PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover Finished

UofU2727
02-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, after we decided to keep the boat, we had a new boat cover made. I like it alot and hope the front will be protected during the trip back east. Here are a few picts of the new cover.

Covi
02-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Excellant job. So nice to see an owner that cares!!!! Safe trip East......

kyfooter
02-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I hope it works out. Covers that I have seen to protect the bow follow the hull itself, so wind doesn't rip apart the cover. Might want to consider rock guard for your tow vehicle if you're worried. That is one serious wrap though. Best of luck.

samgreazy
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Why not just shrink wrap it?? Good job on the cover though

03geetee
02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
God speed!

JTR

Cloaked
02-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Why not just shrink wrap it?? Good job on the cover thoughI'd do the same. I have seen more than one cover tear in the wind while trailering. That's a lot of cover no tto pick up wind. Just sayin'.

CantRepeat
02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I'd do the same. I have seen more than one cover tear in the wind while trailering. That's a lot of cover no tto pick up wind. Just sayin'.

Well with the way it's built hopefully he wont have any issues.

Cloaked
02-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Well with the way it's built hopefully he wont have any issues.Quite the opposite in my opinion. It's an air trap. I know only too much from losing a nice cover and seeing other friends make the same mistake. Hopefully it will make it in one piece.

Best of luck!...

CantRepeat
02-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Quite the opposite in my opinion. It's an air trap. I know only too much from losing a nice cover and seeing other friends make the same mistake. Hopefully it will make it in one piece.

Best of luck!...

I'm not a naval engineer so I would not know. Ask that other dude.

sethro
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey be sure to secure anything that can flap around and strike the boat...especially the ends of those straps. Perhaps even saran wrap those really good to provide a "bumper" to the gelcoat.

CantRepeat
02-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey be sure to secure anything that can flap around and strike the boat...especially the ends of those straps. Perhaps even saran wrap those really good to provide a "bumper" to the gelcoat.

Could zip tie the tail ends to the straps.

Barefooter92
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Awesome job. You should have no trouble with that set up. Glad too see you are keepnig the classic!

I would tape or tie wrap those ends like CantRepeat suggested. Also carry a spare tire and check your lights. Head east young man. Not too soon though we are expecting freezing rain sunday and a mid week warm up so the roads are due to get sloppy this week!

CantRepeat
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I forgot, where are you moving to?

UofU2727
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Buffalo, NY. However, the boat is going to MD where my parents are going to store it for the rest of the winter until I get a house. The cover is nice and tight, thanks for the suggestions, I'm getting zip ties in the morning. Then it's off to MD, then NY. Work starts in a week or so. Thanks everyone for the advice. I towed the with the cover on this morning and it didn't move a bit. The shop here did an excellent job and stand behind their work. So much so if it rips they will fix it with a new one, all I have to do is ship it to them for a remake.

CantRepeat
02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
One more idea.

You may want to get some soft towels, wash them a few times and put them under the cover folded up at the points the cover is very tight on the boat. Canvas might be a little tough on the boat compared to soft towels.

CantRepeat
02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh and good luck on your travels, be safe.

TOO-TALL
02-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Good idea wrapping the trailer.
I like the towel idea too.
I've also seen people take a medium size beach ball and put it in the bow under the cover.The ball keeps the cover up and from colapsing(sp)