PDA

View Full Version : Federal Budget $100 Million cut Reality....

Ski-me
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/

I thought this was a cool perspective on the actual percentage being cut (in a visual sense). :)

captain planet
02-17-2011, 06:24 PM
They are all a bunch of crooks. Time to eliminate them and get some people that aren't millionaires friends to run the country.

j2nh
02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
You can't spend what you don't have. When our government spends 1.5 TRILLION dollars each year that it doesn't have our children are going to have a problem.

The answer is simple, this is how much we have to spend this year minus the interest on the debt, when that is gone the spending is done.

Willski
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I realize it takes a lot to run a country, but the bleeding has to stop at some point. I am very apolytical. Not sure that is even a word, but it seems the government needs to be run more like a small business where every dollar counts.

FrankSchwab
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
But the US government has been spending money like an out-of-control heiress on a weekend binge (http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html) for over 100 years.

It's very difficult to argue that the US hasn't blossomed (http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=230) under that spendthriftness. From an international backwater with (what we would today call) third-world living conditions, to the biggest economic, military, and political power this world has ever known.

Unfortunately, macroeconomics, IMHO, has no well-tested theory to fall back on to evaluate our current economic situation. Sure, they have lots and lots of theories with lots and lots of well-regarded people who believe one way or the other, but the historical record is pretty spotty when it comes to comparable economic conditions, and it's kind of tough to set up experiments to explore the various theories.

If you want to say that the current spending disparity is going to destroy the country, that's well and good - but the evidence is lacking. My intuition says that what we're doing is absolute lunacy, but intuition is often wrong when dealing with something that you don't have day-to-day experience with.

Frankly, I think we should all pressure our congresscritters to drastically scale back deficit spending - but I also think that the only way we'll have to evaluate the results of the current level of deficit spending is to sit back with a beer 50 years from now and look back.

/frank

1redTA
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
We are giving 150 million to Egypt

joniron1
02-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I think we should start with some small percentage cuts across the board to try to instill a little fairness and sharing of the burden,Then try to eliminate redundant programs and government agencies and see where we are at.And then try to live within our means,and quit all the budgeting hokus pokus that both parties continually practice(unfunded wars with original price of 70 billion,figuring on the most rosey and unlikely economic forecasts for deficits and budgets,taking money from social security trust fund for 40 years,counting money the government borrows from itself as revenue,etc)

03geetee
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
First of all these following statements I will list below are my opinion and that alone. I am no expert, politician, messiah ect so I have no problem stating these things as truly that OPINION.

1. Love that video because as the law states the easiest solution is usually the right one. That is the easiest way to show that our president, among many, is full of ****.

2. If the country was a business, as many businesses have seen lately, all of its borrowing power would have stopped. No lines of credit issued, no loans, grants ect so in theory just like many small businesses around town this country would have had to lay off some people, cut back some spending, worker later, harder, longer for less to pull together or face CLOSING!!!!!!!

3. They will never close because the country is also the BANK and the BANK is run by retards who think that debt is only an idea, not a fixed reality which is definetely is. If you have 1 dollar and owe 3 you are ****ED in this land of the free. Not them though, why? When they are in debt they think the way out is to go to war which may work but think of the actual cost and I am not talking about dollars....

Again sorry if I sound uneducated or nieve but please as I said usually the easiest answer to arrive at is the right one...and with that I would say our country is royally bankrupt and the bleeding sees no end in sight.

Dont even get me started on what I think of my social security that I will spend the majority of my natural life putting into only to have some millionare dip**** tell me its gone. I would have invested it myself for 40 years then *******. Do you know what 40 dollars a week invested wisely at the age of 18-20 would turn into????

**** THAT!!!

JTR

JimN
02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
You can't spend what you don't have.

You can when you print your own money and tell taxpayers how much they'll need to pay AFTER you guessed about how much you spent.

CantRepeat
02-19-2011, 12:08 AM
God lord, how long have we been deficit spending? This is nothing new, really. For someone to make a video now, that we could have made 50 years ago, why?

DooSPX
02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I realize it takes a lot to run a country, but the bleeding has to stop at some point. I am very apolytical. Not sure that is even a word, but it seems the government needs to be run more like a small business where every dollar counts.

I was having dinner with my parents and some friends tonight, and we all said this exact statement! As far as the $$ part of running the country, I believe it would work.