PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X2 Questions

a0788735
01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm looking at a 2005 X2 with the RTP 315 hp engine and tandem axle trailer with 120 hours. Boat allegedly has near perfect interior and gel coat... Boat does not have perfect pass.

I have a few questions:

1. Anything in particular to know about or look out for on 2005 X2?
2. Is the RTP engine adequate? Would it be difficult for me to resell the boat down the line?
3. What's a fair price assuming boat checks out as represented?

jason95gt
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
The RTP is just fine for that boat as there is really no difference between that and an MCX. Resale will not be a problem and run the numbers on nadaguides.com for low and average retail price. Just remember that you have to add the value of the trailer too.

vision
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Great boat and year. Check to see if the fuel pump has been replaced yet. Make sure vinyl is not splitting at the stitches on the sun pads. Should have Mastercraft cruise control which is reasonable.

Value of an 05 X2 varies greatly with region. I sold mine in 07 (3 year old boat by then) for 30K with 600 hours. I would think with those low hours, tandem axle trailer, and if it is in great shape with std clarion speakers and sub, and built in ballast, it is still worth 27K to 30K. Add a little more for heater, shower, seat heater, and tower speakers.

a0788735
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
This 2005 X2 doesn't have the Mastercraft cruise control. I was told that it would have to have Perfect Pass added if I wanted curise. What should Perfect Pass Wakeboard edition run me?

There is no heater nor shower.

Vinyl is supposed to be flawless and it's got nice tower speakers.

brucemac
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
as mentioned, awesome boat and rtp is plenty. you may need to re-prop depending on how much weight you run and the use mix. personally, my favorite year for that hull. favorite tower design and 05 was the first year for drive by wire. add PP stargazer wake edition or PP WBP and you're golden. cost for those will vary depending on if you do it yourself, but plan on somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200-1500. good luck!

sand2snow22
01-28-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm looking at a 2005 X2 with the RTP 315 hp engine and tandem axle trailer with 120 hours. Boat allegedly has near perfect interior and gel coat... Boat does not have perfect pass.

I have a few questions:

1. Anything in particular to know about or look out for on 2005 X2?
2. Is the RTP engine adequate? Would it be difficult for me to resell the boat down the line?
3. What's a fair price assuming boat checks out as represented?

1. Hours, records, have the fuel pump, ballast pump/impellers been replaced. Look at the oil and tranny fluid. Test drive on and off the water. Make sure the engine isn't throwing codes......By off the water I mean trailer the thing and make sure a caliper isn't sticking. Wheels/tires will get hot if they are.
2. RTP (310 hp) is plenty. As far as resale, MCX looks nicer when you open the hatch, that's about it.
3. How many hours?