PDA

View Full Version : X-Star ski pole? Mount and pole?

RyanD121
02-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm looking for the mount for an X-Star, and the pole also. If anyone is getting rid of theirs, please let me know. I didn't order mine, but would like to have one now. If I can't find one, I'll more than likely have to build one. If I do have to build one, can anyone tell me what kind of bolts are used from the factory to secure this mount to the floor? Thanks a lot. -Ryan
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11663&stc=1&d=1297114024

Jim@BAWS
02-18-2011, 07:05 AM
There is more than just going down to Lowes and buying some hardward and bolts and pipe to make a ski pylon for an X star. You better reconsider what you are doing. It is a large metal bracket that is installed. Drilled and bolted into place. The back cover needs to be oredered new from MC because there is a CUT OUT for the pylon. Get the right equipment designed for the boat from MC. Don't try to take an aftermarket approach to this one. The addition of the ski pylon was designed by MasterCraft for a reason

RyanD121
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I understand that completely, but the pole I'm going to mount on this bracket isn't going to be used for skiing. I'm mounting a removable stripper pole in it, so I don't exactly need to have a bracket made for skiing. I didn't really want to say that in this post because I'm looking for info, not someone's opinion of stripper poles on boats and how I'm not a real wakeboarder, and all that other BS. Anyways, thanks for looking out though. As for needing the sun pad cut to fit the pole, I have an upholstery shop that said they could do the work.

1985 Skiier
02-18-2011, 10:54 AM
You may want the extra support that Jim is talking about in case a big girl wants to try;)

jdl xstar
02-18-2011, 11:13 AM
.........., but the pole I'm going to mount on this bracket isn't going to be used for skiing. I'm mounting a removable stripper pole in it,.

Classic! sounds like a fun project. In all honesty, you will have to ensure it is mounted almost as securly as it would need to be for skiing since the weight of someone twirling around on a tall pole will put a ton of strain on the base mount. good luck on the project. Sounds like you're preparing for a good summer!!

blakehardesty
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Killer-Lil-Mynx-Stripper-Pole-Your-Wakeboard-Boat-/370287004399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5636d34aef

This might be a better option. Check it out.

SKADMAN
02-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Ryan, I would personally go with Mastercrafts structurally sound pole mount. I have seen an X-Star using it and it was good with 2 girls on it. Now your photo isn't of where the ski pole mount is located. Like jdl said, it needs to be very sturdy. Is memory serves, the mount is bolted to the metal frame in your photo which is already bolted to the floor. Post pics of it in use when ur done! :-)

RyanD121
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies so far. I was trying to get the stock mount, but MC wants around $800 for it, but they don't even have any availabe as of now. If anyone knows where I can get just the mount ASAP, i'd be down for sure, but my dealer says he cant find one. If I was going to build one, it would be to the same specs as the stock one, just made from steel, and then powdercoated. I was curious about the bolts so I would know what size and type to use, but I plan on securing the mount to the floor of the boat in the same spot as a stock MC mount. If anybody can help with any more info, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm heading to Havasu on the 15th-21st, so pics are soon to come if I can get it done in time! Thanks a lot so far...!

Jerseydave
02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
If you had one to take measurements from, a good welding shop could fabricate a mount for you. Look for an aftermarket pylon from Overtons or somewhere like that, or better yet look for the whole setup from a wrecked ski boat.

Best of luck......look forward to pics of the finished product! :D

LaRue
02-19-2011, 12:42 AM
:confused::mad::confused::mad:

Jeff Lyman
02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Were going to need pictures of the project and most importantly pics of the capablilites of the pole. All angles will be needed in Hi resolution. We just want to make sure it's safe!

1985 Skiier
02-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree with Jeff!
For some reason I keep picturing a disco ball on top. I may just have to build one;)

'78 Starz & Stripes
02-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Duckworth?.....

RyanD121
02-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Duckworth?.....

Yep. What up man? Oh, and don't worry about the pics guys, as soon as these girls are on it, I'll post the pics!!

RyanD121
02-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh, and if anyone can snap me as many different pics as possible of their stock MC pole mount, it would for sure make it a lot easier for me to build one, if that's what it comes down to. Thanks a lot so far guys...

'78 Starz & Stripes
02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
JackMacKleson........ Hope things are good bro. Miss kickin' it with you.

RyanD121
02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
If anyone has one of these on their X-Stars, could you at least possibly get me some deminsions so I could have one made? I'd really appreciate it, and it would help me out a lot! Thanks. -Ryan