PDA

View Full Version : vent duct work

cbishopjr
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
My two duct's just lay on the ground? The are attached to the two vents near the front, one on each side. Are they suppose to go somewhere? 1989 Prostar 190. Don't know if I am calling them the correct name? I appreciate the help, as you can see I am not very knowledable of boats. Thanks.

Luv2Ski
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
There is a set of vents that will attach from a fiberglass structure under the bow of the boat. These two lines should pass through the rectangular opening in the floor which leads to the bilge and engine compartment. In addition to supplying the engine with fresh air, they are there to evacuate flammable gasses and keep you from blowing up,,, so yea, they are important.

If on the other hand, the two vent tubes are attached to some outlets beneath the observer seat and under the dash in front of the drivers seat, then they are part of the heater system (if your boat is equipped with the option). You should have a 1' x 1' metal box mounted under the bow which contains the heater core and the fan. That is where they would be attached.

milehigh970
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Im guessing they are the vent hoses to supply fresh air... Brings up a important point to all the new owners. ALWAYS run your blower for a few before you hit the key to start.. Unless you perfer the smell of burning carpet, fiberglass, and possibly flesh! Enough vapor can and Will build up to cause an explosion if circumstances are right. And if your family is like mine... Someone is always laying on,sitting on, or standing on the engine box... Protect your family and your investment!