PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy S&S

josepcedwards
01-23-2011, 01:12 AM
I have cash in hand. Im in Calhoun, GA. Im looking for 84 and up STARS-N-STRIPES.

CantRepeat
01-23-2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3742&cat=7&date=1155485014

03geetee
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-hHwmONt8s

Saw this one. Worth the drive if its a solid boat which it appears to be. One of the best color combos IMHO LOL!

7500.00 with new interior/carpet, upgraded electronic ignition (I spy an edlebrock carb too), and a stereo system. 1550hrs on the boat.

http://actionwater.com/

JTR

josepcedwards
01-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I think im just gonna get me a real nice BAYLINER.....

phickman
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/ Glad we helped you see that a MC was not for you. Best of Luck. LOL

josepcedwards
01-24-2011, 12:42 AM
http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/ Glad we helped you see that a MC was not for you. Best of Luck. LOL

BHAHAHAHAHA Im kidding! Im die hard mc fan!

josepcedwards
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
What are some things to consider on a boat that has been in dry storage for 10 year with out being used?

blakehardesty
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
What are some things to consider on a boat that has been in dry storage for 10 year with out being used?

Should be good if properly winterized. Maybe a checkup at a dealership first tho.

josepcedwards
01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Should be good if properly winterized. Maybe a checkup at a dealership first tho.

I think ive found a pretty good deal. S&S with 600hrs, brand new mastercraft trailer, just came out of 10 year dry storage, new belts and fluid. $6000?

03geetee
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I think ive found a pretty good deal. S&S with 600hrs, brand new mastercraft trailer, just came out of 10 year dry storage, new belts and fluid. $6000?

Hook it up to a fake lake or something to hear it run. If fogged you are going to need fresh plugs after the intial fire to get an accurate idea of the motor. 10 year old oil is not a good thing to run up in the motor either I would make the owner swap it first if possible.

He might not want to do these things but 10 years is a long time to be dormant and just fire right up.

JTR

josepcedwards
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Hook it up to a fake lake or something to hear it run. If fogged you are going to need fresh plugs after the intial fire to get an accurate idea of the motor. 10 year old oil is not a good thing to run up in the motor either I would make the owner swap it first if possible.

He might not want to do these things but 10 years is a long time to be dormant and just fire right up.

JTR

The guy said he has relapced all the fluid and belts, plugs, Im more worried about seals being dry rotten. Wouldnt you think?

ahhudgins
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Even if it had been fogged, I would pull the plugs and turn the motor with a rachet before just firing it up. On my old 79 S&S I used to pull the distributor in the spring and run the oil pump with a drill and priming shaft to get oil to all of the bearing before starting it up. I've gotten lazy with my other boats and just fog them.

I could see where some dried seals (transmission) and gaskets could be an issue after 10 years. There aren't as many moving parts in a boat as a car, but I got a good deal on a car that had been sitting for 3 years with a blown head gasket. I fixed the head gasket and then spend the next year replacing every thing that had dried out or rusted up.

josepcedwards
01-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Even if it had been fogged, I would pull the plugs and turn the motor with a rachet before just firing it up. On my old 79 S&S I used to pull the distributor in the spring and run the oil pump with a drill and priming shaft to get oil to all of the bearing before starting it up. I've gotten lazy with my other boats and just fog them.

I could see where some dried seals (transmission) and gaskets could be an issue after 10 years. There aren't as many moving parts in a boat as a car, but I got a good deal on a car that had been sitting for 3 years with a blown head gasket. I fixed the head gasket and then spend the next year replacing every thing that had dried out or rusted up.

I guess the best thing to do is let it run and heat up.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2011, 11:57 PM
When an engine sits for that long, there isn't going to be much oil on anything above the oil level in the oil pan even if the engine were fogged properly. The correct method is to buy three gallons or so of cheap oil and fill the engine. Pour it in the valve cover until it's completely full. Keep topping it off. Air bubbles will keep working their way out for a while. Let the engine sit full of oil for a week, then use a wrench on the crank pulley to turn the engine over a several times. Then drain all the oil out. This will take several days even a warm environment. Now fill it with some good oil.

The fuel tank will need to be drained as this fuel will be junk. Same goes for the fuel in the carb. In fact, I would either rebuild or replace the carb. You will definitely need to replace the base carb base gaskets. Intake manifold gaskets should be good.

josepcedwards
01-26-2011, 12:07 AM
When an engine sits for that long, there isn't going to be much oil on anything above the oil level in the oil pan even if the engine were fogged properly. The correct method is to buy three gallons or so of cheap oil and fill the engine. Pour it in the valve cover until it's completely full. Keep topping it off. Air bubbles will keep working their way out for a while. Let the engine sit full of oil for a week, then use a wrench on the crank pulley to turn the engine over a several times. Then drain all the oil out. This will take several days even a warm environment. Now fill it with some good oil.

The fuel tank will need to be drained as this fuel will be junk. Same goes for the fuel in the carb. In fact, I would either rebuild or replace the carb. You will definitely need to replace the base carb base gaskets. Intake manifold gaskets should be good.

Im sorry dudes.... What does "FOGGED" mean? still new to this.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Im sorry dudes.... What does "FOGGED" mean? still new to this.

Fogging oil is sprayed into the carb while the engine is running.......then shut down to coat the interior engine parts to prevent corrosion.

03geetee
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM

Good point about the fuel, if the guy storing it had any brains I would have assumed he ran the boat empty until it stalled then at least try to get the remained fuel out of the tank.

10 years is a long time to sit.

JTR

Table Rocker
01-26-2011, 10:02 AM
You might also try a "high mileage" oil. The high mileage version of your favorite oil contains seal conditioners that might help put some life back in seals that have been sitting for 10 years.

josepcedwards
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks dudes!

H20skeefreek
01-26-2011, 11:02 PM
I have cash in hand. Im in Calhoun, GA. Im looking for 84 and up STARS-N-STRIPES.
How much are you wanting to spend? Everything is for sale.

josepcedwards
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
What do you have?

dmminfla
01-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Here is an 85 in florida

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/2182749235.html

josepcedwards
01-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice boat!

