PDA

View Full Version : GREAT price on new Sunbrella cover!

wheelerd
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
I just purchased a custom fit Sunbrella cover for my X5 from Ameri-brand.
$570 total, which includes $40 shipping to Canada. They currently have a 20-30% off sale plus an additional 5% at checkout.
Included is a set of tie down straps and tie down rope, padding at all the stress points, and padded attachments for snap-in support poles.
Their website has lots of helpful info and numerous pics of covers they've done.
http://www.websweeper.com/php/boat_covers/bc-013.php

SWeaver
02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Did you get the cover, yet? I'd like to know how well it fits, and if that draw string seems durable enough.

milkmania
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
websweeper doesn't sound like a link I want to follow....

anybody???

wheelerd
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Yes, it came Friday. It was a quick turn around, especially including shipping to Canada. It's actually a Carver -- it came straight from their factory. They must have an agreement with Ameri-Brand.

The fit seems to be good although at the moment I don't have it completely adjusted. It was a windy, cold day so I installed it as quickly as I could and will adjust some of the support poles and such later. I also didn't attach all the tie downs which eventually will make it even tighter.

I didn't realize that the openings around the tower legs would have elasticized collars so that was a nice touch. The nose of the bow and windshield are nicely reinforced and the snap grommets for the support poles came installed.

The cover goes over the swim platform. I might get another loop installed at the stern to help pull it tighter at the back.

The draw string cord is 5/16 braided soft poly line. I also got a rope ratchet with it ($11 extra) and used that to tighten it up good and snug. I will probably get one for the other side too. (The draw string separates on both sides between the tower legs.)

The boat is currently in a storage lot so unfortunately I don't have pictures at the moment.

wheelerd
02-06-2011, 05:20 PM
websweeper doesn't sound like a link I want to follow....

anybody???

Ya I know, it sounds like a game site or some kind of a web bot but it's legit. I've been on it numerous times, both with a couple computers at home and at work. No issues. And, as I just pointed out in my last post, I ordered the cover online on Jan 24 and it was on my doorstep on Feb 4. I emailed and called the office a couple of times and got instant responses to my queries.

They're for real! Besides boat covers they do bimini tops, pool covers and the like.

This is the link when you Google Ameri-Brand:
http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=ameri-brand+products+inc&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=gRxPTf-QAcL48AahyaTJDg

wheelerd
02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Here's one more for kudo for Ameri-brand ( and no, I don't work for them!)

I emailed them Monday morning asking if they could shoot me another rope ratchet for the cinch cord. I also mentioned that while the cover fit well there could have been a couple more loops at the back to help tighten it up over the swim platform.

Well, this morning there was a package in my mailbox containing the ratchet and a couple of loops -- no charge. That was from South Carolina to Alberta -- less than 48 hours.

wheeler
02-09-2011, 03:16 PM
what kind name is wheelerd anyway?

wheelerd
02-10-2011, 12:02 AM
what kind name is wheelerd anyway?

I dunno -- maybe same as yours? ;)