PDA

View Full Version : X55 Owners Speak Up!

Huskie05
02-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Ok gang, first of all, not new to boating, new to MasterCraft. My family is really fired up about wakeboarding and surfing behind a truely great boat. I feel safe having them behind this boat. I would love to hear from other X55 owners, goods, the bads, whatever. Our boat is being built right now, I find myseld wandering the house in excitement at 2am. Give it to me, what's up with this boat?!

I know we bought quality, I can tell that from all the great people talking about thier MasterCrafts.

CantRepeat
02-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Ok gang, first of all, not new to boating, new to MasterCraft. My family is really fired up about wakeboarding and surfing behind a truely great boat. I feel safe having them behind this boat. I would love to hear from other X55 owners, goods, the bads, whatever. Our boat is being built right now, I find myseld wandering the house in excitement at 2am. Give it to me, what's up with this boat?!

I know we bought quality, I can tell that from all the great people talking about thier MasterCrafts.

Can't tell you about the boat but the 2am wanderings... nothing wrong with that. ;)

Huskie05
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Feels like I have major issues. I am sure the boat is fine, just wanted to hear from owners or people close to the source about this boat. I grew up on a MC way back in the day in Big Bear Lake, I always knew I would own one when I could afford it. My wife loves to ski, so I wonder at 30mph how the ski wake is? I cannot ask enough questions about this boat, the dealership is sick of me, so I had to lay off until the boat arrives.

MIskier
02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
First of all great choice of boat company! The 55 is a great boat for big water, and has one of the best turn key wakes, ie no more ballast than stock needed. The 55 is a very large boat with a fairly deep deadrise at the transom so it really isnt intended for skiing, if your wife is just looking to make nice easy cuts she would be fine, but if she is an aggressive skier the wake will be far to big to cross with any type of angle...you could always start her on wake skiing though!

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 12:23 AM
First of all great choice of boat company! The 55 is a great boat for big water, and has one of the best turn key wakes, ie no more ballast than stock needed. The 55 is a very large boat with a fairly deep deadrise at the transom so it really isnt intended for skiing, if your wife is just looking to make nice easy cuts she would be fine, but if she is an aggressive skier the wake will be far to big to cross with any type of angle...you could always start her on wake skiing though!

Thank you MI, we are good at best behind the boat, far from experts. Now on snow, we can hold our own. I think we are going to love the boat. We are at Lake Powell a lot, so big water is what we had in mind.

MIskier
02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Thank you MI, we are good at best behind the boat, far from experts. Now on snow, we can hold our own. I think we are going to love the boat. We are at Lake Powell a lot, so big water is what we had in mind.

Big water is what that boat is really great with...you will be very pleased with your purchase! Did you get the boat with the ilmor engine?

Cmpdman
02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
That's great!!! Adrenaline is pumping! Now the wait for summer. When will your boat be delivered? I just sold an 08 x45 & went with 11 x55. Still working on the Bimini. We did the indmar 6.2 supercharged. I still wonder about that with the new ilmor engines. Mainly service/reliability , etc. what colors did you go with! Keep us posted and good luck sleeping!!!!

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Big water is what that boat is really great with...you will be very pleased with your purchase! Did you get the boat with the ilmor engine?

We did get the supercharged V8, we are pumped....

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 01:36 AM
That's great!!! Adrenaline is pumping! Now the wait for summer. When will your boat be delivered? I just sold an 08 x45 & went with 11 x55. Still working on the Bimini. We did the indmar 6.2 supercharged. I still wonder about that with the new ilmor engines. Mainly service/reliability , etc. what colors did you go with! Keep us posted and good luck sleeping!!!!

Boat will be here in Utah mid March they told us. Hopefully they are working on our Bimini as well, have not see what they look like with the new power tower. We did go with the 6.2 supercharged as well, this boat should jump on plane. I think the 6.2 will be fine, its been a proven engine in the car, so hopefully it translates to the water. Went with the black slider, and the turn bouy orange. The hull is white, and the front side is white, only the back is black and the next stripe is orange. the interior is like the Parks boat, it will look awesome. How about your boat, what colors? Utah Water Sports was just awesome, very good people, all of them. I don't have my boat yet, and already very proud to own a MasterCraft....

I really think the indmar engine will be great, what are your thoughts? We are so excited to go boating that we will go down early april to Lake Mead and turn her lose down there. I need time getting to know all the new features, like the water tanks, ne reverse steering, etc.... I just can't wait to hit that throttle and feel the power. We are ready...

SkiDog
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Boat will be here in Utah mid March they told us. Hopefully they are working on our Bimini as well, have not see what they look like with the new power tower. We did go with the 6.2 supercharged as well, this boat should jump on plane. I think the 6.2 will be fine, its been a proven engine in the car, so hopefully it translates to the water. Went with the black slider, and the turn bouy orange. The hull is white, and the front side is white, only the back is black and the next stripe is orange. the interior is like the Parks boat, it will look awesome. How about your boat, what colors? Utah Water Sports was just awesome, very good people, all of them. I don't have my boat yet, and already very proud to own a MasterCraft....