H20skeefreek
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
What do you have?
It's not really for sale. It's too valuable to me. I don't ever plan on selling it if I can avoid it.

josepcedwards
01-27-2011, 09:41 PM
It's not really for sale. It's too valuable to me. I don't ever plan on selling it if I can avoid it.

Your a mean person!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
How much are you wanting to spend? Everything is for sale.

What a jerk!

josepcedwards
01-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Hahahahahaha. I thought so too.

H20skeefreek
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Look dudes, I just changed my mind. I originally thought I could sell it, but after really thinking about it, I couldn't. I'd have to get enough out of it to by the boat I've always wanted....and there is no way.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Look dudes, I just changed my mind. I originally thought I could sell it, but after really thinking about it, I couldn't. I'd have to get enough out of it to by the boat I've always wanted....and there is no way.

Fair enough that you couldn't part with your boat...................you just handled it like a jerk. This post instead of "it's really not for sale" has an entirely different meaning to someone who is searching for a nice Stars & Stripes. That said, I don't think anyone will lose any sleep over the matter.

H20skeefreek
01-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh, no! The TT police got me!

SunCoast 83
01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I will keep my eye out around here. They are hard to come by it seems, especially one that does not need extensive work. Heck I hardly ever see them period.

Best of luck with the search. It can be fun too.

josepcedwards
01-28-2011, 01:06 PM
N-eways I'm still looking for a boat....

03geetee
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Dude I posted a perfect boat for you, so what if you have to drive for it, its WORTH IT!!!!

I would have been on the phone already.

JTR

duckguy
01-28-2011, 07:16 PM
03, I looked at that boat. Its nicer than average but I am not a fan that it dosent have a back seat and will need some gel work with that dumb spotlight being mounted right to the bow.

03geetee
01-28-2011, 07:21 PM
03, I looked at that boat. Its nicer than average but I am not a fan that it dosent have a back seat and will need some gel work with that dumb spotlight being mounted right to the bow.

Little elbow grease, a weekend and a trip to the interior shop and he would have a bad boat. It's getting harder and harder to find these in that kind of shape, Im not a fan of the really wrong red color carpet but all that can be changed.

Gotta see the glass half full sometimes, guess I just do more often then not.

JTR

Covi
01-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry, I'm a little bias about the 86' model year. Anyway here are a couple I saw today. Good luck!

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listing/MasterCraft-Prostar190-97109576/?ZMC=Oodle&BAC-Oodle

http://georgia.findanyboat.com/boats/mastercraft-prostar-190-ski-and-wakeboard-boat-w-trailer-and-extras.html

03geetee
01-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Man all this talk about S&S's and its only the end of January here in Chitown. I cannot wait to have my girl on the water again this year with the work she got done over the winter.

Sun, tunes, my girls with me and smooth water what else could you ask for!!!

JTR

josepcedwards
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Dudes, I know its noat a S&S.. but what do you think?

http://albanyga.craigslist.org/boa/2164126331.html

josepcedwards
01-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the finds.

cbryan70
01-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I love the wake on the 87 to 90 boats...

thatsmrmastercraft
01-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Dudes, I know its noat a S&S.. but what do you think?

http://albanyga.craigslist.org/boa/2164126331.html

Sure would be a fine boat to take a look at.

josepcedwards
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Horrible day! The 87 I want to look at (which was a 4 hour drive) was junk. The rear of the boat was spider webbed and cracked on the whole right side. Trailer was in pretty bad shape. No prop, because he said when it's on the trailer it drags the ground????? Do we left there and went and looked at a S&S in atlanta. It was worse. The owner was very rude. Hr got mad when I told him it wasn't what I was looking for. It was left out one the weather, trailer was for like a 20 or 21 ft boat, beat to death on the sides. Needless to say with both owners we had different views on what "good shape" is. Epic fail!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
At least these boats will help make it more clear when you do find "the" boat.

Meadracing
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure where you live but I'm in south florida and have my boat for sale. Needs some finishing up but has a great start. See my thread in apperance section.

03geetee
01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure where you live but I'm in south florida and have my boat for sale. Needs some finishing up but has a great start. See my thread in apperance section.

X2 might be just what hes looking for, just needs a few things to finish her up and the price isnt bad.

JTR

josepcedwards
01-29-2011, 09:24 PM
X2 might be just what hes looking for, just needs a few things to finish her up and the price isnt bad.

JTR

Dudes! A town over from me there is a guy that has a boat just like this. That boat is what got me wanting a S&S so bad. I loved everything about that boat, and here is one just like it! Why in the would would not finish that thing!

phickman
01-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Not too far from you.http://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/2181098583.html

josepcedwards
01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Not too far from you.http://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/2181098583.html

You need a slapped!:D

phickman
01-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Couldn't resist after the Bayliner joke the other day. Best of luck on your journey finding the right boat. It is amazing with inboard ski boats they are either trashed or pretty darn nice. Welcome to the club, you'll find yourself with a life time addiction.

By the way, I am just north of you off I-75 in Cleveland,TN (20 minutes north of Chattanooga). We are spoiled for choice with where we ski. We have the Hiwassee River, TN River, and Parksville Lake. All are about 25 minutes from my house. I am blessed to be that close to the water.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Couldn't resist after the Bayliner joke the other day. Best of luck on your journey finding the right boat. It is amazing with inboard ski boats they are either trashed or pretty darn nice. Welcome to the club, you'll find yourself with a life time addiction.

By the way, I am just north of you off I-75 in Cleveland,TN (20 minutes north of Chattanooga). We are spoiled for choice with where we ski. We have the Hiwassee River, TN River, and Parksville Lake. All are about 25 minutes from my house. I am blessed to be that close to the water.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Thanks! Thats awesome your this close. Im about 10min from carters lake, But my GF's parents have a 2005 X10 and they do nothing but Chickamauge Lake. We put in at harrison bay alot. There are time they cant always make it to the lake an since im so close to carters lake its about time i get one. We should hook up some this summer!

