PDA

View Full Version : Well I joined the group tonight!!!

bradamerry
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I finally joined the "another A$$HOLE with a Mastercraft tonight."

Brandy was in the boat and I was walking to the truck to back the trailer in. A guy with a BU wakesetter said, " is that a Moomba you have?" ( Like it doesn't say MASTERCRAFT on both sides and the BACK) So I said no a Mastercraft and he said, " I have a Malibu Wakesetter" in a starta$$ tone. So I said, " I WOULDN'T TELL ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So he left... :headbang:

bradamerry
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Farmer I called you 3 times to tell you we were going!!! :(

Farmer Ted
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Dang that sucks, you go to Black? We're going tomorrow night if the weather holds.

Did you get the ok to ski from the witch dr?

betsy&david Harrison
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I finally joined the "another A$$HOLE with a Mastercraft tonight."

Brandy was in the boat and I was walking to the truck to back the trailer in. A guy with a BU wakesetter said, " is that a Moomba you have?" ( Like it doesn't say MASTERCRAFT on both sides and the BACK) So I said no a Mastercraft and he said, " I have a Malibu Wakesetter" in a starta$$ tone. So I said, " I WOULDN'T TELL ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So he left... :headbang:

He was probably someone on the wakeside site too!
:woohoo:

bradamerry
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Dang that sucks, you go to Black? We're going tomorrow night if the weather holds.

Did you get the ok to ski from the witch dr?
Black and I am the driver, no sking or golf or anything for two weeks.... :rant:

lakes Rick
07-15-2005, 01:04 AM
I am proud of you brother... Get a sticker made......

bradamerry
07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
I am proud of you brother... Get a sticker made......
Somebody make me a sticker!!! :banana:

sizzler
07-15-2005, 08:39 AM
brad...i became one of those back in '95 with my barefoot 200......never looked back :banana:

tex
07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
10 years from now-His boat will look like a Moomba-Ours will still be MASTERCRAFT! Somebody buy Brad a beer! Right on brother!

LakePirate
07-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Sick Moves Brad, Sick Moves.
:toast:

Footin
07-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Next time you see him, say: Hey I really like those shorts your wearing, do they sell mens clothes were got them???

BriEOD
07-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Your my hero Brad... :worthy:

:purplaugh

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-15-2005, 10:47 AM
You friggin RULE Brad!!! :toast:

I have to say I am not the arrogant type person, but I had to admit I like to show off the MC. The cool part is I am very impressed at the amount of NON skiers that respect the name. I mean some arent even boat enthusiasts. When I mention I own a Mastercraft, their responses are usually very good. They respect the name. They know what it means, they know the "weight" the name carries with it. My buddies tease me because I am now one of those "snobby Mastercraft owners". :purplaugh They say I have to get my nose out of the air and speak to "regular" boat owners. :cool: Its funny. Hey, I am proud of my MC. I have wanted one for YEARS. Its been a life dream for me, and I am darn proud of my boat.

So, how do I get to join the "Mastercraft A**hole" club?? Where do I submit my application....? ;)

07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Next time you see him, say: Hey I really like those shorts your wearing, do they sell mens clothes were got them???

:purplaugh Oooo, good one my friend, good one.

Or how bout this one when you see the moomba guy again.... "Hey thats a nice boat, you better get it back to the circus before they find out its gone." :cool:

east tx skier
07-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Nice, Brad.

"Man, I bet if you buy a boat like that you get a free bowl of soup."

07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Nice, Brad.

"Man, I bet if you buy a boat like that you get a free bowl of soup."

"....But it looks good on YOU though."

OOOO!! That one hurts!!! :D Good one Doug :toast:

Ha, gotta love it!

I love the ad that MC ran in the recent Overtons sale catalog. The one with the "no need to justify the price. It will do that for you." on the top of the ad. I love it!!!

How bout this for a slam to a non MC "ski boat" owner:

"hey thats a nice _____ you have there, maybe someday they will build a ski boat too"

Leroy
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
way to go Brad, how about some stickers you could use that say:

"My other boat is a MasterCraft!":D

Or

"My next boat will be a MasterCraft!":eek:

Ric
07-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I had a contractor in here the other day telling me he was going to buy a new N but that he wasnt getting any of "that silly stuff like a tower or pass pro or whatever they call it. Just a good stereo and the standard gages. All I want to do is cruise".
I just said, "good idea".

parks_jr_55
07-16-2005, 02:22 AM

Just say:

Where'd you get your boat? The toilet store?

