PDA

View Full Version : How do you run speaker wire in this tower?

Tuna Cowboy
02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
How do you run the speaker wire in this tower? Does anyone no?

Tuna Cowboy
02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Another picture......
And what do you think of this beauty?.....just bought it at the end of last season...only got it out once before it was winterized......190 hours on it....
My first boat ever...so excited for summer!

slickwater1
02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
looks like you are going to have to drill into the vertical tubes and put you a grommet their and just have a tag coming out of the body.

brucemac
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
there is a hole under the the front tower leg where it connects to the deck. there are two more holes at the front pivot point of the tower leg. you'll need to fisch a pair of wires from inside the observer storage area up the tower. have fun and don't get frustrated, it may take a bit.

jkski
02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Where the front leg attaches to the fiberglass(port side/passenger side), if you loosen the bolt and lift the leg you will find a hole in the bottom potion of the foot. You will likely need to drill a hole thru the fiberglass under this foot to line-up with the hole in the base of the leg, then another hole just below the hinging point and fish the speaker wire thru there. Next you will have to drill a hole just above the hinging point to take the speaker wire back inside the tower frame and fish the wire up to your speakers, again drilling a hole to bring the wire back out. Use ruber grommets if you can to protect the wire and some black shrink tape or wire covering to dress-up the wire where it is exposed.
If you look at the drivers side, you will likely see how the wire is run for your tower light.
Hope this helps.

brucemac
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
i doubt you'll need to do any drilling, or even have to losen the tower leg. there should be a hole pre-drilled through the plate and deck. check first before you start taking stuff apart.

TX.X-30 fan
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
there is a hole under the the front tower leg where it connects to the deck. there are two more holes at the front pivot point of the tower leg. you'll need to fisch a pair of wires from inside the observer storage area up the tower. have fun and don't get frustrated, it may take a bit.

Like you were inside the observer storage area........................... NOT!!!!!!!!!:D

Tuna Cowboy
02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Cool!....thanks guys!...Boat is in storage right now but will be operating on it the first chasnce I get!!

willyt
02-10-2011, 04:15 PM
twine with a shop vac helps..

brucemac
02-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Like you were inside the observer storage area........................... NOT!!!!!!!!!:D

lol, i'm not that big!

TX.X-30 fan
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
lol, i'm not that big!

:D:D.............

tex
02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I've done it....hard work!

milkmania
02-10-2011, 11:32 PM
twine with a shop vac helps..

beat me to it :(

fstaslp
02-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Nice boat, I have a 99 Maristar just like it but black!

MC4SNETS
02-11-2011, 12:17 AM
MariStar 230 with X30 graphics and a New Dimensions tower? Good looking boat.

Depending on wire size you could run everything on the starboard side since the stereo is on that side. Go under your dashboard and remove the carpeted board that separates the driver from the bow storage......your speedo unit may be mounted to that board so you may have to disconnect some wiring harnesses and the speedo hose.

Once that is out, crawl under and you can see the starboard front tower bolt and if the tower is wired for anything (like a lighted ski tow) you will see the wire(s) come out just to the aft of the bolt.

Hope that helps....

Oh, and nice garage.....wish I could put my tower up inside :)

timvan
02-11-2011, 07:45 AM
find the holes, cover up the ones not needed and get a shop vac and some string.. pull a vaccum and walla, here comes the string

dummy
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/chinhazel/Boat/IMG_8063.jpg

I bought a factory take-off from an '04 X-30. Haven't installed it yet, but the wires run down both sets of forward feet. Mine has forward- and rearward-facing lights, 4 speakers, sat antenna, and the nav light so there's plenty of stuff coming out the bottom. HEAVY sumunabatch.

Haven't installed mine yet. Waiting 'till I take it out of storage this spring.

To Tuna Cowboy: Did you pull the speakers, etc off before installing it and did you glass in reinforcements behind the mounting feet? Mine is an '00 and doesn't have the plates already in the gel. Kinda not looking forward to installing mine with all the heavy accessories mounted to it, but the thought of stripping it bare isn't all that appealing.

Shooter McKevin
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey Tuna, Sweet boat.

I found tons of info searching the site. Vacuum method seems pretty popular. I remember reading about one guy who preferred using a magnet to pull a nail on a string through. This thread had lots of good info and took me a while to find, probably because there's much more in there than the name implies. Someone with an X-9 or PS209 w/ OEM Tower in Atlanta (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34165)

I bought a factory take-off from an '04 X-30. Haven't installed it yet, but the wires run down both sets of forward feet. Mine has forward- and rearward-facing lights, 4 speakers, sat antenna, and the nav light so there's plenty of stuff coming out the bottom. HEAVY sumunabatch.

Dummy, Nice Score!