PDA

View Full Version : Northern Wisconsin campgrounds on a lake.

fskof
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm starting to plan my vacations for this year and I'm looking for a campground on a lake in northern Wisconsin. Would like to be able to leave the boat in the water if possible. Any place you guys would recommend?

Thanks for the help
Frank

aaron.
02-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Are you looking for a larger public camp area with amenities? or something smaller, quiet, tent only, pee in the woods, free styleee?

if it's the latter, i know a few places.

MC2000190
02-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I would check out the Lakewood, Mountain Area, great camping, clear lakes good for boating and fishing too!

JohnnyB
02-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Are you looking for a larger public camp area with amenities? or something smaller, quiet, tent only, pee in the woods, free styleee?

if it's the latter, i know a few places.

So tell us more....

TX.X-30 fan
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Will the State be open with all the govt. union employees on strike..........:D

fskof
03-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Since I will be going with a group of people Im looking for a campground with bathrooms/showers. I heard about Lynn Ann's on Big St. Germain. Anyone been there?

aaron.
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
So tell us more....

My favorite place to camp is on Alder Lake, Manitowish Waters. There are some small beaches on public state land, that are available for camping. Some of the local kids camps, and boy scouts use these for day trips etc...

But, i just love the chain of lakes. 10 lakes total, all hooked together by slow no wake rivers. Many restaurants and the ability to find a calm shore anywhere. There aren't any public camp grounds with amenities on the chain though.

I'm not going to say anymore without PM's. I could sell Manitowish all day long, but then i'd run the risk of having too many people up there (I like my water smooooooth)! 8p:D