PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Freeze

smoketu
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone in the Phoenix area doing any freeze protection to their boats for the next couple of nights. I have mine out in the open with cover on sitting on a borrowed trailer while mine is in the shop. Just a little nervous about it. Everyone I've talked with say not to worry doesn't stay cold for an extended period of time. Curious what you guys had to say about it.

The8Ball
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Put a drop light in the engine box...

FrankSchwab
02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
I agree - Drop light. It'll get cold enough to freeze a 1/2 inch layer of ice in a bucket; as cold as it's been today, there won't be a lot of residual heat in the boat. For peace of mind, throw a 60 watt light bulb in there.

Mines drained so I'm not so worried.

smoketu
02-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Normally, I wouldn't worry, it's stored away in an enclosed storage. I've swapped out my trailer with another to get some work done. I have pulled out all my ballast bags but that's it. I feel a little better this morning seeing as it didn't get as cold as they were anticipating. I couldn't make it over last night, so I'm hoping it's ok. It's sitting about 40 mins away from me in Queen Creek.

coz
02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Normally, I wouldn't worry, it's stored away in an enclosed storage. I've swapped out my trailer with another to get some work done. I have pulled out all my ballast bags but that's it. I feel a little better this morning seeing as it didn't get as cold as they were anticipating. I couldn't make it over last night, so I'm hoping it's ok. It's sitting about 40 mins away from me in Queen Creek.

It's cold but thank god this don't happen to often http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/US/AZ/Gilbert.gif