PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reunion on Dale Hollow Lake, Tenn

wgwollet
02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Any interest in a reunion on Dale Hollow Lake in June, July or August 2011?

wgwollet
02-11-2011, 03:56 PM
We can also tour the MC factory? Best lake and cleanest lake east of the Mississippi.

B-rad
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Ive never been to a reunion, however I am on Dale Hollow almost every weekend, let me know Well be there.

willyt
02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm up in cincinnati, but have been to dale hollow a few times, love that place. I'd be down.

MCVOLS
02-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm in Knoxville, but the few times I have been on Dale Hollow have been great. A reunion would be a great reason to go again.

ski/hunt
02-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Dale Hollow is on the list of first to be visited this spring...when? and where is a campground that can accommodate 40ft motorhome? Given enough time to plan and I'm in!!

ShamrockIV
02-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I can drag mine over from center hill for a weekend!

93Prostar190
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM
This is interesting ... I am normally a Norris Lake guy once or twice a Summer and I am one of the MC'ers that helped put together the Buckeye Bash last year for our little reunion up here ... if WillyT is going then I am interested ... Mid-to-end of July work best for me.

August we have Buckeye Bash in Ohio ... Very interested .... try to involve a local dealer and some more folks .... the fun will come with all the great MC owners that will attend.

Good luck, keep us posted, maybe you can get this off the ground.

TOO-TALL
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Dale Hollow my favorite lake.
Have a week long houseboat trip planed the last week of July.

Once you guys gets the dates set I might make it.

wgwollet
02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Lets keep the interests coming in please. I will document the action. We can look at July as a date or August. July fourth is too much, lets look at from mid-July thru August. Anybody, that has never been to Dale Hollow lake you must put it on your must do list.

The lake is managed by the Corp of Engineers and TWA. It is very clean (water shed is all rural forests or no-farming) and perfect for MC because there are many, many long coves to ski and wakeboard with many times your the only boat. The lake is 45,000 acres, with NO houses anywhere on the lake itself.

I think there is one house maybe that is there before the lake was made. Google Dale Hollow, Tenn for information. I have been going there since 1985, there are 12 marinas on the lake plus the KY side (2/3 lake in Tenn, 1/3 lake in KY) has a state park and golf course. The whole area is somewhat remote and makes a great nature preserve.

I like Star Point Marina in Byrdstown, TN 38549. It is managed well with very nice cabins resonable and a water front camp grounds for a 40 foot camper.......

Keep the ideas going, report back later......

KnoxX2
02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I am a Norris guy also, but wouldn't mind a trip to Dale Hollow! My question is where would everyone stay? I rent a house on Norris every year, but if there are no house on Dale Hollow then guess we would all stay at marinas. You need to talk to Ryan at Mastercraft of Knoxville. I know he would be interested in getting involved. I talked to him last year about doing something on Norris and he said he would be up for it. keep us posted!!!!

wgwollet
02-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Hello KnoxX2

Sorry about the confusion.....when I say no houses right on the lake I mean no private houses like you have at Norris Lake. I see why you go to Norris its close to Knoxville, but I been on Norris too, great lake but not as nice as Dale Hollow.......you Tenn folk are blessed with very nice lakes..

With that being said, all 12 Marinas have cabins for rent plus many places to just camp if you wish, nice covered boat slips at most Marinas. I am suggesting Star Point, they specilaize in cabins and nice docks and camping......very little house boat rentals at Star Point, but gee, we just need a place to have a BBQ or get together and this would be a nice location. People can stay where ever........

I do not know that guy at the MasterCraft dealer you spoke of.......could you run it by him?
I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and go to Dale Hollow a lot.......

Bill Wollet

wgwollet
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Another thought:

Ski/Hunt, there is a nice camp grounds at Star Point. Your 40 foot camper would be OK there. We can also get more sites, its a neat place right on the lake (only about 18 camp sites). We could then use that as a central place to have a fire and BBQ or ?????. Anybody not wanting to camp, just rent a cabin. The cabins come with a boat slip I think. They charge about $13/day for boat slips that are covered and about 30 feet long. I have a MC 230 and its fine for that. The cabins rent from $80-170/night depending on size. Some are 1 bedroom to 6 bedroom. The campsites I think are $18/night?

