PDA

View Full Version : MC 300 ride

josepcedwards
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a cool little story. I guess it’s be about two years ago when they first released the Mastercraft 300. For some reason I fell in love with this boat. Me and a friend had to run up to Vonore, Tn to pick a driveshaft for his suv. So since the MC factory is in the same town I want to find it. So after a few mins of look for the address on my iPhone I found it. So I typed it in and were less the 4 miles away. So we headed that way. So when we got there I just drove right up to the guard shack and told the lady I was there for a factory tour. (never hurts to ask). She said “ sir, you have to request them on line”… I said well I’ve did that 3 time over the past year and I have yet to get a reply. She said hold on… So 10 min later she said drive up to the front door and someone will meet you. As we were pulling around I looked to my right down to the water and there was the Prototype MC 300. When we pulled up to the door Scott was waiting on us it the front office. We were about halfway through the tour and Scott was I like I have a meeting I have to go to so let me get some real quick to walk you through the rest of the factory. So when we were at the end of the tour I ask the guide if he could walk us to down to let us see the 300. So when we got down to the dock there was Scott , John, and Kirk just a few to name, about 7 people total.( This must have been the meeting Scott was talking about ) As we were standing there they were untying the boat. So we were about to say out good byes and Scott was like you guys are welcome to ride along if you have time… I looked at my buddy, He was like yea we are in no big hurry. HAHA The boat was amazing! Beautiful. We were on the lake for over an hour. They told us we were the first NON mastercraft employs to get to ride in it. It was a highlight I will never forget. We were very lucky that day.

Forrest-X45
02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow - what a great experience and great timing. Doesn't hurt to rub elbows with the big wigs. :)

I took a ride in the 300 two years ago when it was making it's rounds across the country. Beautiful and very well made boat, it's just not for me and what I want in a boat - currently.

josepcedwards
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow - what a great experience and great timing. Doesn't hurt to rub elbows with the big wigs. :)

I took a ride in the 300 two years ago when it was making it's rounds across the country. Beautiful and very well made boat, it's just not for me and what I want in a boat - currently.

I was really surprised at the turns it could make. That had been working on it that morning and the engines weren't running 100% together. it had a little vibration to it.

JohnE
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Sounds like you caught the day just right. I missed a tour on that boat by 10 minutes when Norm launched it in NH in 09.

josepcedwards
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM
You could get a do over on that day for sure!