PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower Innovation Award

MasterCraftByDesign
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Good Morning All!

I wanted to share a link with everyone today! Looks like MasterCraft received the NMMA Innovation Award today for the new ZFT5 Power Tower!

Here is a link to the article: http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/509038-miami-innovation-award-winners-announced

The new power tower is here to stay, and we are excited that the NMMA has found this new tower to be one of the top innovations of the year!

The Innovation Awards recognize products that best meet the following criteria: innovative distinction from other products being made; benefit to the marine industry and/or the consumer; practicality; cost-effectiveness; and availability to the consumer within 60 days of receiving the award.

We are very excited to receive this award, and we thank the NMMA for recognizing our hard work.

Jim D.
www.mastercraftbydesign.com
www.mastercraftboatsofchicago.com

brucemac
02-17-2011, 01:20 PM
congrats! have to admit it's growing on me. looking forward to seeing bimini integration and hoping you end up putting in a manual override of some kind.

ShawnB
02-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Congratulations! Really great that you're getting industry recognition for your work. Wonder if any manufacturers are now saying behind closed doors, "When are we going to have an automatic tower?"

jason95gt
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Hopefully this will shut up the tower shakers!

craig3972
02-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Wonder if any manufacturers are now saying behind closed doors, "When are we going to have an automatic tower?"

They are all saying it. Bet we see some next year.

scott023
02-17-2011, 05:13 PM

I think you're right on that. No way they will sit back and let MC take the "cool" factor award.

Granite_33
02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
This is nice to see. And I happen to think its a great looking tower.
100X better than the forward swept towers on the Bu's and Nats.

Now to bury those "shaky tower" rumors.......

sand2snow22
02-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow, congratulations! This is awesome for MBD and MC! Now if they can only win one of those 'Boat of the Year' awards.

TX.X-30 fan
02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Edit:...............

TX.X-30 fan
02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Hopefully this will shut up the tower shakers!

I tell my young boys "shut up" is not nice to say................

Kyle
02-19-2011, 10:56 AM

I think regal or some kind of I/O that I looked at when at Dallas boat show had a motorized tower. It folded forward not a vertical movement. It looked kind of pointless as it would be easy to get youngsters fingers smashed as safety was overlooked.

Cmpdman
02-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Awesome! Has anyone see pics of the bimini or mirror on the new towers? The mirror would have to be attached on the windshield. (Or the BIG display)

ShawnB
02-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I think regal or some kind of I/O that I looked at when at Dallas boat show had a motorized tower. It folded forward not a vertical movement. It looked kind of pointless as it would be easy to get youngsters fingers smashed as safety was overlooked.

Interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3-v9-ryTA

Kyle
02-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Interesting...

See how if the driver was not paying attention to his kids he could take a finger off if a hand was in the way putting the tower up. Other than that not a bad idea.

KnoxX2
02-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I got a feeling that we will see a lot of diffrent styles of the PT in the next few years.

ShawnB
02-19-2011, 11:52 AM
See how if the driver was not paying attention to his kids he could take a finger off if a hand was in the way putting the tower up. Other than that not a bad idea.

I'm sure there's some kind of safety to avoid that. Kind of like the power-up windows that stop when there's any kind of obstruction. Otherwise yeah that's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

rgardjr1
02-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Interesting...

Yea, but what happens when you shake it? ;)

TX.X-30 fan
02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Yea, but what happens when you shake it? ;)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I like the simplicity of that regal tower.

sand2snow22
02-19-2011, 03:06 PM
That's funny, that dealer is local in Wilsonville. I got my 2003 X 10 from them. Supposed to be winterized, good thing I checked, block was full of water......

Kyle
02-19-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm sure there's some kind of safety to avoid that. Kind of like the power-up windows that stop when there's any kind of obstruction. Otherwise yeah that's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Ok it may not cut off your finger but it will smash the heck out of them and may break them. The power tower stops going down under extreme load. Load enough to do damage then it stops. It doesn't go back the other way like a garage door. I guarantee from the tower that I looked at and folded on the regal personally, it would really do damage to a hand.

Mcdonalds got a lawsuit over not having a hot warning on the coffee cups cause some jack wagon spilled it on himself.

TX.X-30 fan
02-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I'll have grape.