Later

87PS190
02-20-2011, 02:15 PM
We've been doing houseboat trips to Dale Hollow for 20 years or more. Love the place!
I'd do my best to hit it when the dates are set.
Hello from Indy Bill!

wgwollet
02-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Here is Star Points website.....on Dale Hollow Lake, Byrdstown, Tenn.

http://www.starpointresort.com/

OHIOPRO205
02-20-2011, 02:49 PM
We have been going to DHL and staying at Star Point for quite a few years now and Nathan and his team down there are top notch!!! The only problem that I see with it all is most of his cabins are rented for the entire week in July and August. So... if you are doing something there better get it together soon. Sounds like fun to me. Have 3 weeks scheduled in July and August.

wgwollet
02-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, your right, maybe it would be tuff :mad:, but let me look at dates soon, and maybe I could call Nathan and see how many camp sites are available. I keep thinking camping sites might be easier to get plus its a place to meet and greet :).....then people could try to stay where ever they want.....I would have a least 1-3 days of activities at the camp site......we can have a fire at night and swap stories....hee hee :cool:.....we could then meet and have a ski tournament too, there are at least 2 ski pylons courses close.....plus the camp sites allow boats to be pulled up or morned right there, not needing a slip.

Every year the Cigar Boat Guys meet and go play on the yearly Poker Run....8p

Does anybody have a BBQ system? or ideas....

Bill Wollet
230 MC

OHIOPRO205
02-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I think the camp sites and that would be really nice place to have it. Plus, they have ice cream shop for kids!!!!! I know my 17 and 21 year olds like it!!!

KnoxX2
02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
What do you guys think about late Aug or some time the first 2 week of June?

ski/hunt
02-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Im in sounds great just need a date to plan ahead with. Wgwollet thanks for the heads up on the camping situation! In a few more warm weeks we will be checking it out! My crew will be the camping hub. I love camp-fire nights that's when the driver gets to rehydrate in quantity:)

wgwollet
02-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey everyone

Let's plan for Friday June 10 to Sunday June 12, 2011 at Star Point campsites, please just sign in and I will make a list.....Let's be flexible because picking a date is always not going to meet everybody's desire, but June is a great month plus we want to get started...

ski/hunt
02-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Will it matter that a poker run starts the 10th thru the 19th???

willyt
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm all for Dale Hollow, however scheduling this during the poker run would be a bad idea IMO. I'm all for the partying that comes with poker runs, but it'll be crowded and I get enough of the gofast boats and their drivers with undersize woinkers (joke guys... joke) on the ohio river all summer.

I'm sure I can get some of my crew from cincinnati to come down for the weekend... if its not during poker run...

wgwollet
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks WillyT :)

I forgot that the poker run on Dale Hollow Lake is from June 10-19.

We do not want to be near that :mad:......so last and final date is

June 3, 4, 5, 2011.......

If that doesn't work, then it doesn't work for all.......:D

Please move forward to save the date.......

More later.....:cool:

willyt
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
count me in then

ntidsl
02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
hey whats going on here...a reunion...wow...I really would love to come...That's not memorial day weekend is it? willy T dude...long time...

KnoxX2
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Nope thats the 30th of May!!!

willyt
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
whatssss up doug. I imagine your out there skiing already? Joe sent me a spreadsheet that detailed the water temp down there... 40 degrees?

Putting the heater in the boat this weekend. Already cleaned/waxed her... so i figure as soon as the air temp hits 60, i'll be out there too. dying to get out there

ntidsl
02-24-2011, 10:03 AM
my boat is ready to go but haven't been out yet and with this rain coming, crap...it will be a few weeks!!! oh well...cannot wait to see you guys cruise by this year...we'll make sure we get to hang out a bit...

wgwollet
02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Hello boaters, skiers and wake board lovers:

Please call Star Point Marina for

June 3, 4, 5, 2011 Campsites

This will be our Home Base of action

Lakeside09
02-27-2011, 05:59 PM
I am a local for Dale Hollow (so I may be a little partial)... Wakeboarding on the lake at least 2 times a week during the summer... Dale Hollow is the best... period. We put in at Sunset... it's the best Marina in my opinion. Boarding from Sunset to Eastport is the wakeboard/ski scene.... smooth water for 9 miles... Big camp ground and nice parking lots. The marina is awesome... great restaurant, and a really nice marina shop. Like I said I may be a little partial but everyone I have ever talked too really loves Sunset. I am good with anytime and any place...

wgwollet
02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Lakeside09

Sunset is very nice, but very busy. It lacks the ability to have a nice party by the lake. Of all the marinas on the lake it is very commercial and I find it a little pricy.

