PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

davidstan
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
I am looking at 2 boats, one is a 05 205v with cruise control and the other is 05 x2 with perfect pass wake board. Anyone know the difference in these devices. I assume the PP is the System that has memory for pulling up skiers.

etduc
01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
In simple terms, cruise control is like, what you have in a car. Very basic. It works.

PP has more options, you need to research what options are included. Some use GPS for speed, etc.

Here's PP link: http://www.perfectpass.com/

vision
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
The Mastercraft/Indmar cruise control works reasonably well. But, you can not change variables for compensating for added ballast where you can change sampling rate and other parameters in PP which allow more accurate control. In addition, the PP system tends to hold speed in a tighter range.

The two systems work differently on a practical stand point as well. The MC cruise will require that you go by the desired speed then the cruise kicks in and slows the boat down. PP engages within a few mph of the desired speed then stops at the desired speed.

I would estimate that the PP adds about $400 to $500 to the value of a 2005 boat. But that is just a guess.