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
http://nwga.craigslist.org/boa/2178491789.html

Im gonna give this dude another shot. I wanna check the stringers out. Ive looked at a ton of boats over the past 3 weeks and this one i cant get out of my head. ive already looked at it once and it is in great shape. The best ive seen in person so far.

H20skeefreek
01-30-2011, 06:08 AM
I dunno man, I think I'd stay clear of the pre '83 boats with wood stringers....but that's just my opinion and I've already pissed you off. ;)

liledgy
01-30-2011, 09:34 AM
If the stringers are good and the price is fair why not? Another maybe minor annoyance of a pre 83 SS is storage. I believe pre 82 the bow was closed off. My old 82 was open, but the passenger seat back didn't hinge up to put skis and jackets away like my 83. On the 82 you could easily put a hinge on it and then cut a rectangle out of the fiberglass behind the seat back. On the 81's you would still have to deal with the closed off bow section and the potential foam. The 82's also had 25 gallon gas tanks, previously they were 20. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that 81 had a larger tank seeing that it was a deluxe.
Back to the stringers, I have an "early 83" with the wood stringers. Ihave not had any problems with loose motor mounts or other signs of decay ( doesn't mean it isn't there). My boat started out as a "promotional" boat and pulled tourneys it's first summer. It certainly wasn't babbied. I have had kids crawling all over it since 94, doing things that would make some people here cry. Jumping off the platform, swimming back to the dock, climbing back in boat and starting over are just some of the things I've caught them doing. Talk about soaking the floor! Most of it's life has been on a private lake, except for 2-3 years when it was on a river but always on a shore station. I got a call that the river was "way up" and my boat and shorestation was floating downstream towards a damn ( about 2 miles). The river came up 5-6 feet, floated boat into the canopy, raised the whole lift off the river bottom and went down stream. The sides of the windshield bent a little bit and a couple of gouges in the jelcoat was the only damage. Shallow water was the only thing that stopped it. A local man went out in a bass boat and was able to retrieve my boat and pull it to his dock.
Sorry to get so long winded but my boat has been thru a lot and besides an interior about 10 years ago and some minor parts it has been flawless. Some day I will post a picture of my rear seat. I copied it from my 88 American skier advance. The backrest was kept the same but I had 3 separate seat cushions made so I could remove the center one for ease of entering from the platform or exiting to the platform. And still have rear seating for 2.

H20skeefreek
01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
If the stringers are good and the price is fair why not? .......
Back to the stringers, I have an "early 83" with the wood stringers. Ihave not had any problems with loose motor mounts or other signs of decay ( doesn't mean it isn't there).

So.....if you can avoid the potential decay why not?

phickman
01-30-2011, 04:34 PM
By the looks of the exhaust manifolds there is likely some decay in them and they are leaking at the gaskets where the halves come together. Would need replaced in the future. Takes more than smile to change them. They look original to the boat. Just an observation. Could help negotiate a price. You can figure about 300 bucks per side if you do it yourself, add some labor for a shop to do it. The gasket set is about 100 bucks and is sold separate. http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1067

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok dudes I got it! Im am a S&S owner!!!!!

Cloaked
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok dudes I got it! Im am a S&S owner!!!!!Congrats to you Joe.... You'll be happy with that boat. Glad you found a solid machine.

crb

phickman
01-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Where's the pictures?

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats to you Joe.... You'll be happy with that boat. Glad you found a solid machine.

crb

Thank you sir! You have been a big help!

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Where's the pictures?

Im working on it. Give me a few mins.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Ok dudes I got it! Im am a S&S owner!!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the family. Did you get the brown 81?

liledgy
01-30-2011, 10:19 PM
H20skee, while it's very possible to have rotten stringers it's not common, especially Mastercraft. I have read more about supras and nautiques having stringer problems than Mastercraft. And most MC's have been in the seventies. I personally know of one MC with rotten stringers after 1980. And SS were, are a dime a dozen around here as are many other inboards. An 83 1/2,84, or 85 maybe a better choice IF everything else is the same. In 86 MC went to indmar, should we avoid pcm's because Mastercraft went with another motor (they did it for a reason). Should we only buy post 94's because fuel injection became standard that year? Should we avoid 85's and 86's because of the annoying creaking sound that the fiberglass floor made ( I would love to have either )? The "wooden stringer" has taken a life of it's own on this site in the last year. I don't know how many people you know that have had stringer problems. To the other post about the manifold gaskets, the stringers will rot out before those gaskets will fail. Which will probably be a long time!

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/iphotopix/DSC_0041.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/iphotopix/DSC_0038.jpg

Ill get better ones soon.

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the family. Did you get the brown 81?

Yep! Im proud to be a member!

josepcedwards
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
H20skee, while it's very possible to have rotten stringers it's not common, especially Mastercraft. I have read more about supras and nautiques having stringer problems than Mastercraft. And most MC's have been in the seventies. I personally know of one MC with rotten stringers after 1980. And SS were, are a dime a dozen around here as are many other inboards. An 83 1/2,84, or 85 maybe a better choice IF everything else is the same. In 86 MC went to indmar, should we avoid pcm's because Mastercraft went with another motor (they did it for a reason). Should we only buy post 94's because fuel injection became standard that year? Should we avoid 85's and 86's because of the annoying creaking sound that the fiberglass floor made ( I would love to have either )? The "wooden stringer" has taken a life of it's own on this site in the last year. I don't know how many people you know that have had stringer problems. To the other post about the manifold gaskets, the stringers will rot out before those gaskets will fail. Which will probably be a long time!

I agree, I mean if it happens to the point that it needs to be fixed. I just feel like this i another S&S that is saved from some that doesnt care that is a boat that cant be replaced easy, that take care of it a fix things that needs fixed , puts a COVER on it, uses it, ect. It the stringers become an issue then then only thing to do is fix it.

Thanks for all the input guys! Im pretty young and I have learnd tons from you guys. I fell like i did good getting this boat.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Looks like you got a great boat. For what its worth, the stringers in my boat are solid as a rock. And the previous owner didn't take the greatest care of the boat. Keep the pics coming.