But again people can stay wherever, but if we constantly change the location we'll never get it organized. This is not a slam on you, its just everybody has there favorite place.

TOO-TALL
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I am a local for Dale Hollow .. Wakeboarding on the lake at least 2 times a week during the summer... Dale Hollow is the best... period.

Luck you...
I would love to live down there and ride DHL twice aweek.....I'm jealous.

ski/hunt
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Well we tried to reserve a spot last week at star point, they said they were booked for anything as long as our rig (with boat trailer and car). Wgwollet, if you have any "pull" with the owners/mgrs. Hook us up. My wife searched and called around and there must be a bike rally or something that weekend, couldn't find many spots so we are reserved at Lillydale. We will drive or boat to all the fun!

TEAL98
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
My uncle (that I rarely talk to anymore, unfortuanately) makes the trip down there for 2 weeks every year. Been going since I was in diapers (and I'm 25 now). I'll have to give him a ring, and see when he's going this year. He speaks VERY highly of Dale Hollow! According to him, it's damn near the best place to ski/rest/relax in the 48. I'll keep you guys posted, trips seem to be in July from what I recall. I know they rent a houseboat for their stay down there, and bring 2-3 ski boats amongst their group.

Lakeside09
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Sunset may be more commercial, but it got that way for a reason... It is the easiest place to trailer your boat into...Always clean... Nice Parking Lots... 3 boat ramps... You don't have a long curvy rd to get your boat to the lake... You are right the camp site is not as large as others, but it is not small either.We over look Mitchell Creek but I choose to put in at Sunset because I just like the atmosphere there better... I am cool with where ever you all want to go. :cool:

wgwollet
03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
It's planned for JUNE 3, 4, 5, 2011

That's the date........we must establish that now.

Talked with Nathan at Star Point and Ski/Hunt has a 40 foot motor home and Star Points camp sites do not have the 2/ 220 amp hookups like Lillydale.

Maybe Ski/Hunt can say something because I am not familiar with Lillydale camp site it is a state owned site. This could be ok, Star Point does have many sites for are date. If Ski/Hunt had a smaller rig or Nathan said you would need two sites to get all the power you need.

Updates to follow. Any questions

wgwollet
03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I understand why you like it, it's a cooler place. I am much older then you I am sure and it's nice.

But the main thing is meet and greet MC lovers then we can pack out and wake or ski and it would be cool trying different boats......BTW.....women too, of course.....

Did you ever wake outside Star at the three fingers? Great and early June has good water and less crowds.

Later

ski/hunt
03-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I can't help much about Lillydale we have never been there--yet. My wife did some phone and net work to find a place that we would fit with a ramp that would be close to star point. I hope to be at the Knoxville boat show next weekend and will talk to the American boat center crew to see if they may have any interest in being a part of this get together. Maybe bring some goodies, or something for us to check out/ride behind.

Wg thanks for checking again with star point to confirm we are to big for their accommodations

willyt
03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
sorry guys... must bow out. blew my ACL last weekend and I'll still be in hardcore therapy at this time

mjb100798
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Just wondering is this open to anyone? I'm down near Macon Ga, and have been interested in making to one MC reunion this year?

Thanks, Jay

ski/hunt
03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Come on!! Jay, all who can make it are allowed, bring friends!!

mjb100798
03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks Ski/Hunt, any idea on what the costs will be, is it primitive camping? I live down near Macon GA, so just trying to get an estimate for the 6hr drive...

Jay

wgwollet
03-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Jay

Hope to see your but there. Macon, GA is not far been to that town before. We need some more Southern Red Necks, where do you go down there?

