PDA

View Full Version : 09 X Star and another ballast question??

turbosdad
02-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Had 08 X2 and installed fitted fly high sacs in the rear compartments and bow. Plumbed them to the overflow of the hard tanks and reset pump timers to 6 minutes. Always filled and emptied, no problem.

Just bought new 09 Star. Can this boat be done the same way?? If so has any one done a show and tell post?? Not sure how to do front bags as there are two of them??

Thanks in advance

skeeler
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Best best go with the Fly High System with the valves. Here is my install on my '08 X-Star.
http://www.lockituponline.com/08-x-star-fly-high/index.htm?detectflash=false&

jason@wakemakers.com
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
In terms of ballast upgrades, the X2 you had and the X-Star you now have are essentially identical. The Fly High upgrade system skeeler installed is available for both boats, or you can fill additional ballast from the overflow of the hard tanks as you did in your X2.

The only difference between the X-Star and the X2 is that you'll need to split the output of the KGB tank to fill both bow bags if you use the same overflow method you did on your X2. You can view the layout for the connection of the bow bags on our page for the Fly High Mastercraft X-Star Ballast Upgrade (http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-mastercraft-x-star-wakeboard-ballast-system.html), just click on the second image under More Views.

If you need help getting together a parts list of everything you need for this upgrade just let us know. It will be mostly similar to the X2, with a few additions and modifications to account for the pair of bow bags.

turbosdad
02-17-2011, 12:09 AM
jason, appreciate it. hear nothing but positives about you and Wakemakers. How do you feel about going with the overflow? That would be my first choice as far as cost and ease. i will PM you........

Robert

jason@wakemakers.com
02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

There are pros and cons to both setups, but we're absolutely 100% ok with overflowing into the bags, as that's how all of our Mastercraf Piggyback products are setup to function.