03geetee
01-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Congrats thats awesome!

Take tons of pictures!

JTR

milkmania
01-31-2011, 02:18 AM

what camera you using?
great resolution!

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 07:16 AM
what camera you using?
great resolution!

It's a nikon D90. These pics arent very good compared to what that camera will really do. That was with the built in flash and 1000 iso.

Covi
01-31-2011, 08:26 AM

Wasted No time! Congrats and Welcome "officially"

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Wasted No time! Congrats and Welcome "officially"

No sir! I didn't have too many to choose from.
Glad the quest is over.

TNPIG
01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the boat. I'm now on my search for my first Mastercraft. Preferably mid to late 80's stars and stripes. Thanks to this thread, I've learned a ton. I'll be traveling to Warner Robins, GA in about a month and for some reason that area seems to usually have a good number of S&S for sale. Maybe I'll bring one back to Memphis with me.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Good luck in finding your boat. Keep us posted.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the boat. I'm now on my search for my first Mastercraft. Preferably mid to late 80's stars and stripes. Thanks to this thread, I've learned a ton. I'll be traveling to Warner Robins, GA in about a month and for some reason that area seems to usually have a good number of S&S for sale. Maybe I'll bring one back to Memphis with me.

On my epic search we drove down to Warner robins to look at a prostar 190..... Lots of wasted time. On the the way home we drove over to stone mtn/ tucker to look and a S&S and it was worse. You will fine out fast pics lie and so do people. Good luck!!!

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Good luck in finding your boat. Keep us posted.

I have a question. We did not do a in water test, but he did run it with water and all that. Never did test the trans. So when I got home I started thinking about it so I put it in gear for less the 4 sec. It made the most god awful noise. My question is..... Can I put it is gear on dry land? Hahahahahaha

TNPIG
01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
On my epic search we drove down to Warner robins to look at a prostar 190..... Lots of wasted time. On the the way home we drove over to stone mtn/ tucker to look and a S&S and it was worse. You will fine out fast pics lie and so do people. Good luck!!!

True. I learned last Summer that you can't trust pictures or the person taking them. I drove three hours with cashier check in hand for a 93 pro star 205 only to turn around and drive back home disappointed.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
I have a question. We did not do a in water test, but he did run it with water and all that. Never did test the trans. So when I got home I started thinking about it so I put it in gear for less the 4 sec. It made the most god awful noise. My question is..... Can I put it is gear on dry land? Hahahahahaha

You found out the exciting way that these boats use water to cool and lubricate the shaft bearings. That terrible noise was just letting you know how dry everything was and completely normal. Unfortunately there isn't a way to test the trans on dry land. I got my boat without doing a water test and went through the same learning curve. I hope that screech didn't take too many years off your life.

Please don't hesitate to post any questions here as I'm sure you will have plenty - I know I did (and still do from time to time). Remember.....there are no stupid questions..........Just stupid answers. :D

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
True. I learned last Summer that you can't trust pictures or the person taking them. I drove three hours with cashier check in hand for a 93 pro star 205 only to turn around and drive back home disappointed.

I thought I had a miss understand on what good cond was. It's is unreal to me how people treat boats. It's makes me sick.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
You found out the exciting way that these boats use water to cool and lubricate the shaft bearings. That terrible noise was just letting you know how dry everything was and completely normal. Unfortunately there isn't a way to test the trans on dry land. I got my boat without doing a water test and went through the same learning curve. I hope that screech didn't take too many years off your life.

Please don't hesitate to post any questions here as I'm sure you will have plenty - I know I did (and still do from time to time). Remember.....there are no stupid questions..........Just stupid answers. :D

See I did not know that. That's cool how they use water that way. I about fell out when I heard that noise. Thanks for your help I was worried.

scott023
01-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Conrgats on the purchase. Keep us informed on how she does on the water.

liledgy
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Joe, looks like a beauty! Is your bow open or is it closed off. My 82 was open but it was a pain putting things up there because of the limited accessunder the dash. Is it a slot?

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Joe, looks like a beauty! Is your bow open or is it closed off. My 82 was open but it was a pain putting things up there because of the limited accessunder the dash. Is it a slot?

Thanks! It's closed off. Not much storage. Yep, it has the power slot.

ctjahn
01-31-2011, 03:53 PM

AWESOME!!!!

phickman
01-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Glad you got it. That horrible screech is the cutlass bearing in the strut. It has little veins or grooves in it for the water to pass thru when it is going thru the water to keep it cool. Don't run in gear on land for an extended period of time or you will burn it up and the prop shaft will move around and cause vibrations and excess wear and tear. I have always sprayed some silicone down the cutlass bearing to keep it cool the handful of times I have ever had to put it in gear on land. May not have made any difference but I felt like I was taking extra care.

Love those sparkles. Enjoy. Don't put a tower on it.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Glad you got it. That horrible screech is the cutlass bearing in the strut. It has little veins or grooves in it for the water to pass thru when it is going thru the water to keep it cool. Don't run in gear on land for an extended period of time or you will burn it up and the prop shaft will move around and cause vibrations and excess wear and tear. I have always sprayed some silicone down the cutlass bearing to keep it cool the handful of times I have ever had to put it in gear on land. May not have made any difference but I felt like I was taking extra care.

Oh yes im putting a tower! A red one at that!

phickman
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Kinda like switching over to the Bayliner. Enjoy.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM

Kinda like switching over to the Bayliner. Enjoy.

Yea you got me. It there a way to get that tee out so i can use a fly high pole?

phickman
01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Go this route vs messing up your original pylon. Darn near impossible to replace. Don't cut the tee off. http://www.tachyonmotorsports.com/sdbm.html

DemolitionMan
01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Yea you got me. It there a way to get that tee out so i can use a fly high pole?

It should tap out with a rubber mallet.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Go this route vs messing up your original pylon. Darn near impossible to replace. Don't cut the tee off. http://www.tachyonmotorsports.com/sdbm.html

Thanks! Any thoughts on a cover i can trailer?