Look at it this way FUN is not free, but get all you can before your six feet under.......

wgwollet
03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry willyt about ACL

Come on down anyway and shoot the breeze and drink some Miller.

mjb100798
03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
wgwollet, usually just to lake Tobosofkee in Macon buts its tiny, we head to down to Lake Martin every year for Aquapalooza though and its one of the best lakes around for the south IMO...clear water, good country music and great times...I'm working on selling my current 89 PS 190 and in the works to buy a 97 205 w/tower...hopefully I can make the haul up there to the reunion...

mjb100798
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Ok, need an update from you guys, has there been any decision as to where this is gonna be and do I need to reserve my spot now at a campground, I'm planning on just tenting it hopefully w/ a few buds of mine if i can talk them into going, shouldnt be hard if there's beer involved...by the way i've upgraded to the 97 205..so at least it'll be a little more roomy now...

jdhunt0
03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I would love to go. Got it on my calendar.

jdhunt0
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Is this 100%? I'm going to call and reserve a campsite tomorrow.

wgwollet
03-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Sorry

Have not been on lately......very busy.....its a go...

jdhunt0
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
The campground is full that weekend. What else is close?

mjb100798
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
there are still spots at Lilydale campground...not sure how far that will be from the reunion, but it looks real nice....

jdhunt0
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
there are still spots at Lilydale campground...not sure how far that will be from the reunion, but it looks real nice....

Thanks, it doesn't look to far by water. I'll call tomorrow.

mjb100798
03-28-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm in lot 62 and ski/me is in 61 both are on the water should be one or two available near that....if interested...Where abouts in the southeast are you?

Jay

jdhunt0
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm in lot 62 and ski/me is in 61 both are on the water should be one or two available near that....if interested...Where abouts in the southeast are you?

Jay

I'm in Western KY. Never been to Dale Hollow, but I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm in site 63.

mjb100798
03-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Great, looking forward to meeting some fellow mc owners...

wgwollet
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Hello Gang::D

and Ski/Hunt what is your site number?

Looks like a lot of guys are camping at Lilly Dale......which is OK. I went ahead and got a site too. It seems we could move the main center of action to Lilly Dale I called and still sites for June 3, 4, 5.....but I want to know who is at the Star Point Sites too...

Please report in on who got what site so I can make a log of Reunion MC Folks.....then we need to plan events......we will need fire wood for sure....:D

Bill

wgwollet
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Please call Lillydale campground at Dale Hollow Lake for the Reunion for June 3,4,5, 2011. Below is list as I know today......

Reserved:

wgwollet site#57
mjb100798 #62
ski/me #61
jdhunt0 #63
ski/hunt #??

mjb100798
03-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Sorry wgwollet, I mean ski/hunt is at 61...my bad...

mjb100798
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone else besides me and Ski/hunt bringing the kids? Just wondering...my daughter whos 12 will be even more excited to know if anyone else's offspring will be there...

Jay

mjb100798
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
where is starpoint from lilydale....cant seem to find it on the google maps...

B-rad
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Its almost straight across the lake from SPoint.

B-rad
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
just south of lilydale is countyline island across from it is the inlet to Spoint.

B-rad
03-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Ill be staying at Starpoint, for anyone interested "the corp of eng" has campsites all over the lake for free, you just have to reserve them. You have to carry all your gear out on a boat, or pontoon, but if your going to stay a while its worth the trouble. just a thought for anyone who would tent camp.

ski/hunt
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Good map on www.dalehollowlake.com. then look on the campground section. I will bring a good amount of wood. Also willing to share some venison steaks or some appetizer things I love (chunk of venison jalapeņo pepper jack cheese wrapped in bacon held by tooth pick)

mjb100798
03-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I love me some venison....and pretty much anything wrapped in bacon...

wgwollet
03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
B-Rad

Good, there are others at SPoint too, I will show up and meet you guys so we can have a central place to meet. What site #?

Also, Lillydale being a state site, does it allow booze? SPoint will allow booze no problem. I haven't been to a statevsite for awhile, maybe people bootleg the booze there?

Anyway, let's put our heads together on a gathering place., I did say Lillydale but don't care.

