PDA

View Full Version : Stock location of factory Sirius/XM antenna-- questions

Eric2010MCX2
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
So I am considering putting Sirius/XM on our 2010 X2. I didnt get it from the factory b/c I thought we would just use pandora/ ipods, however I am too lazy to constantly update my ipod and we do not get enough of a constant signal to always stream pandora.

So there is no good location to mount the antenna on the tower, where it would be the most unobstructed.

Does anyone have a picture of where they mount the antenna from the factory? I suspect its somewhere in front of the windshield.

Also, more importantly, with this factory mounting location, are there any issues with bad reception?

Finally, our new Sierra HD will have XM, which I plan on keeping. Anyone know if I can use the same subscription for the both the boat and the truck?

bturner2
02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I have a 07 X2. The antennae was located next to the amp. Never used it so I don't know if it worked.

scott023
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Our antenna (08 X45) is on the port side just in front of the windshield. The boat is in storage, so I can't get a pic of it right now.

dirtk38
02-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I was curious about the multi-subscription discounts as well, and I found this page on the sirius-xm website: http://www.siriusxm.com/faqs#ServiceBilling

Here what question #12 says:

I'm already a Sirius or XM subscriber. Do I get a discount on additional subscriptions?

Yes our multi-subscription packages start at a base price of 8.99, which is a 30% discount. We also offer longer term plans for an even greater discount. For example, with a two-year multiple subscription plan, you receive three months free and a three-year plan gives you five months free. By choosing a longer term plan, you'll save even more than 30% off our $12.95 monthly base rate.

Red Dragons
02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Here is where the antenna is mounted on a '10 X-15. Haven't had any reception problems.

Dawg
02-04-2011, 04:58 PM
I have my ant. mounted on the top of the tower on the port side center support(Zeroflex)with the wire threaded through the tower coming out at the connection with the bottom leg, along the grove on the upper edge of the windshield, then behind the combing pad at the observers seat to the XM dock.(did'nt have to drill any holes) I will get a pic to you as soon as I get back in town.

rgardjr1
02-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Does anyone have a picture of where they mount the antenna from the factory?

In my 2006 it is on the port side up in the bow near the very front of the boat. I don't have any pictures of it but it sits on top of the pointy part of the pickle fork.

Viktimize
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
If you download the Sirius app for your phone, you can get a password and stream radio on your phone if you're a subscriber. But if you have reception problems with your phone this probably wouldn't do you much good either.

Jeremy S. Davis
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes you can use the same plan for discounts. It's a set price for first radio and then a lower rate for each radio after that. Not sure on cost but I'm thinking like $13 for first radio and then $9 for each radio there after.

Jeremy S. Davis
02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry forgot to mention if you prepurchase longer terms there's more of a discount.

rgardjr1
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry forgot to mention if you prepurchase longer terms there's more of a discount.

I pay around $5-$6 a month per radio. When I got the annual renewal a couple of years ago I called to cancel becuase it was around that $13 and $9 per month rate mentioned earlier in this thread. I was asked why I was canceling and told them because it was too expensive and they offered the reduced rate. Just a heads up for anyone with an existing subscription looking to save some money.