PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this 2003 X2

a0788735
01-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone know anything about this 2003 X2? It looks in really nice shape but seems priced too low to me. I'm worried that it might be too good to be true! I suppose there's no tower speakers or lights, but still...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2003-Mastercraft-X2-97574285

Any thoughts? Anyone know anything about this seller?

mccobmd
01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't know the seller but that price isn't too far out if someone really wants to move a boat in the winter. Problem is you can't test drive it. If you decide to go for it the test drive it an have it winterized again.

brucemac
01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Price seems good to me and it looks super clean and well taken care of. I wouldn't say it's too good to be true.

A few things I noticed right off the bat, and some things to ask/question that I can think of:

Dual speedo's = no Perfect Pass. Plan on spending $1200-1500 for PP Wakeboard Pro or PP Stargazer Wake Edition.

I don't see a depth finder, looks like a blank from the picture. Not a huge deal and can be added.

What condition are the board racks. 2003 was the only year for that style and they are just about impossible to replace. They can be repaired, however, but still fairly costly. If the ratchet system breaks, you can end up with a finger in the drink and they don't float. Just something to think about.

"Nice Clarion Sound System" will be adequate at best. I had the same system minus the sub. If you value a decent sound system at all, plan on spending the money necessary to upgrade.

2003 MC trailers had caliper/break issues. There was a service bulletin and I believe even a partial recall. You'll want to find out if the service was performed.

The mount points for the stock MC bimini tend to come lose and the holes drilled in the windshield frame will strip over time. A new after-market bimini from someone like towerbiminis.com will run you around $850 with standard hardware. Replacement stock MC for that year is $850. The standard MC ratchet cover for that model year will not fit with the stock MC bimini in place. :rolleyes:

The 310 on that boat is fine, although some would argue the MCX is better for resale. YMMV.

All and all a solid boat. I love mine. A great wakeboard wake, decent waterski wake and it's surfable too. I'm 2nd owner and coming up on my 4th season. I've been really happy with mine and haven't had any serious issues.

good luck!

SWeaver
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I've been looking for a 205v/x2 for about 6 months. That boat has been for sale for at least several months, maybe 6 months? I never went out to see it, but it does look clean in the pics. The price seems OK at 26, but I've seen a few at 25k. Most are around 30k.