Lakeside09
03-31-2011, 07:37 PM
If your staying at Lillydale you may want to get all your stuff before you head down... there are two gas stations on the way once you get off of Hwy 111 or Hwy 52... locally owned. I would not recommend the gas at either station for our boats... Closest town will be Livingston with Grocery and such... which is about 20 miles from Lillydale campsite... and Willow Grove marina is just about 4 more miles down the road from LillyDale campsite (the road ends there)... probably 5-10 minutes by boat... then about 10 more minutes passed that on the water is Mitchell Creek Marina off Hwy 52 (Formerly known as Livingston Boat Dock) which has a nice restaurant. Also there is no gas station by road between Livingston and Mitchell Creek Marina which is about 12 miles apart...

If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a msg... we live here so I will try my best to help anyway I can.

mjb100798
03-31-2011, 08:06 PM
lakeside, does that mean we should fill up a few containers of petro before we get there? also, the website for lilydale states no alcoholic beverages, not as much fun if we cant relax after a day of riding with a cold one in hand.....anyone know how strict they are on this?

Lakeside09
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
If I were you I'd bring a few extra containers of gas... it would be cheaper than trailering your boat or driving back to town.

mjb100798
03-31-2011, 08:21 PM
ok, thanks

MCVOLS
04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
For those staying or have stayed at lillydale, where do you keep your boat overnight? Seems as if you tent camp out on the island, unless you have one on the protected side, you would be anchoring in an unprotected area?

mjb100798
04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I have spot 62, which is right on the water so i assume we can moore it there by our campsite...if someone knows elsewise can they let me know....

jdhunt0
04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I've never been to lillydale, but any other campsite I've kept it in the parking lot on a trailer.

wgwollet
04-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Yes, you can keep it moorned by your camp site, some people (not MC people) beach the boat.

There is a section that has no wake that it can be keep at, I never had good luck anchoring my boat in deep water. The lake is very deep in many places and not sure about that area.
Plus the bottom of the lake is rock in some areas and a anchor will not hold.

Then again some people have no trouble pulling out everyday. My buddy is so cheap he never paids for a covered dock because its $12/night on Dale Hollow. So his wife gets the truck and he loads the boat on every night. For me I like cover docks for what this MC costs us for sure.

But Lillydale is a state campsite so no covered docks.

Oh, I think there are some tie up docks to get back for a breather at the camp site.

wgwollet
04-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Lakeside

Are you coming to the shing ting?

Get gas at a good station in route......but there are 12 marinas on the lake with gas, never too far, problem like all lakes its about 50 cents more. But bring containers, we can make a night run to Livingston, TN......

Also, bring hard booze if you want it because its dry down there for hard stuff......I do not think anyboddy will hassel us on beer in a cooler......your allow to have it on the boat (not driver) and this lake needs NO SPOTTER, only a rear view mirror, driver, skier, if your just have two people.

Food, like Lakeside said, there are places to eat on lake and a good BBQ place......ice at any marina.....Starpoint has it all over across from us....

ski/hunt
04-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I've visited many state parks that are non-alcohol and put my drink of choice in a common cup and never had a problem. I think that the rule is there for hooligan's that are disruptive and loud at times others want rest--- then when they are busted the ranger's have grounds to boot them---MC people aren't that kind (except for those who buy a MC and want it to sound like a dragster and have it do 75mph----oh ya he even called himself hooligan:) ). This nice weather is getting me excited for the season!! I'm looking forward to meeting all those who are coming!

ski/hunt
04-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I sleep better if the boat is in a rented slip or on the trailer at the camp-site. It's nice to see the glow of the camp-fire dancing off the shine of the MC hull while having a few "barley pops" (since my drinking doesn't start till the boating is done.

MCVOLS
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the replies on the campsites / docking. I won't beach mine, and when I have camped before, will anchor it in a cove, but still feel much better in a slip or on trailer.

Lakeside09
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
@ wgwollet

I will be there...

FYI: Based on the government and their budget... unless they can pass one by April 9th Lillydale may be closed... Also hearing that alot of the state campsite areas may be divided up to the dock owners...

wgwollet
04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Hope the April 9 is worked out.

I agree Ski/Hunt about the barley pops...if your nice no hassle.

Guys, should we start another Thread to advertise more, so people will understand what we are planning?