I really think the indmar engine will be great, what are your thoughts? We are so excited to go boating that we will go down early april to Lake Mead and turn her lose down there. I need time getting to know all the new features, like the water tanks, ne reverse steering, etc.... I just can't wait to hit that throttle and feel the power. We are ready...

Ya'll sound like a kid on Christmas Eve! Congrats!

JohnE
02-16-2011, 10:04 AM
X55 is awesome. Great wakeboard and surf wake. Ski wake not so much.

MIskier
02-16-2011, 10:22 AM

The LSA is a great engine, I spent some time around it this past summer, the only downside to it is that it is a premium fuel only engine.

coz
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
have not see what they look like with the new power tower.

Sorry bout the pic quality, I got this from my friend Zane Schwenk on fb, he's the best of the best on a wakeboard but his photography needs work :D Hope you enjoy the new ride dude, you gonna be using it up in Big Bear?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182964_10150098372066382_763406381_6078683_2526266 _n.jpg

ShawnB
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Looks great... Love the X25 in the background with red/black/silver flake too.

coz
02-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks great... Love the X25 in the background with red/black/silver flake too.

This one?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183119_10150098375046382_763406381_6078744_4554055 _n.jpg

ShawnB
02-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Hard to say -- I'm not sure I could take a picture that blurry if I was trying! :D

scott023
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
The 55 is a wicked boat. Congrats on the purchase.

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry bout the pic quality, I got this from my friend Zane Schwenk on fb, he's the best of the best on a wakeboard but his photography needs work :D Hope you enjoy the new ride dude, you gonna be using it up in Big Bear?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182964_10150098372066382_763406381_6078683_2526266 _n.jpg

mostly Lake Powell, Lake Mead, and local Utah lakes. I imagine we will get to Big Bear sometime soon. We also want to go to Lake Tahoe. Have boat will travel. Where do you boat?

coz
02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
mostly Lake Powell, Lake Mead, and local Utah lakes. I imagine we will get to Big Bear sometime soon. We also want to go to Lake Tahoe. Have boat will travel. Where do you boat?

I'm a SoCal native that's been out here in the Phoenix area for 5 years enjoying the 6 wonderful lakes in this area and I also have a house on the river in Parker, my avatar is the view from my front porch at the river.

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm a SoCal native that's been out here in the Phoenix area for 5 years enjoying the 6 wonderful lakes in this area and I also have a house on the river in Parker, my avatar is the view from my front porch at the river.

Awesome, I was just in Phoenix last week. Friend of mine has a killer place in Superstition Mountain. Wife and I were wondering about the boating in that area. Actually thinking about looking at property out there, good deals going on right now. I am a Southern Cal native as well, but with all the outdoor activities we like to do (ski, boat, dirt bikes, fish) it's a lot easier to do them in Utah. I travel for a living, so I can live any place, as long as there is an airport near me. Plus, living in Utah I get to have killer toys, no million dollar mortgage on a 2300 sq foot home.

My avatar is living on a lake, with a killer dock. The lake is big, deep enough to run the MC, but its electric only. The ramp to the lake is right around the corner, when I sell I will be dumping my boat in and blasting music and freaking everyone on the lake out. Sucks lookig at killer water in the back yard, knowing I can't use it....

TallRedRider
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM

I assume you are in Northern Utah? I live in St. George. Shoot me a private message sometime if you want to hit the lakes down here or go for a dirt bike ride. We ride dirt bikes in the winter here, boat in the summer. I will be running the Rhino Rally race in 10 days, pretty stoked about that. There are some great desert runs right out my front door.

I have not heard much talk about the wakeboarding wake on the 55. Would be interested to hear more. Surf wake appears legendary. Some roofus sunk his brand new X55 on Sand Hollow reservior last summer here in a violent storm...beware of buying a barely used one unless you are sure of the history. There also was a 45 and a Malibu that sunk on the same day...it was a pretty bad storm, but pilot error was the main culprit.

Huskie05
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I assume you are in Northern Utah? I live in St. George. Shoot me a private message sometime if you want to hit the lakes down here or go for a dirt bike ride. We ride dirt bikes in the winter here, boat in the summer. I will be running the Rhino Rally race in 10 days, pretty stoked about that. There are some great desert runs right out my front door.

I have not heard much talk about the wakeboarding wake on the 55. Would be interested to hear more. Surf wake appears legendary. Some roofus sunk his brand new X55 on Sand Hollow reservior last summer here in a violent storm...beware of buying a barely used one unless you are sure of the history. There also was a 45 and a Malibu that sunk on the same day...it was a pretty bad storm, but pilot error was the main culprit.

Will do that, that is on our list to do at Sand Hallow. that must have been one helll of a storm to sink and X55. Did they have it tied up wrong? Unreal. I would love to come ride down there with you. I am a great rider, but not all world, so I would be sucking up your dirt I am sure. A Powell trip might be in order.

coz
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Awesome, I was just in Phoenix last week. Friend of mine has a killer place in Superstition Mountain. Wife and I were wondering about the boating in that area. Actually thinking about looking at property out there, good deals going on right now. I am a Southern Cal native as well, but with all the outdoor activities we like to do (ski, boat, dirt bikes, fish) it's a lot easier to do them in Utah. I travel for a living, so I can live any place, as long as there is an airport near me. Plus, living in Utah I get to have killer toys, no million dollar mortgage on a 2300 sq foot home.

