PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft 3 plus 3 - Extended Warranty

mramerman@gmail.com
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Just received an offer in the mail for an "extended protection" warranty for my new 2010 X14v. The company is called Mastercraft 3plus3 and is based in Miinnetonka, MN.

Has anyone heard of this group or signed up for this coverage? Any opinions on benefits?

There are two plans:

Engine Only for $1,480 thru 2016

or

Engine & Accessory for $2730 thru 2016

Love to hear opinions. Particularly this is legitimate.

Stephen Nordquist
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
With the new warranties on the engine and boat my opinion is you will be wasting your money. Most issues with your boat will surface in the first couple years under your warranty. Save your money for gas.

Cmpdman
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
I had it with my '08 X-45. It was around $3K. I liked it because it covered all diffferent types of items on the boat (not just the engine). I only used it once to replace a bad amplifier that I could have purchased new for about $600.

--- I sold the X45 and am in the process of transfering the remaining warranty to the new owner. $100 transfer fee, plus I have to send a copy of ALL services done on the boat (always keep records).

My new '11 X55 has the 6.2 Indmar supercharged. I think that I have to get the 3+3 to get the 5 year warranty on the Indmar engine. http://www.indmar.com/News/IndmarFactory5.pdf

I'm still researching it... I haven't picked the boat up so I'll talk to the dealer to get more information before I purchase it.

jason95gt
02-19-2011, 12:29 PM
The motor is typically not what goes within the first couple years, but more so goofy little things like electronics, ballast pumps etc. This warranty is legit and is very nice to have everything covered for at least 4 years and then the motor for 6. Electronics are only 1yr from MC.

Cmpdman,

In order to get the 5 year indmar warranty, you just have to keep insurance on the boat through Boater's Insurance Agency. I would make sure that this motor is going to be covered under this program though as it is not an inexpensive option. In the Midwest we don't have the big motors ordered through our dealer so that part I am not sure of.

jason95gt
02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Also, the warranty is not engine and accessories through 2016, it just adds three years to the factory warranties across the board.

scott023
02-19-2011, 12:46 PM
The extended warranty that we bought for our '08 X45 is through Cornerstone Insurance. If we do not use it during the coverage peroid (bought a 5 year) the cost of the policy is returned in FULL. It was about $2500.

Ole Miss Rebels
03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Also, the warranty is not engine and accessories through 2016, it just adds three years to the factory warranties across the board.

the one i bought back in 2008 DID carry the one year factory coverages out for a full six years.

Huskie05
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I had it with my '08 X-45. It was around $3K. I liked it because it covered all diffferent types of items on the boat (not just the engine). I only used it once to replace a bad amplifier that I could have purchased new for about $600.

--- I sold the X45 and am in the process of transfering the remaining warranty to the new owner. $100 transfer fee, plus I have to send a copy of ALL services done on the boat (always keep records).

My new '11 X55 has the 6.2 Indmar supercharged. I think that I have to get the 3+3 to get the 5 year warranty on the Indmar engine. http://www.indmar.com/News/IndmarFactory5.pdf

I'm still researching it... I haven't picked the boat up so I'll talk to the dealer to get more information before I purchase it.

let me know what you find out, I might follow you down the rabbit hole on this one...