PDA

View Full Version : Skidim to Canada

turn1andburn1
02-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I am looking to get a carb from Skidim, looks to be $499.00 from them and any parts stores in Canada are looking for around $700.00. My question is, have any Canadian members order parts from skidim and what extra charges were applied to getting it shipped to Canada. Was also looking at getting a rebuilt carb from national but searching around here, some have had issues with the rebuilt carbs.

TX.X-30 fan
02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I think patriotism should lead you to buy the 700.00 dollar one.

André
02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
If they ship UPS or Fedex,expect to pay at least 70$ of broker fees and all CDN taxes.
If ship with USPS,no broker fees but full taxes.
Your millage may vary...:)

TX.X-30 fan
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU

JohnE
02-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, skidim and canada all in one thread. Very controversail

turn1andburn1
02-26-2011, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU

LMAO!

Think I will ignore all patriotism when saving any $$. If I had it my way I would never buy anything parts related from a Canadian vendor. Tired of being raped!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Viktimize
02-26-2011, 06:26 PM
If they ship UPS or Fedex,expect to pay at least 70$ of broker fees and all CDN taxes.
If ship with USPS,no broker fees but full taxes.
Your millage may vary...:)

This, %100. UPS and FedEx are lucky to even be in business with their sh!t service. And horrible fees. USPS will get it to you hassle free, for cheaper, and most likely not break or lose it like you'll get from the other guys.

Other than that, if it's made in North America, you'll only pay GST/PST on it, due to NAFTA. If it is manufactured outside of NA, you'll also pay another 6.1% import tax.

chico
02-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Send it usps,you`ll save a bundle.

turn1andburn1
02-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks a bunch. USPS it is!!

TX.X-30 fan
02-27-2011, 09:38 AM
This, %100. UPS and FedEx are lucky to even be in business with their sh!t service. And horrible fees. USPS will get it to you hassle free, for cheaper, and most likely not break or lose it like you'll get from the other guys.

Other than that, if it's made in North America, you'll only pay GST/PST on it, due to NAFTA. If it is manufactured outside of NA, you'll also pay another 6.1% import tax.

Amazing because here in the US those 2 companies are some of the best run we have, always on time, easily track-able and just do a great job. USPS would come in dead last here except for a letter being delivered and as all govt run entities it looses billions and billions every year.

Viktimize
02-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Amazing because here in the US those 2 companies are some of the best run we have, always on time, easily track-able and just do a great job. USPS would come in dead last here except for a letter being delivered and as all govt run entities it looses billions and billions every year.

Ya I don't know what happens when they cross the border?? I have had at least 30 packages from the states with either UPS or FedEx in the last 2 years, and every single one has either been; late, lost, or damaged. Not to mention you also have to stack their absurd fees on top of all that. And one of my packages that was lost was also insured. But being that the shipper pays the insurance, the insurance also gets paid out to him. So he decided to be a crooked cvnt and just kept the insurance money.

Long story short, but I have a massive distaste for those companies. :mad:

jpattigr
02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Just had a UPS delivered brand new Acme prop delivered and the box was beat and the blade bent. UPS took it through Libya I think before it got here to Idaho!
I always have good luck with the Post Office USPS is fine!
When shipping to Canada it is the only way to go!!

turn1andburn1
02-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Just the feed back I was looking for, thank you guys!!

hbomb
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
interesting........ was about to order a strainer and fittings for the X2 - to Australia and they quoted around $ 57 freight for an article which I think would fit into a box no bigger than a toddlers shoe box.........
on the other hand...... my son ordered a EziSki and a wakeboard (no bindings) from Seattle.......
He ordered it on a Wednesday (Seattle time) and it arrived in Melbourne (Australia) the next Wednesday....... by Fed Ex........ no problems....... freight....... $ 200! and it was a big parcel.....
this was the first experinece with fedex.........
on the other hand, someone mentione how bad USPS was... all articles I have had sent to me previoulsy have been by USPS and up to now, no problems

turn1andburn1
02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I will be buying a 4160 carb, the gasket kit, and an impeller. Looking like a total saving of around $250 buying from the states, instead of going to my local parts store.

Muttley
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure where you are in Western Canada, but if you're in the Lower Mainland of BC, you can have it shipped to "Ship Happens" in Sumas, Wa. (near Abbotsford) then just go across and get it. Declaring it, you would only have to pay the HST.

turn1andburn1
02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm in western Alberta so not really an option. Probably just get it delivered to my post office.?.

Muttley
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm in western Alberta so not really an option. Probably just get it delivered to my post office.?.

Then I'd just see if they'll send it regular mail. It might take a little longer, but at least you're not nailed with those stupid brokerage fees.