PDA

View Full Version : Perfect timing for the factory visit

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Took the MC factory tour last thursday. Very impressive facility. I was also very surprised at how much is done in-house. Also toured Malibu while I was there, and I definitely understand why an MC costs more......

Twards the end of the tour, we were going through the upholstry section and I saw one of my seats at the end of the upholstry line. I knew my boat must have been close. Walked back out into the production line, and there it was. Right at the end of the line. Couldnt have timed it any better.

No platform or bimini on it yet. they must do that after the lake test. I only took one photo of the inside because I didnt want to get in the way....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Boat001s.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Boat005s.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Boat006s.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/edutil/Boat009s.jpg

scott023
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Dang fine looking boat there. Which motor did you opt for?

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Dang fine looking boat there. Which motor did you opt for?

6.2 Ilmor :fingerscrossed: The lake testers said it has a lot more pull than the 6.0, so that was promising....

scott023
02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
6.2 Ilmor :fingerscrossed: The lake testers said it has a lot more pull than the 6.0, so that was promising....

They didn't they let you take yours for a rip? :eek:

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
They didn't they let you take yours for a rip? :eek:

I would have loved to, however, I know what it is like to try to do my job and have a customer standing over me and getting in my way. I took a quick walk down to the water snapped a few pics, drooled all over the dock, and then headed for music city.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Beautiful boat. That has to be tough to see your brand new boat in the water and not be able to play with it.

CottagerGreg
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
That's a great looking boat! I hope you get a lot of use out of it!

ttu
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
great looking x25. bet that was really neat to time your visit that good.

ddanenberger
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
did you happen to see a black and silver x25. Ours was done last week also. Waiting on delivery, but with the blizzard, it isn't coming until next week.

Barefooter92
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Great looking boat congradulations!

What is with the foot print on the bow seat? Seriously my boat is 14 years old and two rules no shoes and no step on seats!

Enjoy!

MattsCraft
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Very nice on the timing great looking boat!. FYI - Platform and Bimini are put on by the dealer. Not sure if they still do, but in the past, boats are lake tested off of a seperate fuel cell, not the one in your boat. Also, the shipping cover is a shrink wrap that goes over the tower and well below the rub rail. Ask your dealer to save it, if you have room it is a nice item to have if you ever have to store the boat outside for an extended period.

bobx1
02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
.....What is with the foot print on the bow seat?....
Enjoy!

It never ceases to amaze me how people pickup things in pictures. Some of you guys need to appy for the FBI photo inspection team. I would hate to see how good some of you guys are in "Where's Waldo" or that game in bars where you have to find the hidden pictures.

Oh, and great looking boat!

ShawnB
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Congrats on a sweet boat. The colors look awesome. I'm very excited about the navy hull we ordered now.

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments!

Beautiful boat. That has to be tough to see your brand new boat in the water and not be able to play with it.

Very hard to see that!

great looking x25. bet that was really neat to time your visit that good.

I have to thank Dave Ekern for that. He gave me a really good indication of what part of the week to get there. I didnt know the timing was going to be that perfect though!

did you happen to see a black and silver x25. Ours was done last week also. Waiting on delivery, but with the blizzard, it isn't coming until next week.

I saw one that was black and silver/gray flake(i think it was flake) It was a "slider" like mine. It was having the engine dropped in, so it was still in two halves. That is the only other X25 I remember seeing, except the 3 that were still in the molds.

Great looking boat congradulations!

What is with the foot print on the bow seat? Seriously my boat is 14 years old and two rules no shoes and no step on seats!
Enjoy!

Dont wanna talk about it :mad:
I actually think that OSHA requires them to have shoes on at all times though. However, if it were me, i would use covers or something....

Very nice on the timing great looking boat!. FYI - Platform and Bimini are put on by the dealer. Not sure if they still do, but in the past, boats are lake tested off of a seperate fuel cell, not the one in your boat. Also, the shipping cover is a shrink wrap that goes over the tower and well below the rub rail. Ask your dealer to save it, if you have room it is a nice item to have if you ever have to store the boat outside for an extended period.

Thanks for the heads up on the cover!! And, yes, they were using a portable fuel cell.

ddanenberger
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
thanks, that may have been it. It is black w/ silver metal flake. Just curious, thought maybe you got a pick.. no big deal.

ddanenberger
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
by the way, nice looking boat. Hope you get alot of enjoyment.

scott023
02-01-2011, 12:52 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people pickup things in pictures. Some of you guys need to appy for the FBI photo inspection team. I would hate to see how good some of you guys are in "Where's Waldo" or that game in bars where you have to find the hidden pictures.

Oh, and great looking boat!

You're not kidding...

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Congrats on a sweet boat. The colors look awesome. I'm very excited about the navy hull we ordered now.

I am sure you are aware, but mine is Meditteranian blue. The navy is much darker. Just wanted to make sure you didnt think mine was navy.

thanks, that may have been it. It is black w/ silver metal flake. Just curious, thought maybe you got a pick.. no big deal.

I will look through my pics, but I dont think I got one of your boat. Damn it!!
It must be the one though. It was an awesome looking boat. Mostly black with silver flake "waves" on the side.

ShawnB
02-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I am sure you are aware, but mine is Meditteranian blue. The navy is much darker. Just wanted to make sure you didnt think mine was navy.

Really? It looks so dark at the end of the line (1st pic). Well, now I am back to wondering :)
I really wasn't crazy about Med blue in person but it looks great in the pics.

FourFourty
02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Really? It looks so dark at the end of the line (1st pic). Well, now I am back to wondering :)
I really wasn't crazy about Med blue in person but it looks great in the pics.

Dont quote me on this, but I swear it is darker than previous years. I looked at a few Med Blue 2010s and they looked alot lighter. I know that DAB doesnt do it any justice. I think the other key with med blue is to have some black with it.

It was a bright sunny day in TN, so if it was going to look light, it should have that day.

CantRepeat
02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Great looking boat! I really do like the new vynle they have going. I hope it warms up for you soon! Well, for everyone else too.

MIskier
02-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Just an FYI on the shipping cover they now use a ratchet type cover and then shrink tape the seam.