PDA

View Full Version : Wake not balanced.

mallees
02-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I have had lots of different people in our boat (04 X2) this season, and have had a fair bit of trouble moving them around to balance out the wake. Yesterday, there was only myself and Wife in the boat, with my 9 year old out back riding, ballast was completely empty and the wake was washing over a lot on the starboard side. I had to put about 50- 80lbs of water in the rear starboard bag to keep the wake clean. Is there any hidden compartments that can fill with water in this hull? Wake has always been clean and easy to balance on this boat, we bought it new, so I know its history obviously.

A few months ago, we hit a log in the river and bent the front tracking fin, as well as putting a ding in the prop, I have done a pretty good job of straightening the front fin, but it does still have a bit of a bend in it. We put our spare prop on which is in pretty good condition, just a very, very slight vibration.

Any ideas on what could be causing this.:confused:

sand2snow22
02-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Maybe the tracking fin is leaking water into the port side of the boat? J/K....I have no idea.....Good luck......

Vibration, drive shaft is probably out of whack....or your spare prop is messed up too

mccobmd
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm no expert but even a little bend in the fin could change the wake. If that has the center of the hull pulled even a little bit it could do that. Some of the fluid dynamics experts may weigh in because I certainly am not.

MIskier
02-27-2011, 09:20 PM
You would be suprised what two seemingly small things like that can do. If you are getting a vibration from the prop you need to take it and get it repaired before the vibration starts to ruin other components

mallees
02-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Prop is off, and going in for repair, but I didn't think of the front fin until last night, so it is still on the boat. The prop is not vibrating much, nobody else can feel it, just me, I just know how smooth it normally runs. I might try and take the front fin off and drive the boat without it next weekend to see if there is any difference.