PDA

View Full Version : X star factory cover

MachinedConcepts
02-22-2011, 06:30 PM
I have a horrid aftermarket cover that came with my 2005 X star. I have been shopping around for new covers, and am very partial to the factory one. Does anyone know if an 08 cover will fit on an 05? Really my only question is how the fit will be around the rear tower legs. Any one have any experience with this?

my reasoning behind this is basically to save about $400 bones, in case you were wondering...

bturner2
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
If it's the newer sure last cover that I had on my 07 X2 and you leave your boat out on a lift you may not be happy with it. I just purchased a Sunbrella cover from skiboatcovers.com due to problems with black marks on the vinyl and water that just seems to poor in. Maybe it's just my boat but I had enough and decided to bite the bullet and get a new cover for this season. Too bad, I really like the way the cover fit and the company that makes them has great customer service. Just wish they made them out of Sunbrella.

I talked to my dealer about my experience and they pretty much told me that the only time they recommend the factory cover is when the boat sits inside or in a covered well.