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.boatcovers.com/product_info2.php?cPath=2_50&products_id=481

I want the braown SUNBURST. Is this the right size?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM

On my boat, I shortened the cross piece in the pylon. Cut the minimum amount off and rounded it back to the original radius so it would still perform as originally designed. Should I ever feel the need to go back to original, a new correct length pieced could be fashioned from aluminum bar stock.

josepcedwards
01-31-2011, 11:58 PM
On my boat, I shortened the cross piece in the pylon. Cut the minimum amount off and rounded it back to the original radius so it would still perform as originally designed. Should I ever feel the need to go back to original, a new correct length pieced could be fashioned from aluminum bar stock.

Did you try to hammer it out before you cut it?

thatsmrmastercraft
02-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Did you try to hammer it out before you cut it?

Didn't want to remove it. Wanted to keep it functional. I can still hang all the ropes in the boat from the pylon while still using it to ski with. Not so easy to do with the cross piece removed. Plus it still retains the original look......even though the proportion is a little off.

Jim@BAWS
02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I love the wake on the 87 to 90 boats...

WHAT WAKE???

Jim@BAWS

phickman
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM

That is good to know, I have seen about three boats where somebody had hacksawed, sawsalled, or took bolt cutters to this piece. Made me sick. On the old Ski Nautique boats people lob off the ring and fingers in a similar manner. Good wisdom from you.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM

It is going to take more force than that to get it started. Use a scrap of 2x4 and a hammer. May have to work tour way up in hammer size. Also, you will need another person to brace the pylon to make your efforts more effective.

Cloaked
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
It is going to take more force than that to get it started. Use a scrap of 2x4 and a hammer. May have to work tour way up in hammer size. Also, you will need another person to brace the pylon to make your efforts more effective.Or..............park it close to a wall or something solid. Brace the top (or just underneath the round part) of pylon with a 2x4 against the wall and use a hammer in that direction with a 4 pound hammer. The 16 oz roofing hammer may be insufficient. A bit of lubricant may also be useful. WD-40 is for water displacement (WD). Use a lubricant.

H20skeefreek
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM

liledgey, I think you are a little edgey. I think you also need to do a little research about me on this site before you go criticizing what I say. I own, very proudly (heck, just read this whole thread) an '85 MC, that I don't ever plan on getting rid of unless I get some sap to buy it for 20K. I was just saying that if you've got several to choose from, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't as these things are a dime a dozen EVERYWHERE, I don't know why you would choose one with wood stringers over all glass. Granted, the one he got looks beautiful, and I'd hope to see more pictures of it soon, and I hope it works out for the best, I still would have avoided the wood.

As far as steering away from boats with a PCM, that would be stupid, as they are the same motor until EFI came out, before then the only difference was the type of raw water pump (johnson vs. sherwood, crank driven vs belt driven). They switched for 2 reasons.....1) Proximity to the plant (Knoxville area vs. Newberry, SC) and 2) Price.

Blouder
02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Good score, nice looking boat! I would address those riser gaskets and rust sooner than later. I love the sparkle brown. I'm restoring one of my other boats with a similar color.

Cloaked
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
...... boats with a PCM,The Ford 351 and the Pleasure Craft Marinization is probably the most solid and dependable setup in that era of carburated time....

liledgy
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
H20skee, fair enough. Obviously with over 2000 posts you probably know what your talking about. Getting a SS with less wood is a good start but, 84 and 84 were the only complete years without wood stringers (hardly a dime dozen compared to the total of all production years of SS). 85 probably being more desirable because no wood was in the boat seat backs, combing pads and the floor. Pesonally the 78's -85's are the most desirable. If you take the top off you would have to look hard for the differences minus the slot. Storage would be problematic pre 83 along with wood.To me an 85 even though not perfect would be a great choice for someone, if the condition and price are right. I agree if I had a 85 it would take a lot of Monet to part with it. The 84-87 interior fabric in my mind was the worst interior MC ever put in the skier or prostar. Talk about maintenance, I would cringe when girls got in my 87 with suntan oil on. It seemed to be a magnet for dirt. It also was a balls out ski boat, just like its predecessors. Sor if I came on a little hot or critical.

josepcedwards
02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
liledgey, I think you are a little edgey. I think you also need to do a little research about me on this site before you go criticizing what I say. I own, very proudly (heck, just read this whole thread) an '85 MC, that I don't ever plan on getting rid of unless I get some sap to buy it for 20K. I was just saying that if you've got several to choose from, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't as these things are a dime a dozen EVERYWHERE, I don't know why you would choose one with wood stringers over all glass. Granted, the one he got looks beautiful, and I'd hope to see more pictures of it soon, and I hope it works out for the best, I still would have avoided the wood.

As far as steering away from boats with a PCM, that would be stupid, as they are the same motor until EFI came out, before then the only difference was the type of raw water pump (johnson vs. sherwood, crank driven vs belt driven). They switched for 2 reasons.....1) Proximity to the plant (Knoxville area vs. Newberry, SC) and 2) Price.

Did i buy the wrong year? BHAHAHAHAHAHA

josepcedwards
02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Good score, nice looking boat! I would address those riser gaskets and rust sooner than later. I love the sparkle brown. I'm restoring one of my other boats with a similar color.

Thanks! Where can i get gaskets? Its not leaking anymore according to the Guy i got it from.

H20skeefreek
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Did i buy the wrong year? BHAHAHAHAHAHA
No, you didn't, it's a beautiful boat. I do hope you checked the stringers.

josepcedwards
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM
No, you didn't, it's a beautiful boat. I do hope you checked the stringers.

