PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower Bimini?

rlwiley
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Here is the problem....I have to pull the trigger (or not) on a new boat by 2/28 to get the boat show incentives. Looking at a 25 with the power tower. I am definitely not going thru the summer w/o a bimini. Has anyone seen a pic or drawing on what it will look like? You would think that we could at least see a pic of the prototype. Hard to make a decision w/o this vital info!

KnoxX2
02-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I do know that they are in the final stages of testing the bimini for the power tower. I would say we should see it by the end of March middle of April.

rgardjr1
02-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Seems like the dealer that you're buying from would be your best bet on this. They have the motivation and connections to get something for you. Any chance of them extending the pricing window for you until they give you an idea of what it's going to look like? I can't imagine in the current economy that the dealer or manufacturer want to lose a sale.

Cmpdman
02-24-2011, 01:23 AM
At the Ut boat show, a mc rep said they were built but they didn't like the design- not up to standards but that they should have it out march/April. But don't quote me on that. We purchased a boat and I'm waiting for the design on the bimini. So I'm excited to see the design & functionality.

Huskie05
02-24-2011, 03:09 AM
At the Ut boat show, a mc rep said they were built but they didn't like the design- not up to standards but that they should have it out march/April. But don't quote me on that. We purchased a boat and I'm waiting for the design on the bimini. So I'm excited to see the design & functionality.

same boat, here, waitign to see how it looks. glad to see they are not cuting corners and jsut releasing any old bimini

Huskie05
02-24-2011, 03:10 AM
Here is the problem....I have to pull the trigger (or not) on a new boat by 2/28 to get the boat show incentives. Looking at a 25 with the power tower. I am definitely not going thru the summer w/o a bimini. Has anyone seen a pic or drawing on what it will look like? You would think that we could at least see a pic of the prototype. Hard to make a decision w/o this vital info!

I bought pre-bot show, with power tower, I elieve MC will release an awesome bimini

bturner2
02-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Anyone seen where the mirror is mounted? I would expect it will be on the windshield again with all the negatives that we used to live with before tower mounted mirrors.

My dealer didn't go to the show in Detroit and instead had a in house event this year which wasn't bad but they didn't have a power tower there. Just wondered how they were going to handle this. My buddy's BU mirror is windshield mounted, is constantly in the way, has to be readjusted all the time and has very limited functionality in comparison to my tower mounted mirror on my X2. Hoping MC is going to do a better job.

vision
02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Anyone seen where the mirror is mounted? I would expect it will be on the windshield again with all the negatives that we used to live with before tower mounted mirrors.

My dealer didn't go to the show in Detroit and instead had a in house event this year which wasn't bad but they didn't have a power tower there. Just wondered how they were going to handle this. My buddy's BU mirror is windshield mounted, is constantly in the way, has to be readjusted all the time and has very limited functionality in comparison to my tower mounted mirror on my X2. Hoping MC is going to do a better job.

I like thew new BU G3 tower based mirror. Unfortunately, it would likely not work on the MC power tower as the arm would be too long.

I was thinking that a simple back up camera and monitor would be the ideal solution. No mirror needed.

Cmpdman
02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
On my 08 X45 it has tower mounted mirror. With the standard setup it was always moving up/down. I would tighten the bolt and a few trips later it was doing the same. I got a new mirror attachment from MCD and it worked great. Just curious, what problems did anyone have with a windshield mounted mirror?

TallRedRider
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
You also have to remove the windhsield mounted mirror to put the cover on. Or at a minimum, if you fold it down, the mounts will rub a hole in your cover. It is actually in the way for a lot of people if you put it right in front of the driver and interferes with forward vision. Or if you put it in the middle, then you cannot use it and have the walkway open.

One of many reasons I would never get that tower.

My tower mounted mirror is solid as a rock.