PDA

View Full Version : Performance/Beeping at Speed

Waterhawk
07-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I am battling a problem with a long continuous beep which occurs when I hit my slalom speed of 36mph, it does not stop until we idle for a few minutes or until we turn off the boat. I recently replaced my impeller which helped for a couple of days then it started again. Anyone have any suggestions??? I am running the LQ-9 engine. I also do not seem to get the yank out the hole I did prior to this starting, anyone know if the 2 problems are connected?? Thanks for any help...

JimN
07-14-2005, 08:06 PM
If you don't regularly clean/check your oil cooler, start with that. If you have a fuel pressure gauge, check that, too. While you're at it, take a fuel sample. Have you run it out of gas? That beats the crap out of fuel pump impellers.

To be honest, you'll be better off taking it in to a dealer instead of trying to troubleshoot it here. Nothing beats objective measurement and diagnostic tools for finding problems that have no apparent cause. It could be low oil pressure, a temperature issue, knock sensor picking up detonation (caused by anything from bad gas to an ignition glitch) or something simple. If they hook it up to a diagnostic computer, it shows info that would take way too long to get the hard way. Plus, it's under warranty, unless they see an overheat and the problem is cause by that.

Sorry, no simple answers for this one.

rodltg2
07-14-2005, 08:14 PM
lq9? sounds like trouble.

Waterhawk
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, turns out my old impeller had lost some of its rubber and lodged on down the way along with some lake weed, got her cleaned out and now she gives me the pull out of the hole i love. long live the LQ-9......