Plus we need to assign names to our ID Handles.
I plan to trailer my boat at night, no big deal for me.

Good Lakeside, see ya there.

mjb100798
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Agreed we should start another thread on this...

mjb100798= Jay Broadus, USAF stationed at Robins AFB...

Cant wait to finally meet some fellow MC owners and hopefully pick up or give out a few tips on the pleasures of owning an MC...

JDH88
04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
At Dale Hollow 1-2 times a year for a house boat trip. Make sure to post solid dates. Im in.

JD
94 Prostar 190

JDH88
04-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Jay

I spent some time at Robins...check out Lake Tobasofkee just outside of Macon. Great lake not many Mc's though.

JD

mjb100798
04-12-2011, 08:14 AM
JDH88, already have, been going there for the last two years...only complaint is it's small and alot of jet skis....not too bad if you get early, everyone's still recovering from the night before...lol..looking forward to meeting you, you bringing the fam? kids?

Lakeside09
04-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Lillydale will be open next Friday April 22... :D

jdhunt0
05-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Looks like I wont be able to make it after all. :(

ski/hunt
05-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Come on jdhunto no bailing now!!... It's time to find more to come!!

jdhunt0
05-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Come on jdhunto no bailing now!!... It's time to find more to come!!

Sorry, I finish up with school this week. Then I have to take my car to MO to have some engine work done. The week after that I'll be in Vonore starting my summer job. :D

I would have to drive 5 hours home, pull both the camper and boat 3 hours back to the lake, then turn around and do it all again on Sunday.

I would love to come, I've never been to Dale Hollow, but I just have too much going on right now.

Lakeside09
05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Dale Hollow was flooded by all this rain over the last couple of weeks... they are letting the water out and it should all be back to normal by this coming week. Pretty excited about that.

The more people the better!

ski/hunt
05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Under two weeks!! The weather is summer like here in Tennessee. There hasn't been much chatter about this gathering! Soooo let's hear who's coming!?? I have asked many local people about Dale Hollow and heard nothing but great reviews. I even have a neighbor who had property on Norris a few years back and still preferred Dale Hollow. This trip will be our first visit, so very excited to check it out! There is still plenty of time for more people to make plans to be there. Several camp-grounds and state parks to stay at, and have to assume there are rentals and motels close also. Come on people what could be better than hanging with MC minded folks?? Every reunion I've been to has been a great time!

TLR67
05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
We stay at Eagle Cove every Year.. However this year we are treking over to Lake Norman in Charlotte...

ski/hunt
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Sooo your not coming then trl67!?!? Who who who is COMING??

mjb100798
05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I will be there, bringing the kid and a buddy with his kids...cant wait..

MCVOLS
05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Is there anything officially organized, or is it just more of a 'everybody come to one place' type deal?

ski/hunt
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Fun with boat and watersports people is the official event. (and after boating beer's!!!)

ski/hunt
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Come join us "cousin Jeff"-----I'd love a pull or two from your 197!!

Cousin_Jeff
06-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the invite. I had no idea that there was a major gathering planned when I posted my other thread. This will be my 37 consecutive summer on DHL. I love that place. I read through the thread but I am afraid I got lost. Can you summarize the plan? Looks like everyone is staying at Lillydale and then just boating from there? I will be not far from there at Eagle Cove. You just have to go by the Narrows and then towards Wolf River to get there. Hopefully we'll see some other MC's out there.

ski/hunt
06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
My summary is: Since the end of April the chatter on this reunion has "dried" up. My crew will be there at Lillydale and Mjb100798 will be coming from Macon with friend. First timers to Dale hollow---excited to compare it to Norris (neighbor of mine says there is not one in favor of DH). I will be looking for a course to continue my attempt at getting it @15off------My two youngsters love eating at lake access places----and plenty of "after boating" brews!! Gonna make a time of it !!

Lakeside09
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
The lake sure was nice this weekend.... it was def crowded, but I enjoy that because it always means it's summer time. Look forward to whatever is going to happen with this gathering. I will be willing to give anyone a pull that wants to wakeboard.

Cincymc
07-03-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.cincymc.com/2011/06/27/masterbash-2011/