PDA

View Full Version : X-25

Tbob
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi
We are between buying a X-25 and the X-15. Prefer the 25 but have a couple of concerns, one is the cooler latch, the other is the small access to the rear compartments. Anyone owners of the X-25 have experience they can share? I love the X-15 but the extra room and hopefully better surf wake on the X-25 is what we are want. If the hatches are to much of an inconvenience and the cooler latch breaks we may go X-15 for a couple of years until they update the 25, and then trade up.

ddanenberger
01-28-2011, 08:29 AM
we ordered a 25 which we pickup next week. we looked at the 15 and be be honest liked the 15. Some of the dirrerences we found were that on the 15 the seat tops remove and had a little movement if not fitted exactly perfect, whereas the 25 is hinged with supports. The 25 has more room and the forked front is great with kids. My son takes classes and boarded behind both ('10) models, both were great. Both seemed just as nimble. The 25 was much better in rough water. The back hatches in the 25 are small because of the seats, but when we thought about what were would store in the compartments...not a big deal. Life jackets and ropes. If you need to put anything large in the compartment the platform lifts to alow full access. There is so much additional storage elsewhere I did not find it to be a issue.

ShawnB
01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
I drove and rode behind each of these boats. To be honest they are totally different wakes so you need to consider that as well. The X15 is a lot like the XStar wake with a long mellow transition. The X25 is a lot more vertical has a lip at the top which I much preferred. Did not try surfing in either boat but the consensus is that the X25 is the way to go there.

As far as the storage, we ordered ours with the additional surf ballast so the back compartments are already spoken for. The cooler hinge is something to be concerned about but honestly if it breaks, I'm sure I can retrofit some gas shocks in there instead.

Tbob
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the insight. The cooler hinge would be much improved with a gas shock I agree, I am going to ask the dealer if they can do that up front.

Thanks again