They are pretty solid. I was impressed for them to be in that good of shape after 30 years.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
A great source for parts and information is Discount Inboard Marine............commonly referred to as SKIDIM. Find them at http://skidim.com/

phickman
02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
By the looks of the exhaust manifolds there is likely some decay in them and they are leaking at the gaskets where the halves come together. Would need replaced in the future. Takes more than smile to change them. They look original to the boat. Just an observation. Could help negotiate a price. You can figure about 300 bucks per side if you do it yourself, add some labor for a shop to do it. The gasket set is about 100 bucks and is sold separate. http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1067

From my post on page 5

josepcedwards
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
From my post on page 5

Sorry man! Thanks! But i only need to replace if they are leaking, right?

thatsmrmastercraft
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM

Functionally yes, however, aesthetically..........................put it on the to do list. *

* I posted this reply without rereading all eleven pages of this thread. Any resemblance to a prior reply is strictly coincidence, and in no way is intended to resemble another post. :D

josepcedwards
02-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Functionally yes, however, aesthetically..........................put it on the to do list. *

* I posted this reply without rereading all eleven pages of this thread. Any resemblance to a prior reply is strictly coincidence, and in no way is intended to resemble another post. :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Can someone give me a quick heads up on how to winterize this thing?

Blouder
02-02-2011, 06:13 PM

You want to stop the corrosion. If it continues you'll end up having to replace the manifold and riser. And hope that it doesn't allow water to leak back down into the head. This is by no means an emergency issue, it's something to be aware of beore it turns into one.

Bill

josepcedwards
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM
You want to stop the corrosion. If it continues you'll end up having to replace the manifold and riser. And hope that it doesn't allow water to leak back down into the head. This is by no means an emergency issue, it's something to be aware of beore it turns into one.

Bill

Thanks bill!

TNPIG
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Finally found one for sale that's close to me. Any comments or concerns on the year, power slot transmission, etc.? 1984 doesn't have wood stringers, correct? I'm more of a skier than wakeboarder, but I do enjoy wake boarding from time to time. I'm assuming this boat would still be fun for a beginner wake boarder that isn't concerned with monster wakes to jump. Thanks for any information. This site is great.
http://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/2195990644.html

josepcedwards
02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Finally found one for sale that's close to me. Any comments or concerns on the year, power slot transmission, etc.? 1984 doesn't have wood stringers, correct? I'm more of a skier than wakeboarder, but I do enjoy wake boarding from time to time. I'm assuming this boat would still be fun for a beginner wake boarder that isn't concerned with monster wakes to jump. Thanks for any information. This site is great.

How many hours? From what I understand they still had wood but way better wrapped with fiberglass. But I'm not very smart. Hahaha. I went and looked at thT same year model and color that was in atlanta. I really liked the color.

blakehardesty
02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
There is no wood in the 84.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
There is no wood in the 84.

^^^^^Like he said - glass stringers^^^^^

josepcedwards
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
THERE IS WOOD IN A 1984!!!! My bad!

Willski
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM

I had an 84 for 13 years. Loved it. Still has a decent wake for boarding for a beginner. Great slalom wake. That price seems okay (maybe on the high side) unless the boat is in fantastic condition. Mine had 1600+ hours when I traded it with no major engine work, so they last!

TNPIG
02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I had an 84 for 13 years. Loved it. Still has a decent wake for boarding for a beginner. Great slalom wake. That price seems okay (maybe on the high side) unless the boat is in fantastic condition. Mine had 1600+ hours when I traded it with no major engine work, so they last!
He says it's in great condition. He's the second owner and he's had it since 1992. Says the interior is in excellent condition and that the only time it's seen the sun is when it's in the water. Stays in the garage at all times. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, so I'll try and take some good pictures.

liledgy
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I believe their is wood in an 84, just not the stringers. Floor, behind combing pads, some of the seat frames. Not 100% thou. I want to say 85 was their first "no wood" boat. I think I remember MC advertising it in an add.

phickman
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
85 and 86 you get the "Coleman Creak" at no extra charge. Master Craft was owned by the Coleman Company for a couple of years.

1985 Skiier
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
What is the "Coleman Creak"?

tph
02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I believe their is wood in an 84, just not the stringers. Floor, behind combing pads, some of the seat frames. Not 100% thou. I want to say 85 was their first "no wood" boat. I think I remember MC advertising it in an add.

I think the '84 is very similar to the late '83. If that's the case, then MC glassed wood into the transom and under the deck and used plywood behind the upholstery. The floor and stringers are not wood. If you count plywood in the upholstered structures then MC probably didn't have a "no wood" boat until 1990 or later.

phickman
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
What is the "Coleman Creak"?

The first all fiberglass ones of this time period just have creaking noise to them. Just part of the charm. Heard it first called that by an old timer. My 86 has it and so does the other in this time period that I have been in. I hear it under hard acceleration and making turns to pick up skiers. The Coleman Company was in charge at this time. I think it was short lived. Somebody here knows the story.

03geetee
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Gotta tell ya there is a lot of S&S love in this thread and I like it!

S&S FO LIFE!!!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/LaborDay2010035.jpg

JTR

liledgy
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Tph, I'm not sure how close 83 1/2 -84 are. I do know the 84-87 interior fabric was ( to me) the worst part of the boat. I had thought that MC went to fiberglass floors in 85 ( the creaking began then) but you may be right (84). And yes the creaking is, was noticeable in 85-86. But, to me they are damn near perfect ski boats. And reliability and longevity should be at the top of amylose list and they have both. Something a lot of the newer electronic boats suffer from. And no I'm not Jelous.

josepcedwards
02-05-2011, 12:31 AM

S&S FO LIFE!!!

JTR

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

tph
02-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Tph, I'm not sure how close 83 1/2 -84 are. I do know the 84-87 interior fabric was ( to me) the worst part of the boat. I had thought that MC went to fiberglass floors in 85 ( the creaking began then) but you may be right (84). And yes the creaking is, was noticeable in 85-86. But, to me they are damn near perfect ski boats. And reliability and longevity should be at the top of amylose list and they have both. Something a lot of the newer electronic boats suffer from. And no I'm not Jelous.

No argument about how good they are. After 27 years, our '83 is still very solid and reliable. The thing I like about the '83's is that it was the only year with standard metalflake, the old school upholstery, and the new fiberglass construction. The 84-87 upholstery looks very luxurious but I've heard it can require a bit of maintenance. As for the floor, I think MC went to glass in late '83. Here's a cut-away photo:

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I can't wait to listen for my "Coleman Creak" I just got done installing some tunes without a single cut or hole (9 speakers), so as soon as I hear it I will know when to crank the tunes:) Thanks for all the great info guys!

