PDA

View Full Version : Master craft on the sea ????

phillnjack
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Hello, im a newbie to mastercraft boats, and new to this great forum/site.

What im trying to find out is , can mastercraft boats handle the sea ?
im talking about calm seas state ofcourse.
Like the average speedboats would be out in.

The boat im asking about would be something like the 1977 stars and stripes model with windsor engine.

i need to know just how capable these boats would be on salt water, as would be used as a recreational boat as well as for a bit of ski-ing etc.

phill:)

KnoxX2
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Sorry I would not take a 77 S&S out in the Sea. To small of a boat and the freeboard is too short. Think this would be a bad idea!

Sodar
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
No. Skiboats of any make are not good in the open ocean. They have to flat of a bottom and not enough freeboard. In my opinion, a 13' Boston Whaler is more seaworthy than a '77 MasterCraft.

Covi
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I taught waterskiing in West Hapton NY (long Island sound) I had a 1995 prostar (dealers boat) and would never, ever, ever imagine taking it out past the break water. I'd say no as well.

cbryan70
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
My head hurts just thinking about taking my boat in the sea. anything over a foot of chop and it is unpleasant to say the least

josepcedwards
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
http://mastercraft.com/boats/overview/csx265

This will work on the sea!!!

willyt
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
or a 300 perhaps... but if you have a 77 S&S, its a classic, keep that baby in the fresh, non-salty stuff

phillnjack
02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks guys
i will not be taking a mastercraft to sea then.
I have been looking and liking the idea of owning one of these boats, but my main water time is summer on the beach and upto about 2 miles out at sea.
Now being as im in the uk our waters can be a bit choppy most of the time, i think ill give the boat a miss unless i can find a nice lake to play with it.

thanks again for all your good advice

but i will stay on this forum if only to see such wonderfull boats, and keep watching about the technical stuff as well.

keep up the good work

phill