PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft x-45 trailer

mcfaddje
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Hello All!

As of this weekend I'm the proud owner of a 2006 X45! :) this is my first inboard boat, very excited to get it out on the water! I've been reading these forums for the past couple of months and have found them very useful! Great community!

Anyways, couple of things, the boat I purchased doesn't come with a trailer and I will need one. Boatmate has quoted me about 5k for a new one, but I'm trying to track down a used MC trailer or equivalent. Does anyone know of where I can pick one up or a good place to look?

Also, when checking out the boat I noticed the ballast guages were reading about half full on one and about a quarter on the other 2. I had the key turned one click forward but hadn't fired the engine up yet. The dealer assured me the ballast were emptied during the winterization. Any ideas as to why they would be reading to have water in them?

Last thing, I noticed a small small spot of pink around 2 of the MC logo's on the seats. I read in the manuals about this phenomenon, does anyone have any good tips on removing that or is it there for good?

Thanks guys!!

medicmoose
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Sorry, I can't help with any of your questions...but congrats on your purchase and welcome! Where are you located?

rgardjr1
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I've read that the ballast gauges aren't always accurate. I think they can be recalibrated, but not sure how long the recalibration will help.

JohnE
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Congrats on the new boat. Some aftermarket trailers are better than the factory ones IMO.

TallRedRider
02-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I think that you can recalibrate the guages, then they will stop reading accurately again. I have not heard of a wakeboat that has accurate guages. When water starts shooting out the side, they are full. When it stops shooting out the side when emptying, then they are empty. ;)

milkmania
02-06-2011, 01:44 PM
congrats on the new boat:banana:

but.......

medicmoose
02-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I think that you can recalibrate the guages, then they will stop reading accurately again. I have not heard of a wakeboat that has accurate guages. When water starts shooting out the side, they are full. When it stops shooting out the side when emptying, then they are empty. ;)

Unless it empties out the bottom...then I guess you have to get creative on the lake to determine if they are empty! :D

CottagerGreg
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Congrats on your purchase. A used MC trailer for a X-45 is hard to come by. $5k for a new boatmate is a great deal. A new MC trailer would be closer to $7k.

Unless you ask for a new "sport" MC trailer and it's about $5k

AZx30OD
02-06-2011, 07:18 PM
My 2007 X30 probably has the same gauges as your X45. Mine register full when full, but anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 full when empty. The dealer told me that is "just the way it is" with the analog gauges.

TallRedRider
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Unless it empties out the bottom...then I guess you have to get creative on the lake to determine if they are empty! :D

In 06, they emptied out the side. Although they do this stupid thing where the three pumps go back into a manifold and them out thee two rear ports. No matter which pump is on, the water comes out those two rear ports.

mcfaddje
02-07-2011, 01:21 AM
thats for the advice guys! anyone have any used trailers for sale? Thats good to know about the ballast gauges, does anyone the know procedure to calibrate them? I'll have pics soon! I should have taken some at the dealership but was to pumped about the new MC. Located in Chatham Ontario, but bought the boats about 10 min north of Orillia.

ttu
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
think you are going to have a hard time getting a used trailer for a x45. with that said, boatmate trailers are awesome. i have owned 2 and now have a mc trailer and i would take the boatmate over the mc. better built.

now post some pics of that bad boy!

Thrall
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't bother with the guages personally. Mine do the same, except once in a while they work correctly, so not sure calibration is the issue.

TXMC-06X2
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
My buddy and I both have 06 Mastercrafts (X2 & X15) and they both have the same problem with the analog gauges. The gauges will read full when the ballast have been filled, but never seem to get all the way down to empty when the ballast have been dumped. I dont know if your X45 had automatic fill/shut-off on your ballast, but the best way I have found to making sure they are full is to keep filling them until water starts to come out the overfill drain. As far as draining goes, I usually empty the ballast until the water starts "spitting" out of the drain holes. I have been told that it is perfectly fine to leave a little water in the ballast during the season. Hope this helps!!!

TallRedRider
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
MCfaddje,

You have a private message.

1970RSZ28
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
MCFaddje, I sent you a PM about a X45 Trailer.

Hrkdrivr
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
We have an 06 X-45 and I've found that if you have the yellow ballast impellers, the water will actually leak INto the tanks around the impellers. We had the same partially-full indication on the lake when I had not filled the tanks. When I went to "empty" water started draining out. The yellow-impeller issue is detailed here in several places. When we switched to the newer greenish impellers it solved the problem.

Having said all that, even when the pumps can't force out any more water my gauges still indicate water in the tanks.

I guess my point is, if the gauges say you have a lot of water in the tanks, you might really have water in there and you definitely want to try to drain it before you trailer it, if/when you find a trailer, that is!!