My avatar is living on a lake, with a killer dock. The lake is big, deep enough to run the MC, but its electric only. The ramp to the lake is right around the corner, when I sell I will be dumping my boat in and blasting music and freaking everyone on the lake out. Sucks lookig at killer water in the back yard, knowing I can't use it....

If you like dirtbike riding, this place blows Cali away, it's thousands of miles of desert with no such thing as green & red stickers plus you can get your dit toys street legal out here if you like and just drive them to the dirt instead of trailering. Here's the lakes we have out here.

http://www.saguarolakemarina.com/

http://www.canyonlakemarina.com/

http://www.apachelake.com/

http://www.rlmaz.com/ This one's huge.

http://bartlettlake.com/

http://www.azmarinas.com/PleasantHarbor/ This is another huge one.

The closest one to me is Saguaro about 20 minutes from the house and the furthest is Roosevelt about 2 1/2 hours away.

TallRedRider
02-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Will do that, that is on our list to do at Sand Hallow. that must have been one helll of a storm to sink and X55. Did they have it tied up wrong? Unreal. I would love to come ride down there with you. I am a great rider, but not all world, so I would be sucking up your dirt I am sure. A Powell trip might be in order.

The storm was terrible, in their defense, but this is only a 1300 acre lake. They probably made the first mistake of thinking they were unsinkable on a small lake. Nose up into the waves was all that was really needed. Even a 55 can take water being broadsided by 4-5 foot waves.

We could probably load up a few dirt bikes in your 55 and still have room for people...:D

I am not even a great rider. Some guys in my neighborhood (who are great riders) got me into the sport. I love the exercise, the scenery, and the speed, but I do have a general fear of breaking my neck, so it really slows me down. Plus I am too tall to reall fit on a dirt bike. I am like the fat kid gym rat that loves basketball...I am no good, but have a love for the sport.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0V0FLv-RwqM9rXCACYkhjb_FYBL2CYdJBgZAXtMbsUzhVNUYYPQ

Huskie05
02-17-2011, 08:11 PM
The storm was terrible, in their defense, but this is only a 1300 acre lake. They probably made the first mistake of thinking they were unsinkable on a small lake. Nose up into the waves was all that was really needed. Even a 55 can take water being broadsided by 4-5 foot waves.

We could probably load up a few dirt bikes in your 55 and still have room for people...:D

I am not even a great rider. Some guys in my neighborhood (who are great riders) got me into the sport. I love the exercise, the scenery, and the speed, but I do have a general fear of breaking my neck, so it really slows me down. Plus I am too tall to reall fit on a dirt bike. I am like the fat kid gym rat that loves basketball...I am no good, but have a love for the sport.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0V0FLv-RwqM9rXCACYkhjb_FYBL2CYdJBgZAXtMbsUzhVNUYYPQ

They sound like they might have been new boat owners as well, who knows.
Sounds like we are on the same riding level, we should hit the trails sometime. I am 6'4", I am big for my 450X, but oh well. That's why I need an X55, can't fit in anything else. :)

TallRedRider
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
They sound like they might have been new boat owners as well, who knows.
Sounds like we are on the same riding level, we should hit the trails sometime. I am 6'4", I am big for my 450X, but oh well. That's why I need an X55, can't fit in anything else. :)
Sorry I have hijacked the thread from X55 information.

Funny. I have a 450X also. I have it all modded out to help with my height, 6'9". Tall bars, tall seat, lowered footpegs, tall riser/stabilizer. Love that bike.

Huskie05
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Sorry I have hijacked the thread from X55 information.

Funny. I have a 450X also. I have it all modded out to help with my height, 6'9". Tall bars, tall seat, lowered footpegs, tall riser/stabilizer. Love that bike.

How cool is that? Glad we ran into each other. 6'9"! where did you play basketball in college? I played football a long time ago at Northern Illinois University. I need to get my 450x worked on, it runs great, just need to get the suspension dialed in for my weight. These bikes were made for little guys, us heavier guys need the HD springs. We are excited to have the x55 coming, a lot to learn from our last boat, but we will get it dialed in. I have boated my entire life, started on an MC back when I was 8.

TallRedRider
02-18-2011, 01:15 PM
How cool is that? Glad we ran into each other. 6'9"! where did you play basketball in college? I played football a long time ago at Northern Illinois University. I need to get my 450x worked on, it runs great, just need to get the suspension dialed in for my weight. These bikes were made for little guys, us heavier guys need the HD springs. We are excited to have the x55 coming, a lot to learn from our last boat, but we will get it dialed in. I have boated my entire life, started on an MC back when I was 8.

Private Message sent.

Just cuz I am tall, you assumed that I play basketball? ;):D

Cmpdman
02-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Have you found any good material on the new engine? I've found several articles and have been collecting them, but I ll need to wait for lake testing to really compare the engines.... Can't wait for summer!