PDA

View Full Version : Fin Spreadsheet

sully
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Just got a new ski this fall but wanted to document the fin setting on an Excel Spreadsheet. I thought this might be a good way to help keep track of the setting as I make adjustments.
Anyone willing to share or post an example of how they are tracking their adjustments?
Thanks!

TNH2oSkier
02-16-2011, 07:17 PM
look in the apps section of itunes for the radar ski app. It might have everything your looking for.

Skipper
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah, set it to the factory specs, tighten, and throw away the allen wrench. ;)

MIskier
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Just got a new ski this fall but wanted to document the fin setting on an Excel Spreadsheet. I thought this might be a good way to help keep track of the setting as I make adjustments.
Anyone willing to share or post an example of how they are tracking their adjustments?
Thanks!

Fluid Motion sports have a downloadable excel called the skiers work book that you could use

Jesus_Freak
02-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, set it to the factory specs, tighten, and throw away the allen wrench. ;)

Good one! :D That was what I did, because my body position varied so much from set to set that the effects of fin adjustments were never detectable! :o

Skipper
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Good one! :D That was what I did, because my body position varied so much from set to set that the effects of fin adjustments were never detectable! :o

I went through a stage where I made one-thousandth of an inch adjustments every few days. I had a log book with the numbers. Wrote comments about the effect of the adjustments. One day I just went too far and the ski handled like tank. Adjusted back to the last set of measurements and left it alone.

I admit that you can tune a ski to improve your peformance. But now I just go with the factory settings and tune myself.

ahhudgins
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I went through a stage where I made one-thousandth of an inch adjustments every few days. I had a log book with the numbers. Wrote comments about the effect of the adjustments. One day I just went too far and the ski handled like tank. Adjusted back to the last set of measurements and left it alone.

I admit that you can tune a ski to improve your peformance. But now I just go with the factory settings and tune myself.

I agree. Once you are down to "one-thousandth of an inch adjustments", you need to determine if the results are due to the amount of fin adjustment or the amount of beer and Cheetos you had at lunch ;)

I just wish I was good enough to worry about a fin adjustment!!

Skipper
02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
You cannot record fin adjustments if you eat cheetos. You get that orange stuff all over the fin log book.

ahhudgins
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
You cannot record fin adjustments if you eat cheetos. You get that orange stuff all over the fin log book.

"Cheetle": The orange, powdery residue left on your fingers after eating Cheetos.
It became such a problem, they had to give it a name!:D

Jesus_Freak
02-27-2011, 07:05 AM

"Cheetle": The orange, powdery residue left on your fingers after eating Cheetos.
It became such a problem, they had to give it a name!:D

Then, inevitably, you will get in your eyes, preventing you from seeing the buoys. Actually, that would be a good thing for me, because staring at the buoys caused me to ski right to them.

Skipper
02-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I have horrible vision, so I just look at the horizon and hope for the best. Run over the balls every once in a while, but that's why they are made of soft rubber.

Jesus_Freak
03-06-2011, 05:58 AM
I have horrible vision, so I just look at the horizon and hope for the best. Run over the balls every once in a while, but that's why they are made of soft rubber.

I ran over the balls too, but not because of vision....just lame skiing. About 50% of the time I hit them, I would fall on/around them. Not a pretty picture.

Do you wear any contacts while skiing?

Skipper
03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
No, I started wearing my airborne glasses (no ear frames just a rubber strap around the back of the head). But they get wet and I can't see again. I hope to get contacts this spring.

Jeff Lyman
03-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Sully, Check out Ballofspray.com site I think it will have info your looking for. There some great skiers on that site, look into the forums.