PDA

View Full Version : Ipod in '06 X2

Duane D
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi all. I got my first Mastercraft last fall with the factory Clarion stereo and I wonder if any of you know if there is an adaptor to hook an ipod into it easily. I am not sure the model of the stereo, but it is an '06 X2 if that helps. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

ShawnB
02-14-2011, 10:52 AM
One option: there should be composite leads (red/white) coming out of the back of the head unit that power the AUX input. From there you can connect a wire to either the headphone jack or the iPod 30-pin connector. You will still have to use the iPod to change songs but it's a cheap and easy solution.

edit: this is the type of cable I was speaking of: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2

CantRepeat
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I think you should have an Aux in already. On my 06 it was in the glove box.

Granite_33
02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I bought one of these. It works great. The leads connect to the R/W Aux in the back of my head unit. CMD4 I think is what I have. One nice thing about this is that the sound output is constant and is not controlled from the Ipod.

The length of the cord is about 4ft.

Company name is Nykos.

Also, after I put the boat away, I take the cord and connect my Ipod to my Yamaha home stereo.

Cheers.

Duane D
02-14-2011, 11:32 AM
You know, I never even thought to look in the glove box to see if there was an aux hookup. I just assumed there would not be one. Maybe I shoulda checked on that before posting!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I like the RCA cable adaptor to the 30 pin if there isn't an input already. Looks like that will work well.

Is it spring yet?

CantRepeat
02-14-2011, 11:35 AM
You know, I never even thought to look in the glove box to see if there was an aux hookup. I just assumed there would not be one. Maybe I shoulda checked on that before posting!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I like the RCA cable adaptor to the 30 pin if there isn't an input already. Looks like that will work well.

Is it spring yet?

In the 70s next Sat and there is no forecast for freezing the rest of the month. I'm pretty sure the boat will get summerized this week so we can at least go for a day ride and some lunch. :D

TXMC-06X2
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
My 06 X2 does not have an aux hookup in the glove box, but ou should have a plug-in jack below your throttle next to the 12V plug in. Then all you would need is an insert cable to plug your ipod into the the aux jack. So then while your driving your ipod will be right beside you and you wont have to get into the glove box to change songs. This is the type of cable you will need....CHEAP

6-Ft. Shielded Cable, 1/8" Plug to 1/8" Plug - $4.99 - You can also get them in different lengths. I believe there is a 1 footer, 3 footer, and a 6 footer.

bobx1
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
My 06 X2 does not have an aux hookup in the glove box, but ou should have a plug-in jack below your throttle next to the 12V plug in...

That is where it is on my 07 X1.

Thrall
02-14-2011, 12:45 PM
My 06 X2 does not have an aux hookup in the glove box, but ou should have a plug-in jack below your throttle next to the 12V plug in. Then all you would need is an insert cable to plug your ipod into the the aux jack. So then while your driving your ipod will be right beside you and you wont have to get into the glove box to change songs. This is the type of cable you will need....CHEAP

6-Ft. Shielded Cable, 1/8" Plug to 1/8" Plug - $4.99 - You can also get them in different lengths. I believe there is a 1 footer, 3 footer, and a 6 footer.

Not all of the boats have a plug in the glove box or by the drivers side. Mine didn't come with one.
For last year I just got a RCA to 1/8" plug and used the headphone jack ont he Ipod. It worked ok, but not the best sound quality or volume. Going to get one of the adapters like Granite posted.

Duane D
02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
In the 70s next Sat and there is no forecast for freezing the rest of the month. I'm pretty sure the boat will get summerized this week so we can at least go for a day ride and some lunch. :D

I KNOW!! I'm fighting the temptation to pull the boat out of the barn and de-winterize right now. Mother nature is such a tease. Too bad its gonna get cold again before it warms up for good.