PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near Forrest Park St Louis, MO

bcampbe7
01-31-2011, 11:24 AM
I am looking for a hotel near Forrest Park in St Louis, MO.

Is the Drury Inn at 2111 Sulphur Avenue in a bad area? I have stayed at Drury's in the past and like their amenities, but not sure about the area for this particular one. I know there are some rough areas off of I-44, just wasn't sure if this is one of them.

Also, doesn't have to be in the Forrest Park area, but want something that will allow us to get to the Zoo, City Museum and Magic House fairly easily.

Anyone know?

Willski
01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't know about that one, but if you stay downtown, it is pretty quick to get out to the zoo and Magic House. City Museum is downtown anyway, so you probably can't go wrong there. There is a Drury Inn that is within a block or so of Union Station, and there is a Drury Plaza at the Arch.

Big Dogg
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
I live on the west side of STL out in Chesterfield. While I do not know the area of that drury, the location is not the best. That area is west of the "Hill" and I personally am not to fond of it. That being said if you were north of I64 your safe. Thats going to get you in the Washington University area as well as the "Loop" and its all pretty good. I have to agree with the other poster in that City Museum is down town and from downtown to Forest park is 15 mins tops. FYI going to the City Museum is a great experience. If this is your first, I highly recommend tennis shoes, track pants/sweats not jeans. Think of a giant playground for kids and adults alike. Jeans end up in places and "splitting" thing that need not be! Even me as a 26yo loves that place.

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Beau you got any jogging shorts.

bcampbe7
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Beau you got any jogging shorts.

Just Spandex

bcampbe7
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I live on the west side of STL out in Chesterfield. While I do not know the area of that drury, the location is not the best. That area is west of the "Hill" and I personally am not to fond of it. That being said if you were north of I64 your safe. Thats going to get you in the Washington University area as well as the "Loop" and its all pretty good. I have to agree with the other poster in that City Museum is down town and from downtown to Forest park is 15 mins tops. FYI going to the City Museum is a great experience. If this is your first, I highly recommend tennis shoes, track pants/sweats not jeans. Think of a giant playground for kids and adults alike. Jeans end up in places and "splitting" thing that need not be! Even me as a 26yo loves that place.

Thanks for the info! Kinda what I was thinking too.

scott023
02-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Just Spandex

That's scary as he!!. :D

bcampbe7
03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Bump...

So what about golf courses? Any nice ones in the Creve Coeur area?

TX.X-30 fan
03-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Augusta????

bcampbe7
03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Augusta????

If you can get me on Augusta, I would make it work! :D

Big Dogg
03-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Bump...

So what about golf courses? Any nice ones in the Creve Coeur area?

I stick with the wakeboarding. I unfortunately would dont have any advice for you on that one. Good ski areas and places to hunt are more my fortay. Golf is a future endeavor.

bcampbe7
03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
We ended up staying at the Drury Inn in Creve Couer. Nice place. Was close enough to everything we wanted to do and was a nice area to boot.

Played golf on Saturday at the Creve Couer country club. It was OK. Only 9 holes and was a bit dangerous in that it was a tight back and forth hole configuration with little protection from oncoming shots. Had a couple occassions where a ball landed right beside us with no "fore" warning.

If anyone is going to St Louis, I highly recommend the City Museum. Amazing place whether you have kids or not! Wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes! Definitely going back there!

Big Dogg
03-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Good to hear you enjoyed your visit. The weather in these parts is only getting better but loving the sight of spring. Hope you enjoyed the 10 story slide at the City Museum as well!

Aaron

bcampbe7
03-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Good to hear you enjoyed your visit. The weather in these parts is only getting better but loving the sight of spring. Hope you enjoyed the 10 story slide at the City Museum as well!

Aaron

LOL! We didn't make it up to the 10-story slide. We started up and got about 4 -stories up before one of the employees informed us that our youngest would not be allowed on the slide. Oh well, maybe next year. We got to do a few of the outside slides before it started raining though.

TX.X-30 fan
03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
"fore"......... I assume that is a term you use frequently......:D

Willski
03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
LOL! We didn't make it up to the 10-story slide. We started up and got about 4 -stories up before one of the employees informed us that our youngest would not be allowed on the slide. Oh well, maybe next year. We got to do a few of the outside slides before it started raining though.

We just bought Cardinal tickets for April 21st. We are going down from the 20th to the 22nd. Probably hit the city museum as well. We were there a few years ago. Cool place! Kids loved it.