PDA

View Full Version : Bay Water Sports, Maryland

krra1
02-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the Bay Water Sports on Route 50 in Maryland? I drove by on Monday and it was gone, could not find their web site either. Where is the closest Master Craft dealer to the Washington, D.C. area now?

jstewart319
02-24-2011, 07:27 AM
They closed, don’t know why, it happened early fall. The closest to the DC is Ski Boats Unlimited in Chesapeake, VA near Norfolk. That’s where I got my boat, and they also winterized it for me as well great service and great people. For routine maintenance I’ve used the Tige dealership, Virginia Yachts, in Woodbridge VA.

Dball
02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I pass there everyday. I wish they would have at least had a going out of business sale. Chesapeake Whaler just moved in.

Jerseydave
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I met owner Doug Barmoy(sp?) last summer @ Lake Anna and he was excited about owning Bay Watersports.....everything seemed fine at the time. Not sure what happened. Too bad about them closing....they have a great location esp for saltwater series boats.

krra1
02-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Strange and sad. Heard this morning that the entire Washington, D.C. boat show was canceled due to so many dealers of all kinds of boats going out of business. This was not an in-water show but a very big out of water show that took up most of the new D.C. convention center.