 45...hopefully mine.

At Lake Powell, or Mead I have never felt undersized in my 45, and the way the 35 rides very high almost seemed like overkill.

Cmpdman
03-02-2011, 06:54 PM
There does not seem to be a lot of 35 owners around.

I have test driven one, if that helps.

I like it a ton. The wake was awesome. The fridge was more than I could get over, however.

Where are you located...a guy came to look at my boat was selling a 2008 Supra to get a 45...hopefully mine.

At Lake Powell, or Mead I have never felt undersized in my 45, and the way the 35 rides very high almost seemed like overkill.

I too have never felt undersized at Lake Powell.... Well once. Skier down, 6 or 7 kids in bow, ~80 gal. gas, fully loaded - tour boat goes past... Did ok. With some quick maneuvering, only about 2" of water came over the bow. If I can just get the tour boats to agree to "nomorepowerturns" hahahahahahah

csnyder2
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I have an x35. We have had a 4 winns 200, Sea Ray 220, Mastercraft 205V and Mastercraft X2. We moved to the x35 because we moved our boating to Lake Cumberland from OH. We spent a year on the X2 at the lake and busy weekends left us feeling a bit tattered if we decided to go anywhere on the lake. The x35 is a extremely stable and solid hull. Dealing with confused waters and cruiser waves on this size lake is quite manageable with this boat. I have the 6.0 engine and it a good fit for all uses. I also added the wake plate after my experience with it on our x2. When loaded the x2 really is affected positively by the wake plate. To my surprise the x35 is not. The wake plate is really only usefull to make the ski wake manageable and for very slow speed operation, like when training a kid to wakeboard and you want the boat to plane a low speeds. Using the wake plate to try and get more speed (for a given RPM) when traveling somewhere is not positive like my x2 experience.

The x35 is confortable for 2 familes for the day. We found with the x2 we were constantly asking people to move to get to gear. We do have the build in where the fridge would go but no fridge. We use the space for storage. I keep my bumpers, docklines and it has a built in trash holder in this space. I you got one with the extra seating I think most people would be happier. I bought mine as a close out and did not order it custom.

We like the step area and we spend most of our time back there when swimming and just hanging out. Someone is always sitting on the step.

Comparisons I did not test a x45. I talked with the dealer and people and tested a MCX powered x35. The MCX powered boat would be fine in more confined space's where traveling to a different part of the lake is less of an issue. To get the MCX powered x35 to perform it has to be really proped down. It still pulled hard but ran out steam fast and was spinning RPM's to cruise that I felt were to close to its max operating range. From an engine standpoint the 6.0's operating range is higher (max RPM's) so it does not top out as quickly and can turn a bigger prop. We had it loaded with 8, gear for the day and ballast and it had good headroom with the stock prop. I am ready to try a size up for my spare.

Stock it makes decent wakeboarding wakes. A mastercraft team rider went with us on our demo and he pulled all kinds of moves with the boat stock and 3 aboard. Surfing needs more weight. We just starting surfing at the end of the season so I am purchasing add in bags during the off season to get it up to size.

I really only have the shot of the boat in storage at this time so I have attached it.
If I can be of further assistance please contact me and I will forward my phone #.

Viktimize
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
It's big and heavy. That's the only review I have so far. Just picked up my X-35 a few weeks ago in Montana, and towed it up to Red Deer Alberta, where it currently sits until summer :-(