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 10:46 AM
To a bragging Malibu owner:

"Last week the local car dealer was giving away boats just like that when you bought a Ford Pinto or a Gremlin from them. Did you get that deal?" :D

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
To a bragging Nautique owner:

"Hey I think thats awesome how Nautique is now choosing to use recycled materials in their boats. I hear it takes over a million used baby diapers to make that hull! That "crap" must really hold together well! " :D

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 10:49 AM
To a bragging Moomba owner:

"Are you for real?"

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 10:58 AM
To a bragging Supra Owner:

"Boy that's a nice looking boat. It looks alot like my brother in laws Bayliner, you ever heard of them? I wonder if they make them on the same assembly line? Do you know?" :D

stevo137
07-16-2005, 11:11 AM
J, you sure are in "spunky" this morning!

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 11:14 AM
J, you sure are in "spunky" this morning!

Yep, had my morning coffee a little early :wavey:

bradamerry
07-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Jeff, are you feeling OK this morning?? :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
07-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Brad

Adult A.D.D. is kicking in, need to go do something now :D

One more:

To a bragging Session boat owner:

"When you boat that thing did you go to a session on build quality? I think you got seriosly schooled if you paid for that thing" :D

07-16-2005, 12:38 PM
To a bragging Supra Owner:

"Boy that's a nice looking boat. It looks alot like my brother in laws Bayliner, you ever heard of them? I wonder if they make them on the same assembly line? Do you know?" :D

OOOO!! that one REALLY hurts!! :cool:

or if you really wanna take the gloves off and punch below the belt: "Hey, thats a sweet _______ you got there. Are you gonna UPGRADE to a Bayliner next time??"

captkidd
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
How about: "Yeah I bet it's a pain when you tell people that you have a Malibu and then having to explain that it isn't made by Chevy".

Workin' 4 Toys
07-18-2005, 05:45 PM
You guys are crackin' me up. Sort of a guilty pleasure reading these remarks. Makes me wonder if I am as arrogant :) when my buddies show up on the pontoons!!! :eek:

sizzler
07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
dont worry........we are :cool:

07-18-2005, 09:03 PM
dont worry........we are :cool:
yes.... we are :toast:

Hoosier Bob
07-18-2005, 09:21 PM
I say Mali you say Bu! Mali! If you have to ask maybe the "Bu" is for you! MC and CC started it all and most likely will end it all. I did not know about the CC going to recycled boats. If MC and CC ever did it's only because there are enough out there. Man you see a ton of old MC's and CC's still stretchen' arms. Here's to MC! :friday:

jimmer2880
07-19-2005, 07:31 AM
I have to say... when a buddy of mine bought his Moomba 2 years ago - they threw in a TOOBING rope! Boy did EVERY non-moomba owner ride him for that one!

Workin' 4 Toys
07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
I just read an article in one of my magazines, an ad for a brand new "I think" '05 Moomba with a tower for 27K. Is that right? I saw them at the Chicago boat show, but never went over and priced them.

BriEOD
07-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Is that the add that says "Billy's out skiing behind his Moomba while Bobby is still at work to pay for his X boat."

Gimme a break...

6ballsisall
07-19-2005, 10:01 AM
I just read an article in one of my magazines, an ad for a brand new "I think" '05 Moomba with a tower for 27K. Is that right? I saw them at the Chicago boat show, but never went over and priced them.

Thats probably right. They had them at the Cincy boat show for $24995 without tower but with several other options.

erkoehler
07-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I have looked at the Moombas at Stengl Marine in Minocqua, WI and they are much better than what they used to be. The dash resembles an early 2000 PS 190 dash. I don't like the seat on the motor cover, I think it is odd looking for its location. The interior vinyl definetly "feels" cheaper or more inexpensive than that of a MC.

I guess someone would have to buy one and use it and keep it for 10 years before we knew how well they hold up and what kind of problmes to expect.

USC8791
07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I have looked at the Moombas at Stengl Marine in Minocqua, WI and they are much better than what they used to be.

Well they certainly couldn't be any worse!

Mastercraft - Own it or envy it.

AirJunky
07-19-2005, 03:11 PM
I don't like the seat on the motor cover, I think it is odd looking for its location. The interior vinyl definetly "feels" cheaper or more inexpensive than that of a MC.

I kinda liked that seat on the motor cover. Works great for the photographer. Of course you'd have to tie off the rope on a tower or extended pylon.

Check out a newer MCs. The interior vinyl on anything made after about 2000 definitely "feels" cheaper than the vinyl used throughout most of the 1990s boats.