PDA

View Full Version : Help me out wakeboarders!!

muskingumriverdocks
02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm a fairly new member this is my first post, so here it goes. Does anybody remember a company called "Wake Ski". I have a bet with some friends about riding one of the first wakeboards on the market made by this company. This would have been '88-'89. I was into slalom and jump skiing so it was a novelty, our Kidder Rep. brought 2 a"slalom " and a "Freestyle". They were Roto-molded, the "Slalom" board was similar in size to modern wakeboard the "Freestyle" was huge. Like I say I'm skier so maybe it was already out there. I still have both of them somewhere,I have a basement full of skis and ski paraphernalia but some how misplaced these.

Jerseydave
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
I thought the "skurfer" was the first wakeboard, invented by Tony Finn.

Jerseydave
02-27-2011, 10:18 AM
pic of one for sale on craigslist

muskingumriverdocks
02-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Just Googled that, they looked very similar to those. I was wrong.But nobody mentioned that name, I never heard it either. I took ski line and made stirrups to hold my feet in when jumping the wake. The slalom may have been shorter than those. If memory serves me they were about 4'ish? There was a video of me "skiing" behind a dock on the Freestyle.It was so wide the river current could get me on top of the water, that and I weighed 145.

Cmpdman
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
The Skurfer was the first I remembered. We used it a little, but spent most of our time on our connelly hook. Anybody else remember their wood ski?

Adam Wanichek
02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, there was a "Wakeski" company. Got mine from Wileys in Seattle. Probably "87 maybe '88. Baby blue with 2 8" windsurfer fins screwed to the bottom. Straps in line down the center of the board(very awkward). No Decals of any kind. If I recall the sllalom was blue and the freestyle was yellow. This was before the Skurfer Rage, Had one of those as well(awesome hot pink).
So what do you win in the Bet?