PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft Speaker Mount Mod?

j4rowell
02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Anyone know of any way to utilize the stock mounts on a newer MC tower but angle the speakers outwards a tad to shoot sound outside the wake? It will be the wetsounds pro60's thanks to chatt's help tracking a pair down.

Wetsounds makes a swivel mount but the rep told me they don't work all that well with the MC towers seeing the stock bracket gets in the way, therefore they don't swivel without pointing downward.

CantRepeat
02-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Can you take some photos of the mounts and the place on the tower you want to mount them?

j4rowell
02-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Sure... It's just the stock tower mounts on the newer x2's... I'll have to get over to my storage unit this week sometime.

TallRedRider
02-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Anyone know of any way to utilize the stock mounts on a newer MC tower but angle the speakers outwards a tad to shoot sound outside the wake? It will be the wetsounds pro60's thanks to chatt's help tracking a pair down.

Wetsounds makes a swivel mount but the rep told me they don't work all that well with the MC towers seeing the stock bracket gets in the way, therefore they don't swivel without pointing downward.

I am not sure that I believe that. Was it the MC rep or the Wetsounds rep that told you that? I have speakers that are mounted to the tower (and I have the same tower as you) and there is no reason at all that you could not put a standard Wetsounds mount on the tower tube and still angle it out a little bit.

Are you sure that the dispersion of the Pro 60 is not going to reach outside the wake? I think you will find that it will disperse out there just fine on the stock MC mount anyway.

j4rowell
02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I am not sure that I believe that. Was it the MC rep or the Wetsounds rep that told you that? I have speakers that are mounted to the tower (and I have the same tower as you) and there is no reason at all that you could not put a standard Wetsounds mount on the tower tube and still angle it out a little bit.

Are you sure that the dispersion of the Pro 60 is not going to reach outside the wake? I think you will find that it will disperse out there just fine on the stock MC mount anyway.

Thanks for the insight. I'll probably just toss my first pair of 60's on then and see how they disperse outside the wake.

It was the wetsounds rep that I was talking too. Omar is his name.

EarmarkMarine
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
All speakers will have a narrowing polar pattern as the frequency increases and the distance increases. But, an HLCD like the WetSounds can project the distance while a conventional speaker cannot. Give it a try.
If you're not satisfied, a simple 1/2-inch thick aluminum spacer will facilitate four countersunk pass-thrus and four threaded holes of offsetting patterns. This should allow the outside speakers to fan outwards a little. Its probably nothing that a router table, drill press and tap set won't remedy.

David
Earmark Marine

TallRedRider
02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the insight. I'll probably just toss my first pair of 60's on then and see how they disperse outside the wake.

It was the wetsounds rep that I was talking too. Omar is his name.

Omar has forgotten more about those speakers than I know...

I think the real key is to have more of them:D:D and do what David at earmark says.

j4rowell
02-16-2011, 10:52 PM
All speakers will have a narrowing polar pattern as the frequency increases and the distance increases. But, an HLCD like the WetSounds can project the distance while a conventional speaker cannot. Give it a try.
If you're not satisfied, a simple 1/2-inch thick aluminum spacer will facilitate four countersunk pass-thrus and four threaded holes of offsetting patterns. This should allow the outside speakers to fan outwards a little. Its probably nothing that a router table, drill press and tap set won't remedy.

David
Earmark Marine

Exactly what I was going to try. Thanks guys!