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh by the way if anyone is looking for an 86 there is a really nice (black and grey) one on Craigs list in Lincoln CA.

josepcedwards
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't wait to listen for my "Coleman Creak" I just got done installing some tunes without a single cut or hole (9 speakers), so as soon as I hear it I will know when to crank the tunes:) Thanks for all the great info guys!

I need pics! I want to do the Same!!!

josepcedwards
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Where do you dudes tie your S&S off at? Like at a dock or to other boats. I dont have any cleats???

TNPIG
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Going to look at the 1984 S&S today. Any particular questions I should ask? One dumb one I have right off my head is what in particular makes the limited edition a limited edition. Also, would you guys prefer the power slot transmission? I've done a fair amount of research, but I'm still pretty green on these boats for the most part. Thanks

josepcedwards
02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Going to look at the 1984 S&S today. Any particular questions I should ask? One dumb one I have right off my head is what in particular makes the limited edition a limited edition. Also, would you guys prefer the power slot transmission? I've done a fair amount of research, but I'm still pretty green on these boats for the most part. Thanks

Awesome! Yes you want the power slot.
Ask him:
-the history of the boat
-If it has a new carb
-check the trailer for bad rust
-Look for spidder webbing or cracks in the gelcoat
-make him run it if you can
-make sure the platform mounts are nice and tight along with the ski pylon
-look for leaks from the motor and trans
-make sure the guages work and nav lights
Just look it over and talk with the guy.

TNPIG
02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I think I'm covered on questions. I printed off East Tx Skier's "I'm shopping for a used boat. What sort of things should I look for?" link in the fequently asked questions thread. Thanks to him for putting in the time and effort for that!

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok, I will have some pics up in a few, and I lied I have eight speakers in and one almost. 4800 watts one 12" Pioneer in a ported Harmon Cardon box that my neighbor was throwing away because his wife does not like Bass, 4 6X9s pioneer, 2 6" round 2 2 jbltweaters.

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3798.jpg This is how I tie mine offhttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3799.jpg

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Here are some pics of the S&S stereo install.http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3741.jpghttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3800.jpghttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3802.jpg

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Mhttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3805.jpg[/IMG[IMG]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3803.jpg]asrtercraft/IMG_3806.jpg

1985 Skiier
02-05-2011, 03:32 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3803.jpghttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3805.jpghttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3803.jpg

TNPIG
02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Went to look at it and it was as advertised. Interior was pretty much flawless and I only saw a couple of small scratches on the boat...it is a '84. No radio and the bilge is shot. Other than that, I didn't notice anything wrong. I crawled under the boat and there was literally not a single scratch on the bottom of the hull. I'm not an engine expert, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. I told him that I'd like to take it for a drive when the Winter is over and if everything checked good I'd buy it. I'm starting to get kind of stoked. Listening to him tell me his slalom stories got me even more stoked.

03geetee
02-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Pics no workie!

JTR

TNPIG
02-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Still learning to post images from a MAC

phickman
02-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Went to look at it and it was as advertised. Interior was pretty much flawless and I only saw a couple of small scratches on the boat...it is a '84. No radio and the bilge is shot. Other than that, I didn't notice anything wrong. I crawled under the boat and there was literally not a single scratch on the bottom of the hull. I'm not an engine expert, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. I told him that I'd like to take it for a drive when the Winter is over and if everything checked good I'd buy it. I'm starting to get kind of stoked. Listening to him tell me his slalom stories got me even more stoked.

A pressure washer makes them "unshot." First Rule of Buying A Ski Boat: Cheaper in winter, when the water comes up so does the price.:)

Looks like a nice old ski tug. Also, I spy a Power Slot Symbol on the window above the throttle.You might jump on that. Paul

TNPIG
02-05-2011, 09:07 PM
one more of the drivers seat

SunCoast 83
02-05-2011, 09:27 PM

S&S FO LIFE!!!

JTR

They are a special breed of ski boat!:D

liledgy
02-05-2011, 09:39 PM
That boat looks clean, I love the colors too.

josepcedwards
02-06-2011, 12:38 AM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Mhttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3805.jpg[/IMG[IMG]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Masrtercraft/IMG_3803.jpg]asrtercraft/IMG_3806.jpg

Great job! Thanks!

josepcedwards
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Still learning to post images from a MAC

I like the colors

1985 Skiier
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks like a really nice boat, I have never seen the limited edition sticker before. What does that mean?

TNPIG
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Looks like a really nice boat, I have never seen the limited edition sticker before. What does that mean?

I was wondering the same thing. Owner told me it's becuase of the power slot transmission. He also said there were only something like 100 made that year with that color scheme, so maybe that has something to do with it.

duckguy
02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Or maybe someone just stuck it on

milkmania
02-06-2011, 02:39 PM

I think I'm covered on questions. I printed off East Tx Skier's "I'm shopping for a used boat. What sort of things should I look for?" link in the fequently asked questions thread. Thanks to him for putting in the time and effort for that!

don't know what kind of deal you made with the guy, but if I had a boat for sale and a guy was promising me he'd consider it in 3 month VS. a guy walking up with green......... I'd go green:cool:

:twocents:

TNPIG
02-06-2011, 03:26 PM
don't know what kind of deal you made with the guy, but if I had a boat for sale and a guy was promising me he'd consider it in 3 month VS. a guy walking up with green......... I'd go green:cool:

:twocents:
I absolutely agree. I told him that if someone wrote him a check without putting it in the water then so be it. I can't buy a boat I haven't driven yet. Besides, the test drive was the best part of East Texas Skier's checklist.

milkmania
02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I absolutely agree. I told him that if someone wrote him a check without putting it in the water then so be it. I can't buy a boat I haven't driven yet. Besides, the test drive was the best part of East Texas Skier's checklist.

agreed....bitter-sweet double-edged sword

1985 Skiier
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Go rip it, then put it in your garage! Is it still frozen out there? My Cousin lives outside of Dallas and his pipes busted to his house and his pool plumbing is really jacked up.

milkmania
02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Dallas doesn't freeze much?

sorry for the threadjack, but poo happens:rolleyes:

josepcedwards
02-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Here are a few of mine! Its was nice enough to get it out.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0336.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0337.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0349.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0342.jpg

josepcedwards
02-06-2011, 06:55 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0354.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/josephe27/DSC_0340.jpg

SunCoast 83
02-06-2011, 11:08 PM
great boat! any big plans for it?

josepcedwards
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
great boat! any big plans for it?

