PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers

ajgressette
02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
I need to replace a cover for my Powerstar 200 Barefoot Boat. Chances, I am sure, are slim to none, but I thought I would ask before going to the manufacture that made the cover for Mastercraft.

Thanks,
AJay

east tx skier
02-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I have no idea on the manufacturer, but it is a duck gray sunbrella cover. Any reputable manufacturer should be able to make you something as good if not better than what was an option in 98. That's not to say there is anything wrong with the 98 factory covers. If the manufacturer doesn't have a template for you boat, it sounds as if you still have the perfect template, but I'd send the the measurements just to be sure there hasn't been some stretch over the years.

Jeff d
02-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Is that an outboard? Sorry I'm ignorant on the barefoot boats. Have you checked Westland? Would this work:
http://www.westlandcovers.com/index.php?tplaction=search&keyword=sf1

CantRepeat
02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.skiboatcovers.com/index.html

MASTERCRAFT200 POWERSTAR 98
Bow-Rider *Covers-Swim-PF *Over-OutboardMC1239

Great covers. I got one for my X30 and it's prefect. The pucker in the front is because I didn't put the cover under the eye.

http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/covera.jpg

bturner2
02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I just received my cover for skiboatcovers.com but won't be able to test fit it until spring. I did pull it out of the shipping box and it looks very well made. I had on on a previous boat and it was the best cover I've owned.

Shooter McKevin
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
CantRepeat,

Is yours Sunbrella? Is that the Cadet Grey?

jeffbare
02-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I got mine from iboats.com for my 1991 BF200. It is designed for the specific manufacture, model, and year.

brucemac
02-28-2011, 07:07 PM
sorry for the threadjack, but can the oem MC ratchet covers be repaired?

mine is starting to fray a bit near the seams, but overall works great--especially since it's garaged. :)

can't seem to justify spending the money now on a new cover and wondering if anybody's ever taken one in for repair?

CantRepeat
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
CantRepeat,

Is yours Sunbrella? Is that the Cadet Grey?

Yes, and yes.

Shooter McKevin
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Sweet. The online swatches make it look a little too dark. Your picture confirms that it is not.
Thank you.

rgardjr1
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
sorry for the threadjack, but can the oem MC ratchet covers be repaired?

mine is starting to fray a bit near the seams, but overall works great--especially since it's garaged. :)

can't seem to justify spending the money now on a new cover and wondering if anybody's ever taken one in for repair?

I had a couple of spots on mine where the rear fender ropes had rubbed small holes in the cover. I took it to a local guy and he added a couple of suede patches over the areas with the holes.

ajgressette
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the input and help. Much appreciated! I found the box that contained the cover.

Great Lakes Boat Top Company in Vanor TN

SO 089082 002 10/11/99

1999MC200 PWROIN1 – 6099-A30

483728 MOORING COVER GADGR – S

MASTER CRAFT BOAT CO

Chances are they make all the covers for Mastercraft. Same town etc….

Quote was for about 750 and will order.

Thanks,
AJay

east tx skier
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Before you do, if you do a lot of trailering, you might want to consider a trailerable cover from a company like evolution or coversports (likely evolution for MC). They are incredible covers and I paid less than $750 delivered for mine even after the $50 upcharge for red sunbrella.

Shooter McKevin
02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Great Lakes has my boat listed on their quote page but I have emailed them twice and got the same scripted response both times:

"Thank you for your interest in Great Lakes Boat Top original replacement canvas. We are sorry, but unfortunately, the items you have requested for your 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 190 are not available because the manufacturer did not order the particular product(s) to be designed by us. You could contact a local custom canvas shop to perhaps make the needed canvas for you."

Like you, I assume they made the OEM covers of that era. If you order one, make sure you post some pics when it comes in.

ajgressette
02-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Will post some pics when it comes in. Doubt it will have the MC logo on it.