PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wayne Boat Show

Barefooter92
02-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Anyone attend the first day of the Fort Wayne Boat show and sale?

Print the coupons on their web site before you go

http://www.fortwayneboatshow.com/

Barefooter92
02-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Just got home from the Fort Wayne Boat Show. Wow what a downer. Ride the wave did a good job of packing up the store and their selection was grand. Dry Dock was nice as usual although they are now nautique.

The worst thing was the local MC dealer was MIA (Lake Gage) and the other MC anywhere close brought one yep one MC. The northeast Indiana's only boat show had one MC an X2. There were at least two of every other inboard there.

Seriously the worst show ever. Unless you were looking for Natique three dealers with at least the units each. Sure can tell who is putting money in marketing.

Very disappointed. Mark my words MC is loosing market share in northern Indiana and fast.

wgwollet
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
NE Indiana is no where to begin with, come on what's up there? Ft Wayne? Very small market to say the least.

Barefooter92
02-12-2011, 12:21 PM
NE IN is the best area for natural lakes in the tri state area. Sorry if yours is better but this is where I grew up and it is home for me. With over 200 lakes in four counties one would think this is a good place to show off new equipment.

Any help here local TT members?

blakehardesty
02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Many, many lakes up here. To go along with that a lot of very wealthy lakes. I would think thats where you would like to market product. I was on Peyton Mannings lake last summer and noticed he was driving a nautique. Wouldnt want to market to that type of clientele?

bbymgr
02-12-2011, 01:00 PM
NE IN is the best area for natural lakes in the tri state area. Sorry if yours is better but this is where I grew up and it is home for me. With over 200 lakes in four counties one would think this is a good place to show off new equipment.

Any help here local TT members?

I agree footer. Within a 1 hour drive of Fort Wayne I can think of 25 all sport lakes.

Slinkyredfoot
02-12-2011, 04:23 PM
NE Indiana is no where to begin with, come on what's up there? Ft Wayne? Very small market to say the least.

Actually over the years it has been a very strong MasterCraft market here in Norhtern Indiana and there are lots of MC's on our lake here, and like was pointed out earlier, there are a bunch of good lakes up here. I guess the only MC dealer, Pine Crest Marine decided it was not worth it attending. They usually have a great display at the Indy Boat show.

Did anyone see a set up from the Clear Lake Marina, think they are a Nautique dealer? My old boss bought the place and just kinda wondered if he still owns it.

bbymgr
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Clear Lake is there, but they are Nautique. The problem is that the best dealer in the area, Dry Dock, switched to Nautique last July, and the dealer that lost Nautique was the only one MC could find to pick it up.

Barefooter92
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I would agree Nautique had a great show with Dry Dock, Clear Lake, and Wawasee. I was just looking for the new MC's. Heck there were 3x more Moombas there than Mastercrafts.

jakethebt
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I will back you up, very nice area for boating. Lake James is awesome along with many others in the area. Which one is Peyton on?

Also, side note but doesn't DryDock still have half of an orange and black MC on the side of their building? Did they take off the master craft sticker now that they are not a dealer? I saw it was up last summer after i heard they went to the dark side.

robin
02-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I just went to the show today, and wow, only 1 mastercraft in the whole show? it was a plain jain x-2....the moombas by it drew more attention....disappointing. it was from pinecrest marine. Im not sure how mastercraft could stomach loosing the market share in NE Indiana. from lake james, to wawasee, george, etc, there are hundreds of sporting lakes that people drive hundreds of miles for (a lot from ohio). natique appears to have made big in roads here. my jaw dropped when i saw the $70,000 price tags on the natique 200s....youch!