There are some small thing that need overhualed. Other than adding some tunes and some hidden LED's for some sundown rides, im leavin her like she is. oh, And a fly high pole.

Ubugme2
02-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I would not mind selling my 85 S&S. It has a tower thou, Motor and trans in awsome shape and Interior is Factory with some wear on it. I would like 4500 or 5k. I got it for 7500 three years ago. I can text pics if you like. 316-708-2822.

David4MCSammyDuvall
02-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Beautiful boat !!!! Congrats on your new boat ! Loved the brown sparkle. I agree with your comments about how different people's views about what's good or bad condition on boats. It's pretty disappointing and scary. I'm a proud owner of 1995 MC Sammy Duvall ProStar 190, silver metalflake. It's my second boat. My first one was 1988 MC ProStar 190. I live in between Stone Mountain and Snellville at a private lake called Norris Lake. Check it out ! :-)

josepcedwards
02-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Beautiful boat !!!! Congrats on your new boat ! Loved the brown sparkle. I agree with your comments about how different people's views about what's good or bad condition on boats. It's pretty disappointing and scary. I'm a proud owner of 1995 MC Sammy Duvall ProStar 190, silver metalflake. It's my second boat. My first one was 1988 MC ProStar 190. I live in between Stone Mountain and Snellville at a private lake called Norris Lake. Check it out ! :-)

Thanks! I love the Sammy boats! Im def leaving the sparkle! Your not that far from us. I here lake Norris is smooth and beautiful!

TNPIG
02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Took him out for a test drive today and my expectations were exceeded. The engine purred and I couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. The owner wasn't happy with the way it sounded when first starting it after being winterized, so he rebuilt the carb. Again, I was shocked at the performance in the water. I was amazed at how well he kept speed without having to make throttle adjustments.

Finally, after two years of looking and researching I'll be a Mastercraft owner Tuesday. I'll post some more pictures when I get him home. Thanks for all the information on here and I'm sure I'll be asking for more help in the future.

03geetee
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats!

JTR

SunCoast 83
02-21-2011, 01:53 AM
I like that color set up alot....I looked hard at one just like it 6 years ago.

scott023
02-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Congrats. Looks darn good. More pics would be appreciated.

Covi
02-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Looks clean Nice boat. I hope you enjoy "him". Mines a "her", always will be.

josepcedwards
02-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Looks good!

phickman
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Looks like the honeymoon is over, that didn't last long. All in the chase. What's up Mr. Edwards? Did you even ski a set behind it?
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/boa/2225688328.html

Covi
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Looks like the honeymoon is over, that didn't last long. All in the chase. What's up Mr. Edwards?
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/boa/2225688328.html

That was fast!

03geetee
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
What happened? Thats a shame.

JTR

phickman
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Stay tuned for the next episode of "Flip this Inboard". He finally found the right Bayliner for him.

SunCoast 83
02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
It has "tones" of power....

TNPIG
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Problem with the radio install?

aquaman
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
there must be a good story behind this drama?

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
ITS NOT FOR SALE!!!!!! My dumbass friends! LOOK at the price!!!! He wont take it off!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Great friends. :D

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Yea really! You should have heard the conversion with the first person that called. Haha. I have to give it to them it's funny. I flagged it and it's still up!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Yea really! You should have heard the conversion with the first person that called. Haha. I have to give it to them it's funny. I flagged it and it's still up!

I would have thought flagging it would get it down right away. Can't beat a good practical joke.

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
I would have thought flagging it would get it down right away. Can't beat a good practical joke.

I fell for it. He call and asked me a few questions about like what was new and just little things... Now I see why. Ill flag it again.

scott023
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I'd probably melt down on someone if I kept getting calls for an item that wasn't for sale.

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I'd probably melt down on someone if I kept getting calls for an item that wasn't for sale.

I cant get too mad. Ive played jokes on them before too!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I cant get too mad. Ive played jokes on them before too!

Some people are more likely to get their panties in a bind than others. :rolleyes:

scott023
02-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Some people are more likely to get their panties in a bind than others. :rolleyes:

Panties??? :rotf:

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 03:59 PM

All he did was start a war!!!!:uglyhamme

scott023
02-22-2011, 04:01 PM

With a prank like that, this could get ugly.....

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM

With a prank like that, this could get ugly.....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

scott023
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Cripes, you eat a lot of that stuff...

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Cripes, you eat a lot of that stuff...

Its a hazard of being in front of the computer so much, and working at home. :rolleyes:

phickman
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Great looking Bayliner you bought, not sure I would give up a nice SS for it though. Saw your post over on the Bayliner Owners Club.:confused:

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Great looking Bayliner you bought, not sure I would give up a nice SS for it though. Saw your post over on the Bayliner Owners Club.:confused:

You know deep down bayliner is better.

phickman
02-22-2011, 10:37 PM
You know deep down bayliner is better.

Yep, down by the damn with fish swimming all around it. The deeper the better. I hear the mudcats really like them.8p

josepcedwards
02-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Yep, down by the damn with fish swimming all around it. The deeper the better. I hear the mudcats really like them.8p

BAYLINER rules!!!!:uglyhamme

TNPIG
02-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Quick newbie question. Isn't the cap/dipstick for checking the transmission fluid supposed to tighten down? When I check the fluid and go to put the dipstick back in, it just spins and doesn't tighten up. Thanks

josepcedwards
02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Quick newbie question. Isn't the cap/dipstick for checking the transmission fluid supposed to tighten down? When I check the fluid and go to put the dipstick back in, it just spins and doesn't tighten up. Thanks

Its fine like that. Its not treaded it really just kinda snaps on there.