PDA

View Full Version : New to Greers Ferry, AR

mattdda
02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Looking for the local crowd/hangouts...?

Scott
02-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Glad to have another mc owner at greers ferry.. if your not familiar with the lake, pm me and i will try to explain where alot of us, hang out..:D

SPSinclair 190
02-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey guys getting ready to move to Pine Bluff area and hope to be using Greers Ferry some any Imfo would be great.

mattdda
02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
From what I'm told, east of devil's fork is normally pretty good. Most folks say that during the day - especially on the weekends - the lake fairly busy. To find butter you have to get there early or stay late. To be honest = I know NO ONE up here. And I've only driven by the lake twice...soooo....Maybe some of the local folks could confirm or deny what I've been told...?

cordark615
02-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Put in at Devils Fork, and go right, under the Edgemont bridge. Keep going until you go under the Prim bridge, you will be by Goat Island and people will be hanging there. If it dont rain people wont be hard to find, cause they will be in the middle of the lake. It is LOW!!!!!! Look us up sometime,we will be in a red and white XSTAR.

mattdda
02-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Thx much! Will do!

I'm in a yellow and white X30 - and will probably be looking lost.

magnum
02-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Cordark 615 There might be 2 Red & White X-Stars We have that same color

SPSinclair 190
02-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the imfo.
We have 93 prostar 190 Red and White

cordark615
02-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Look for the one with the wakeboarder that can't wakeboard. Lol

mattdda
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Hah! That makes two of us!

When is it safe to de-winterize? I got the itch this past weekend and installed a new impellar, changed the oil, gave her a good rub down...you know. Some folks I work with told me to hold out for one last frost. When do you guys normally start to ride?

jimmies1
02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
We go to greers every weekend during the boating months. Have had a house on Eden Isle for close to 20 years. We will be on the lake in a 2011 X55, or our red & white X80. Wave us down anytime you see us. We are all over the lake....

cordark615
02-21-2011, 10:44 PM
We are itching to go now. I would wait till middle to late march and then get it. I just hope some rain comes cause it is low, and the lake is full of stumps. If it stays low , the water will warm up faster though.

mattdda
02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Talk about an itch! Where I moved from we'd have been out his past weekend. True that about the heat - but how worried do I need to be as a newb on greers and keeping an eye out for stumps? Are they readily visible? Any obvious areas to avoid till the level comes up?

Will definitely look you up, jimmies1. I'm all about meeting new friends on the water! As I said before, I'll be in a yellow and white x30 - probably by myself until I can bribe someone into coming along with.

mattdda
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
You know what...I bet that if I find a topo of the lake - that'd be a good first place to start. I forget those exit...hah! Guess I'm too used to being a river rat.

TNPIG
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
We normally go to Greers Ferry a few time every Summer and stay over by the Damn Site Marina. I finally ventured out one morning on my jet ski and couldn't believe how big the lake actually was. It's a very nice lake. My aunt and uncle bought a place on Lake Norfork in Mountain Home, AR so we'll probably go there exclusively now. It's a 3 to 3.5 houur drive from Memphis either way, but well worth it once you get there.

cordark615
02-22-2011, 11:19 PM
The lake is a man made lake, and when they flooded it alot of trees were still standing. Most of the time you can see them sticking up. If you stay in the middle you will be ok, just dont get real close to the shore line. My grandpa has alot of stories of the lake, he farmed the ground before it was flooded. He will be one hundred years old next month. He's a pretty cool old man.

mattdda
02-23-2011, 08:22 PM
That's amazing! I bet he knows a lot about it, then!

I found a guy that I work with that's gonna go out with me the first time and give me a sort of tour. Much more of a comfort factor than just reading the topo map.

Anyways...I'll surely be looking out for you guys who've posted an invite! Don't be afraid to wave me down either. I think I'll be out the second weekend in March. Don't think I'll be able to wait much longer than that.