PDA

View Full Version : 2000 LTR Engine Water Recirculating Pump

MIMC
02-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I have a 2000 PS195 with LTR engine, need to replace the engine water recirculating pump (has a fairly decent trickle coming out of the weap hole). Getting my parts list together for when the weather breaks here in MI. I will also be replacing the impeller at the same time (yearly ritual). My "local" Mastercraft dealer has an Indmar p/n 531045 in stock but wants $161. Is it just me or is that a bit steap? I don't mind paying a bit extra for a quality part, but paying double is not preferred. Looking on-line I can find them everywhere in the $70-$90 range. Anyone have a preferred location of where they purchase their genuine Mastercraft/Indmar parts? Can anyone confirm the Indmar p/n is correct and if there is a Mastercraft p/n associated with it? Thanks in advance for the help!

kingwoodlee
02-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I have a 2000 PS195 with LTR engine, need to replace the engine water recirculating pump (has a fairly decent trickle coming out of the weap hole). Getting my parts list together for when the weather breaks here in MI. I will also be replacing the impeller at the same time (yearly ritual). My "local" Mastercraft dealer has an Indmar p/n 531045 in stock but wants $161. Is it just me or is that a bit steap? I don't mind paying a bit extra for a quality part, but paying double is not preferred. Looking on-line I can find them everywhere in the $70-$90 range. Anyone have a preferred location of where they purchase their genuine Mastercraft/Indmar parts? Can anyone confirm the Indmar p/n is correct and if there is a Mastercraft p/n associated with it? Thanks in advance for the help!

The latest Skidim catalog shows a circulation pump for a L.T.R. engine for $94.99. Great people to buy from. You can call them at 1-803-345-0996. I have been buying from them for over 14 years without any problems.

Thrall
02-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Is there any difference between marine and auto water circ pumps? I don't think they are marine specific like many parts on a boat are, unless they have some stainless steel parts that are otherwise mild steel in a auto application.
Either way, jsut get the pump from Skidim. Can't be much more $ than a pump from the auto parts store and their service is exceptional.

MIMC
02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks gents! Will order it up this weekend!

jdhunt0
03-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Something to check while you are in there is to see if you have the updated alt. brackets. Mine did not and I went through a pump every year until I replaced them.

rem_pss308
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
When My circulation pump went out. I took it to NAPA, and they matched it,. But if I hadnt had it out. I would have got it from SKIDIM.com

JLMax16
05-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Do you know what the Napa part number is? I'm leaving for Havasu in the morning and when I fired the boat up today, the recirc pump is rattling and the pulley wiggles. I don't want to have to pull it off to take it in and match it. On the side of my pump it's stamped 10108455. I have the LTR 330.

mgs96ps
05-24-2013, 08:19 AM
10108455 is the GM part number. Google number and view on images tab and you should be able to confirm part. Napa will be able to easily cross reference the GM number.

JimN
05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
The OEM pumps will work, but if you can, you might want to look for a Sierra replacement- they have seals made for use in fresh water rather than coolant and they tend to last longer.