PDA

View Full Version : Will Gas Prices Drive Down The Cost Of Boats This Summer ?

mike bohanan
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
jUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS?

Age Fighter
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
probably will weaken the pre owned market some. Not likely to effect the new boat market much IMO.

snork
02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
H E L L NO. If anything price will increase. Petroleum products is a key ingredients in manufacturing boats.
Bottom line.. The boat manufactures that barely survived the last debacle e.g. crude oil price hike, will close there doors for the summer if not for good:(

Why is it that the media knew about the price increase a few month ago. Its a conspiracy.

I say all Americans protest and demand we start pumping from the reserves we have here at home. :rant::rant::rant:

TX.X-30 fan
02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
H E L L NO. If anything price will increase. Petroleum products is a key ingredients in manufacturing boats.
Bottom line.. The boat manufactures that barely survived the last debacle e.g. crude oil price hike, will close there doors for the summer if not for good:(

Why is it that the media knew about the price increase a few month ago. Its a conspiracy.

I say all Americans protest and demand we start pumping from the reserves we have here at home. :rant::rant::rant:

The reserves have to be tapped 1st, and second there is still a moratorium in the gulf, and third everyone wants cheap oil but refuse to allow drilling in "their" waters...... Florida, Cali.

Wold x-7
02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
They are punching hole as fast as they can up in North Dakota.... there are wells every place you look up here and fuel is higher in the oil patch then it is away from it??

Jerseydave
02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Not sure about the cost of boats, but just like a few years ago it will cut down on boat traffic from the big cruisers to the performance boats, which is JUST FINE WITH ME! :D

It seems to be a pretty good market for buyers right now, which will only get better I assume. Boat sellers, not so much. :(

The8Ball
02-25-2011, 10:50 PM
"No." People who buy boats don't really care about the 'mileage' per se. I know I don't. It's not like buying a car. That's the difference between luxury/expensive hobby (boat owner) vs. more of a necessity (having a car to get to your job)...

snork
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
The reserves have to be tapped 1st, and second there is still a moratorium in the gulf, and third everyone wants cheap oil but refuse to allow drilling in "their" waters...... Florida, Cali.

I hear there is a huge oil field under Lake Travis:D let the drill'n begin

hbomb
02-26-2011, 02:31 AM
come down to australia for a while. whikst you are on the subject of drilling.. the moronic, stand for nothing government we inherited is good at that...... bending us over and drilling us!!!!!!!!
EVERYTIME there is a hiccuop in someones economy, all of a sudden our prices are linked to that country and up go our prices........ the last time we where told we where linked to Singapore so up went the price...... what in the hell do we have in common with this damn country!!!!!!!!
then when America hints at an increase, up we go..........

we are paying $ 1.50 per litre premium........ want to convert....... 4.5 litres to the gallon.........
yes........ it is a joke.............

the quicker you boys wrap up the middle east and secure some oil........ the better we will all be........
boat prices linked to petrol....... maybe but if you love the hobby, you cut back somewhere else.....

Jesus_Freak
02-27-2011, 08:21 AM
"No." People who buy boats don't really care about the 'mileage' per se. I know I don't. It's not like buying a car. That's the difference between luxury/expensive hobby (boat owner) vs. more of a necessity (having a car to get to your job)...

Agreed. Even for your everyday car, unless you drive significantly more than 10,000 miles per year, fuel costs rarely justify a purchasing decision solely based on mileage. See the sample below. More often, it doesnt pay to get a newer, more efficient car. Time-value of money makes this even worse...