PDA

View Full Version : More news on my X15

Aric'sX15
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
So the dealer came and got her, and as it turns out, the guy that paints the boat couldn't come down to fix it. So I get a call from the dealer and it has been sent back to the factory. They're going to fix the gel coat, all the seats that are tearing, and the snap out carpet anchors that are coming out. I'll post more about it when the boat returns, and we also bought a trailer to get rid of the hassle.

milkmania
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
So the dealer came and got her, and as it turns out, the guy that paints the boat couldn't come down to fix it. So I get a call from the dealer and it has been sent back to the factory. They're going to fix the gel coat, all the seats that are tearing, and the snap out carpet anchors that are coming out. I'll post more about it when the boat returns, and we also bought a trailer to get rid of the hassle.

that's cool, somebody is stepping up :)

JohnE
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Thats great.

sand2snow22
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Good news, sounds like your dealer and MC really stepped up!

flipper
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Good to hear they took care of it for you

Sodar
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
That is pretty cool!

I think the bubbles/blisters you are seeing are from the mold. If I had been more diligent when I purchased my boat, I would have complained.

Just to explain, on my transom, there are bubbles that look just like your hull. They simply were not there when I took delivery. I fully believe that as the gel cured they appeared.

Good luck on getting you problem resolved. I resolved mine, but it was $$$$$$ that come directly from my pocket.

bturner2
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds like MC and the Dealer are doing the right thing by you. Also good move on the trailer. Cooler heads and common sense often prevail. Let us know how the boat turns out.

milkmania
02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
modified my post, to reduce tensions

Aric'sX15
02-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Sodar,
the bubbles were there when we bought the boat, and have been " fixed" twice. so i hope the factory does a great job repairing it, because i love the boat.