PDA

View Full Version : 89 prostar 190

mjb100798
02-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey guys just wanted to get a few opinions from the experts here on what a fair price for my 89 pro star would be... i know there is a "for sale section" and will put it in there after i get a few responses...now it doesnt have the original interior(po redid without matching the mastercraft design) engine shows less than 200 hrs but again not sure i trust it, i bought with it reading right at 147ish...it was my first mc purchase so i wasnt sure what to look for and could've done better research...I've done some work to it and added some things here and there and i dont expect to make my money back on it, just not sure what to expect...i know what NADA says, but it's a MC...i wouldn't really be interested if i couldn't get at least 6500$

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-27-2011, 07:18 PM
There's a 90 ps 190 fs in houston for 5500 it doesn't look as good as yours. Ask high and neg down to want you want out of it. You can normally add 20% or so to NADA and thats what they really sell for.

mjb100798
02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
thanks for the quick reply...well i'd say its in between the low and average retail..but i think your right with add 10-20% to the nada price...they always seem to be on the low side and too bad thats what the banks use for their assessment...thanks for confirming what i was thinking....

Jay

Luv2Ski
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Pretty hard to say without a lot more pictures as she looks a lot better than you describe . 200 hours is supper low too, but only if it is true. I see late 80's 190s going for ~$9,000 in really good shape, average I would say average is $6,500 with low around $3,000.

Kevin&Annie
02-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Mjb, where in the southeast are you located? We sold our '88 at the end of the summer and will be in the market again by the end of April. If you dont sell it by then we would absolutely be interested in talking with you.

ksdaoski
02-28-2011, 11:31 AM
sold my 88 last spring for $6500, with the fly high pole. May have been able to hold out for an extra $500. Season before, I couldn't sell it for $6k.

saberworks
02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I sold my 89 Prostar 190 for $6000 in September. I had >800 hours, it had original upholstery that was in pretty bad shape and a nice samson tower on it. It ran great. I am in Seattle area and we had a horrible summer but I wasn't getting much interest at all so I jumped on it when I got an offer.

Jim@BAWS
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I think it is worth more than $6500. Did you add for a SKIBOAT Trailer
I think a good asking price is more in line with $8000 or so

I SOLD and 88 last summer no trailer and no where near as good of condition as yours for
$7500

Jim@BAWS

mjb100798
02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm located in Warner Robins Ga, and I'll keep you guys in mind if it still availabe, thanks for asking...

Jay

mjb100798
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I wouldnt say the boat was flawless or anything like that...i've learned that pictures, no matter how good they look always seem to hide flaws..the boat does have some cosmetic flaws as far as oxidation which is hard to tell in pictures but im in the process of trying to remedy that...Jim, thanks for trying to up the price and i would agree with if the P.O. hadnt decided to redo the interior in a bland and non MC look....he also thought it was a good idea to put some other aftermarket peices on it...it's also missing the passenger side rail, which i cant seem to find one that is the right size, anyone got a website or no where to get one?.

I had to rebuild the dash where the P.O. also decided to use paint stirring sticks fasten the screws in the back and hold the gauges together with...the boat ran great last summer w/o incident mechanically...as for the hours i think they are original but again i have no way to prove that...not sure how easy it would've been for him to disconnect the wires...I've also had the carb rebuilt and just checked the oil and trans fluid and both look good, no sightings of water or discoloration in either...

I also just got a quote to have the interior redone back to the mc standards from a local person around here for $1500, went by her house today which is where she works out of, and she happened to be working on a set of cc seats w/ embroidery and three tones of color...the stiching was doubled and she uses marine grade vinyl as well as industrial strength thread...

Luv2Ski
03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
$1,500 for the interior is a good deal if the quality is good. But if you plan to sell, I am not sure you want to bother unless the existing interior is trashed and you think you can really get an extra $1,500 out of it.

JohnE
03-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I think if you keep it under $8K it will sell and fairly quick. It's nice to see someone take an honest view of the flaws in their boat, and assess it for what it is worth.

mjb100798
03-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks JohnE, i know its worth at least what i quoted earlier and as far as the interior, its not bad by any means, but i'm not sure i should pass on $1500 for getting the interior done, may want to keep after if it looks as good as it should...don't know how fair it would be to up the price after having it redone...what do you guys think?

helton333
03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I sold an 89 with 416 hours in the fall for 9500 - it had tower, speakers and was a solid boat.