PDA

View Full Version : PA and surrounding states......reunion??

Jerseydave
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
DATE IS SET! JULY 29-31!

These cold days get me thinking about warm weather, sunshine and clean water.
I thought wouldn't it be nice to gather up some MC owners for a weekend of fun at the largest lake in PA......Raystown Lake!

www.raystownresort.com

Everything is right there....lodge, houseboat rentals, cabins, camping, waterfront restaurant, mini-golf, waterpark.

July/early August weekend would work best in think.

So who's interested???

JohnE
01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I was interested until I searched for directions. 9 hours for me. Ouch. I can be in PA in about 4 1/2, but not to that part of PA. Could be a good time. Hope you get some interest.

Double D
01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
4 hour drive... maybe. Depends on date. We have our Buckeye Bash scheduled for August 21st so not sure I can do both.

Jerseydave
01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
JohnE, sorry about the whole distance thing but it's the best lake with the most to offer in this area. (Picture Lake Winnie but with no houses or towns on it) Maybe you'll be @ Lake George NY this year instead?

Double D, I won't plan it that late in august.....if anything I'd shoot for mid to late July or 1st weekend in august.

damaged442
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Hoping to make it with Lake George this year. We had our third kid at the beginning of July last year so we missed out. Depending on the dates, this may be a possibility also!

Jerseydave
01-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Hoping to make it with Lake George this year. We had our third kid at the beginning of July last year so we missed out. Depending on the dates, this may be a possibility also!

I want to try and make it to Lake George also, so when they nail down a date for theirs I will work around that.
Hopefully I can get some members from western PA, MD, NY, OH, etc. Right now I just want to get a feel for who's interested in coming.

Jim@BAWS
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Go for Wallenpaupak (sp)

Jerseydave
01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Go for Wallenpaupak (sp)

Raystown lake has a lot more going for it than Lake Wally, mostly better places to stay and more skiable water all day long. (Wally gets crazy busy on weekends) Sterling Marina is the MC dealer in eastern PA, maybe they would like to come out with some demo boats.

You're welcome to come up and join us Jim.....plenty of room on the X-star......I'll even let you drive! :D

JohnE
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
JohnE, sorry about the whole distance thing but it's the best lake with the most to offer in this area. (Picture Lake Winnie but with no houses or towns on it) Maybe you'll be @ Lake George NY this year instead?

Double D, I won't plan it that late in august.....if anything I'd shoot for mid to late July or 1st weekend in august.

Lake George is a possibility.

Jerseydave
01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Lake George is a possibility.

That's good.....hopefully there will be another reunion there again this year (does anyone have info on this yet?)

In the meantime, here's a couple more reasons to come check out Raystown Lake

Camping

Smooth water even when the wind blows

JDKline
01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
That's good.....hopefully there will be another reunion there again this year (does anyone have info on this yet?)

In the meantime, here's a couple more reasons to come check out Raystown Lake

Camping

Smooth water even when the wind blows

I have some insight on this lake seeing that I go up there about 5 weekends a year. Not the best water to ski on the weekends after about 9:00am(very busy) however I would agree it is an awesome lake and very nice. Let me know when you are going and I will see what I can do on my end.

JD

Jerseydave
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I have some insight on this lake seeing that I go up there about 5 weekends a year. Not the best water to ski on the weekends after about 9:00am(very busy) however I would agree it is an awesome lake and very nice. Let me know when you are going and I will see what I can do on my end.

JD

Thanks for the offer JD. Hopefully I can settle on a weekend that will work for everyone that's interested.
If you have any suggestions on activites let me know. Here's some ideas of mine:

*slalom junkies....there is usually a slalom course set up not far up the lake from the resort
*barefooters....Maybe some footers would like to put on a show for the rest of us as we raft-up?
*speaking of raft ups, there are some great coves for swimming if we want to raft up in a cove
*cliff diving.....there are some pretty good cliffs to dive from if anyone is game for that
*saturday night......dinner @ the resort on the deck overlooking the lake
*go-carts......maybe a bunch of us can try the go-cart track nearby (10 mins away)

damaged442
01-27-2011, 09:33 PM

I haven't heard anything yet on it yet. I'll see what I can find out.

JDKline
01-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Sounds like you have some great ideas. I think the Go-Karts are no longer there and last year the slalom course was not there either......but just hanging out and enjoying the day on the lake would be great. We usually head to party cove to raft up and swim.

93Prostar190
01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey guys .... sounds interesting in Late July early august for me ... Mid August is the Buckeye Bash here in Columbus and since I help put it together I will be here for that .... keep the process moving and keep the interest alive.

Peace.

Jerseydave
02-27-2011, 10:48 AM
bump to the top

Almost ready to set a date for this......stay tuned!

Jerseydave
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
DATE IS SET FOR JULY 29-31!

I would suggest you call for your reservations NOW!
Raystown resort's # 814-658-3500

CALL TODAY! They are getting very booked for the summer already.
This is what they have as of today (4/15/11)

7 lodge rooms available (call for a boat slip $$ or put it on the trailer at night)
4 pine cabins available (on the water in a cove, good overnight anchor spot)
3 maple cabins available
62 camp sites (about 1/2 are tent sites)
I'm not sure about houseboats availability

Sterling Marina (PA MC dealer) will be donating some goodies

This will be a relaxed weekend with a chill-out atmosphere.....raft-up, ski, wakeboard, barefoot, perhaps dinner together saturday night @ the marina. Just a good weekend to hang with other MC people at a great spot!

If you're from PA, OH, MD, NY, NJ or ??? come out to the lake for a fun weekend! :D

Jerseydave
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
**Very limited number of rooms/cabins remaining guys**

Let's get a good number of you MC owners at the most beautiful lake in PA!

Jerseydave
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
3 months away but Raystown resort does fill up fast......who's coming?

Jerseydave
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Seems that no one else is posting here but me.......so once again here I am! :D

Who's stoked to come out to Raystown this year?

Jerseydave
06-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Anyone make plans to come out at the end of July?

Hello..............is this thing on??? :)

Double D
06-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Not sure I can make it ...... yet...

Jerseydave
06-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Not sure I can make it ...... yet...

Let me know if you can make it......I'll be out there no matter what!

JDKline
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I believe I will be ther with two other MC owners......I will probably stay at one of the other MC Owners camper. Can't wait. If I can help with anything let me know.

93Prostar190
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey WillyT and DoubleD ... thinking about going ...... my weekend is open ...... any interest?

Jerseydave
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Hey WillyT and DoubleD ... thinking about going ...... my weekend is open ...... any interest?

I hope you guys can make it! When it gets closer to the date, please post how many are coming in your group and we'll try to get together at the marina for dinner sat night. Before that I'm thinking some morning ski/wakeboard runs followed by a raft-up, location TBA. (maybe near the cliffs?)