PDA

View Full Version : Maristar owner wondering on wake plate mod. need opinions

Michigan Maristar
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Well Iím finally getting the opportunity to relive my youth and have purchased a 2000 maristar 230. Canít wait to get it out on the water and enjoying it with the family. Anyway Iíve been reading some of the comments on this site and one of the treads that started back in 2005 comment on adding a Bennett or Lenco wake plate and the benefits to the slalom skiing performance (also trimming the nose down). Iíve picked up the wakeboarding and the kids are still too young to do much beyond tubing, but I enjoyed slalom skiing growing up and would like to have that option. No coarse stuff but 15 to 22 off around 32mph would be nice. Anyway long question but is it worth adding and has there been any issues with the folks that did add (i.e. hull damage)? Any comments would be great, sorry if this has been beat to death again Iím new. Cheers

Age Fighter
02-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Get the plate installed. Is almost certainly going to improve slalom wakes and also give you some attitude control related to potential porpoising and other ride related issues. Should be able to help you shape some wake board wakes as well.

I would think worst case scenario is that it would make some positive impact on all of those issues above -- and might make a dramatic slalom difference. That's worth the price for sure.

prostar205
02-17-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm currently adding the 2011 Lenco Attitude Adjustment Plate to my 2002 X-30.

Michigan Maristar
02-17-2011, 10:54 AM
thanks for that feedback. Doen't know if i'm having buyer regret or just being paranoid. I'm sure the wake/performance will be better then the other boats I was considering (sea rays, 4 winns, chaparral) and if it takes a minor tweak like this to fill a minor request that would be great. I still think the v-drive was the way to go living on lake michigan and periodically having the option to go out on the big water without getting beat up. thank again