PDA

View Full Version : Logo Ignition Keys???

Hooligan80
02-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I just bought a '92 ProStar 190 and it has a pretty cool factory igniton key with an enameled logo but it is all blurry and faded and has seen better days, where can I find another logo ignition key blank? I am sure other years would probably work as I could just take the blank down to the hardware store and tell them to make me a copy with it...

Double D
02-26-2011, 01:53 PM
I just bought a '92 ProStar 190 and it has a pretty cool factory igniton key with an enameled logo but it is all blurry and faded and has seen better days, where can I find another logo ignition key blank? I am sure other years would probably work as I could just take the blank down to the hardware store and tell them to make me a copy with it...

Mine is a basic small key. Probably because the original 'logo' key broke..... :(

The Podge
02-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I had a hard time finding just a basic replacement but finally did at an Ace Hardware. My original was just black molded plastic with the MC logo (2008 boat). I am interested to see if anyone else knows of a place for a nicer replacement. Thanks for asking the question!

duckguy
02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
What a good product for MC By DESIGN to cook up.

Hooligan80
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, they should defintely offer some logoed key blanks, they should sell pretty good.

Kevin@MWMC
02-27-2011, 12:02 AM
What a good product for MC By DESIGN to cook up.

I would definitely buy some if they made them. I only have one original left. But like Podge said, ACE Hardware does carry the blanks if you need extra keys made.

The Podge
02-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Ace Hardware blank Y13 fit my 2008. Just to save time looking through all the blanks and trying to match them! Not pretty but better than no extra key. I had a few made just in case we make it to the lake without the main key. I keep one on the tow vehicle key chain just in case.

east tx skier
02-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Sold my old spares last year.

JMann
02-28-2011, 02:10 AM
I have a 91 PS 190 and had a hard time finding a new blank with or without logo. I couldn't find a logo blank but did find them without the logo. I ordered them on line and had them cut at the hardware store. If you need the source PM me I can get it for you Wednesday when I am back in the office.

Double D
05-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Mine is a basic small key. Probably because the original 'logo' key broke..... :(

Hey, I found my original key!! Yes, it has seen its better days. Too bad I cant get it replaced.
Strange thing is the key is lose inside the circle, it moves around. Anyone know if this thing opens so the key can be replaced?

east tx skier
05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Pretty sure it opens. For what's left of it, I found that some Magic Eraser helps with the cloudiness.

Double D
05-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Pretty sure it opens. For what's left of it, I found that some Magic Eraser helps with the cloudiness.

I need to determine how it opens without screwing it up....