PDA

View Full Version : Question about a possible leak

Desert eagle
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM
All right guys I have a question about what appears to be a small leak on my new 2011 X-25. I went for a ride yesterday on our local lake and at the end of the day when I loaded the boat I noticed a steady stream of water coming out of the drive line where it comes through the bottom of the boat. I have to take the boat in for its first oil change next month and I will surely tell them at the dealership, but is this a major fix. My biggest problem is I have to tow my boat over 500 miles to take it in for warranty work. Thanks

Jerseydave
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
500 miles to your local dealer??? Yikes!

I assume the boat is under warranty so show the dealer exactly where the water was coming out. It sounds like you're saying water comes out around the propshaft after you put the boat on the trailer? If that's correct, you have some kind of problem with the packing nut or dripless seal on your propshaft. Did the boat collect alot of water in the bilge while you had the boat in the lake?

Get her repaired before you run it again. You wouldn't want to sink your new boat!

Thrall
01-31-2011, 01:05 AM
The dripless seal has a water supply off of the raw water cooling system. You;ll see a hose going to the propshaft in the bilge. It's normal to drain out like you saw.
1000mi round trip for an oil change? You're nuts! Change it yourself or find someone near you who knows how.
Nice boat btw.

Desert eagle
01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
The dripless seal has a water supply off of the raw water cooling system. You;ll see a hose going to the propshaft in the bilge. It's normal to drain out like you saw.
1000mi round trip for an oil change? You're nuts! Change it yourself or find someone near you who knows how.
Nice boat btw.

Thanks Thrall, I still kind of think something is wrong because when I drained the water from the engine on Sunday I could see some water dripping from the same area through the boat.

The round trip to Austin is for a marothon my wife and I are running in so I'm going to kill two birds with one stone and take the boat back and have a few things looked at while I can under warranty. Yes I would NEVER tow my boat that far just for an oil change.

Thrall
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
No, it's fine, if it was coming from around the propshaft. Mine drained there a little when I winterized it too.
Good luck in the marathon.